Nitrogen Toxicity In Veg Stage... Suggestions?

• Thread starter Lilmonk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lilmonk

hi all,

First time poster, many time reader... thanks for all the help!

My ladies are in week 6 of veg, I wanted to flip them this weekend but noticed nitrogen toxicity on a few plants.
I uploaded some pics which you can see the leaf tip curling down and their new growth colour looks a little off to me but not sure if it is or I'm just being paranoid.
I know that flushing is the main suggestion, and I will do it once they have dried out but my other questions are these:

How important is it to flush with ph'd water?
How seriously will this nitrogen issue affect the plants in the flowering stage?
How soon after flushing should I see an improvement?
And how does the colour of the new veg look in the photo to you guys?

Thanks in advance for any help! Much appreciated!

Nitrogen toxicity in veg stage suggestions
Nitrogen toxicity in veg stage suggestions 2
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
N tox plants would be dark green with heavy clawing, yours looks more like a deficiency.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If its a toxicity, its more likely P or K

L

Lilmonk

Ye the feed we gave was pretty heavy on the K... does it look really bad? Or something the plant will snap out of my flowering? A flush will help?

Perception

Perception

I'm a noob, but I think they look pretty good. The clawing looks minimal to me. If you have a little excess Nitrogen, they'll be happy after flip. I've been finding that my plants like a lot of nitrogen for the first few weeks of flower.

One thing I don't know about is your new growth. My new growth is always light green, but I don't have enough experience to say if yours is correct or not.

L

Lilmonk

Perception thanks for the positive words... I am going to trust that you aren't a noob

I am also just worried that the soil itself is too hot, we amended with chicken, worm castings and blood meal. Do you think a flush will help get rid of excess nitro in that?

Also thinking to flush and then flip them a couple of days later... hopefully it all goes ok

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

hi all,

My ladies are in week 6 of veg, I wanted to flip them this weekend but noticed nitrogen toxicity on a few plants.
I uploaded some pics which you can see the leaf tip curling down and their new growth colour looks a little off to me but not sure if it is or I'm just being paranoid.
I know that flushing is the main suggestion, and I will do it once they have dried out but my other questions are these:

How seriously will this nitrogen issue affect the plants in the flowering stage?

Leave it alone that plant looks fantastic. Don't worry about high nitrogen levels the nice thing about nitrogen it gets used up quickly it will be fine. Flushing will only wash out all your precious nutrients.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

hi all,

And mr Mcskunkins is right again it looks like it could use some nitrogen.

L

Lilmonk

Everyone, thank you for your input. I so greatly appreciate them. Decided to dep them today and hope they use any extra nitro in these first couple of weeks of flowering.

Sorry to ask another question but what are your thoughts on this plant: over watering or nitro toxicity also? It's in a different bed and was transplanted yesterday a week ago. Since then I watered four days after transplanting and have sprayed neem oil...

Any thoughts again would be so helpful and appreciated!

IMG 1352
below frigid

below frigid

Looks like a plant late in the afternoon on a hot day. Could be a little over watered as well. I don't see any N toxicity.

L

Lilmonk

Cool thanks for your input, appreciate it. Their soil is definitely not dry... so I'm leaning towards having over watered. But would it take three days for this issue to show up?

fatawa

fatawa

It does look overwaterd like already said..you r def high on "n" tho..not saying you got problems but yur walking the line..thats a dark as hunter green..givs it away

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Everyone, thank you for your input. I so greatly appreciate them. Decided to dep them today and hope they use any extra nitro in these first couple of weeks of flowering.

Sorry to ask another question but what are your thoughts on this plant: over watering or nitro toxicity also? It's in a different bed and was transplanted yesterday a week ago. Since then I watered four days after transplanting and have sprayed neem oil...

Any thoughts again would be so helpful and appreciated!
Yes it looks like that plant received too much nitrogen. Don't give it anymore it'll be fine by flower.

Top Bottom