Nutrient Issues?

• Thread starter Be42ohh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Be42ohh

Be42ohh

So I have posted on a few other websites to try and get some help with this issue but no one has been able to give me any advice at all so I thought I would try “ThcFarmer”
This is my first grow and I was looking for a little advice.

I have 3 plants that are about a month and a half old, and in my opinion they seem to be growing very slowly. They are in some generic potting soil and under a 600w led at about 18”(full spectrum 24/0) in a 2x4 tent. I am giving them about 1/3 tsp of “FloraNova Bloom” per liter of water, also have been keeping the ph around 6.0-6.5.

I also started these plants outside and brought them inside after 2 and a half weeks, they have all been topped and seemed to be somewhat happy until I noticed the bottom leaves starting to turn almost white. I was also having a problem with nutrient burn. So maybe the two could be related?If anyone can give me some advice or some thoughts as to what I can do to stop this problem from spreading it would be greatly appreciated.
Nutrient issues
Nutrient issues 2

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I dont know shit about soil growing but what is your watering practice or schedule. Also did you mix anything in to help with drainage in your soil. What type of container do you have your soil in and and are there drainage holes?

Be42ohh

Be42ohh

I dont know shit about soil growing but what is your watering practice or schedule. Also did you mix anything in to help with drainage in your soil. What type of container do you have your soil in and and are there drainage holes?
I water when the top is about 3” dry, which is about every 2-3 days. The soil has a little perlite in it so I didn’t feel the need to add anymore, it drains pretty well. the pots are 2 gallons and they do have drainage holes in the bottom.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I water when the top is about 3” dry, which is about every 2-3 days. The soil has a little perlite in it so I didn’t feel the need to add anymore, it drains pretty well. the pots are 2 gallons and they do have drainage holes in the bottom.
Ok was just looking like possible oxygen/ transpiration issues cause from compact pr wet soil. Like I say dont know much about soil so see what others have to say.

Be42ohh

Be42ohh

Ok was just looking like possible oxygen/ transpiration issues cause from compact pr wet soil. Like I say dont know much about soil so see what others have to say.
Well I appreciate it, I am honestly not to worried about this grow, it was just some bag seed that I found, I have ordered some smart pots and some ffof along with some feminized seeds. So it’s pretty much just a trial run to learn as much as I can before I start the plants that I have actually invested money in.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
What are your temps? Why are you giving them bloom? They need grow nutes while vegging.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Ok there is your problem. At that temps, plants use much more water and with that rh, even more. It looks overwatered eventho you wait for the soil to dry out.
That will eventually lead to a wide array of problems as you go.
You have to find a way to bump that rh up and if possible lower those temps a bit.
Oops, I meant the veg not bloom. My bad, and my temps are a little high 85-90, and I know my humidity is pretty low, around 25-30.

Be42ohh

Be42ohh

Ok there is your problem. At that temps, plants use much more water and with that rh, even more. It looks overwatered eventho you wait for the soil to dry out.
That will eventually lead to a wide array of problems as you go.
You have to find a way to bump that rh up and if possible lower those temps a bit.
Okay awesome! I was about to buy another fan and possibly raise the light a bit so the temp can go down a little. And do you know of any ways other than a humidifier to get my humidity up?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Okay awesome! I was about to buy another fan and possibly raise the light a bit so the temp can go down a little. And do you know of any ways other than a humidifier to get my humidity up?
Get an exhaust fan and a humidifier. They are both relatively cheap and necessary in the long run if you have low rh and high temps.
With those temps and rh, all the air you are blowing at the plant is making things worse imo, causing even more evaporation.

Be42ohh

Be42ohh

Get an exhaust fan and a humidifier. They are both relatively cheap and necessary in the long run if you have low rh and high temps.
With those temps and rh, all the air you are blowing at the plant is making things worse imo, causing even more evaporation.
Okay, the only thing is I don’t have much room on either side of my tent.

Be42ohh

Be42ohh

I was thinking if I pull the tent forward and put the exhaust out the back that should be fine, right?
And as long as I have the fan pulling hot air out it would pull the cool air in through the open vents? Or I need to buy a duct fan to blow air in as well?

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

And as long as I have the fan pulling hot air out it would pull the cool air in through the open vents? Or I need to buy a duct fan to blow air in as well?
Yea, if you got a powerful enough exhaust fan at the top of your tent, it will suck air in the bottom. But it doesn't help a whole lot in such an enclosed area. It would def help a little to pull it off the wall. But if that closet is closed, it will just be exhausting hot air into the closet, and basically sucking it right back in. Do u keep the door closed to that closet?

Be42ohh

Be42ohh

Yea, if you got a powerful enough exhaust fan at the top of your tent, it will suck air in the bottom. But it doesn't help a whole lot in such an enclosed area. It would def help a little to pull it off the wall. But if that closet is closed, it will just be exhausting hot air into the closet, and basically sucking it right back in. Do u keep the door closed to that closet?
Yeah I do keep it closed because everyone in my house smokes cigarettes so I’m trying to keep it away from that, there is a crawl space above the closet maybe vent into there?

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Yeah I do keep it closed because everyone in my house smokes cigarettes so I’m trying to keep it away from that, there is a crawl space above the closet maybe vent into there?
I'm not a grow expert by any means but in my opinion that would definitely be better than exhausting back into the closet

Top Bottom