NWElite89- UC4XL *Critical Kush*

• Thread starter NWElite89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NWElite89

I am back at it again for Round 2! I have learned lots about the Under-current and running multi-strains so much that I decide to go down to a 4 site running a single strain (lol); Critical Kush. If you watched my last thread, you will noticed that things did not go as plan and ended up with sub-par results for my setup. Even though the Critical Kush did not produce well last round, I am still a believer in its genetics for its stellar yield and decided to give it a second chance. Along with the module site change, I decided to add another air stone in each module to give the plant (2x) more oxygen when the roots really begin to swallow tub. I also changed my lights around and added a bigger carbon filter to match the 8"XXL reflectors resulting in cooler temps/easier management..

*LEGAL GROW- RCW 69.51a

EQUIPMENT:
(2) Magnum XXL 8" Reflector
(2)1000W Ballast (1000,750,600)...super lumens which I dont use
(4) Rubbermaid 14 Gallon Tubs
(1) Alita Ap-60 air pump
(8) 4" air disc (2 in each module)

NUTRIENT LINE
House and Garden-
Aqua Flakes A+B
Bud Booster
Multi-Zen
Drip Clean
Bud XL
Top Booster
Magic Green
General Hydroponics- Cal/Mag*
Hygrozyme*

* When/If needed

4 WEEK VEG SUMMARY (DAY 30)

I decided to give the 5 gallon buckets the Ap60 which really gave my give roots some super charged results. It seems to have worked quite well and the plant seems to be responding to my early LST'ing. Currently on week 4, and most of the plants "tops" are about 2 feet (24") in height. The CK's were really squished in that tent for over two weeks while I was modifying things, that I have been slowly tying the branches back to open up the canopy. Going to veg for one more week while the plant responds to the last final bits of training/clones cutting time. I have heard that some of these phenos of Critical Kush might take on a sativa like stretch and it might come to bite me down the road as I only want to keep the plant under 4 feet. Here are some photos of to catch ya up with the progress

Current Conditions:
1500 Watts- (2) 750watt- *summer conditions

Room Temp- 78
Water Temp- 63
Humidity- 55%
PPMS- 410
PH 5.9

Nwelite89  uc4xl  critical kush
Nwelite89  uc4xl  critical kush 2
Nwelite89  uc4xl  critical kush 3
Nwelite89  uc4xl  critical kush 4
Nwelite89  uc4xl  critical kush 5
Nwelite89  uc4xl  critical kush 6
Nwelite89  uc4xl  critical kush 7
Nwelite89  uc4xl  critical kush 8
Nwelite89  uc4xl  critical kush 9
Nwelite89  uc4xl  critical kush 10
Nwelite89  uc4xl  critical kush 11
Nwelite89  uc4xl  critical kush 12
N

NWElite89

Took some clones for next round and seem to be doing well within 24 hours, pointing up to light. I should be starting the flower period this weekend, but I am just doing some final bending and placement of the colas before I flip these babies. Turned up my ballasts to 1,000 watts for a day to see how the new ventilation was working and it only got to 81.7.:) with both reflectors 24" above the canopy. Things are going take off here in the next few weeks and I am pretty stoked for the madness to begin. System has been staying a lot more stable this round and been easier to manage without massive fluctuations (Ph) without notice.....So far these improvements are paying off.

IMAG1344
IMAG1356
N

NWElite89

DAY 1 OF FLOWER

I decided to change the bulbs and put them into flower earlier than planned. I felt as though the canopy had filled enough and I have not seen how she will stretch, but on a side note, the plant has been eating really well and been enjoying watch the ppms go down. Trimmed/Pruned the ladies last night and they look great which should lead to better colas on the top and no popcorn bud.. Put some tape around the hinges of the glass to seal up the reflectors and making my temperatures drop a little bit which is good and also not loosing any heat from being extracted. Maintaining 80F with 55% humidity with lights on. Heres a couple of night shots for ya. So many tops......gonna be a good one:)

Water Temp- 67
PPM'S- 270

IMAG1348
IMAG1352
IMAG1376
IMAG1381
IMAG1383
IMAG1391
Haggardass

Haggardass

Hey man just wanted to stop by and show your thread some love since you showed mine, thx for the words over there. Nice looking plants you have here keep it up and happy growing.

N

NWElite89

Thanks for stoppin by Haggardass. Been slowly working on my technique and going back to basics. Everything seems to be doing well and s far no complaints here. After doing a couple grows, I recently read a little post from Woods about the 6 factors for environment conditions...or something along those lines, and it has been paying off. Hoping for stellar results

Haggardass

Haggardass

I had to go back to basics a little to i took a year off and moved from a REALLY dry climate to a REALLY humid climate so Waterings are less frequent, don't need to spray plus, it's hotter here so i need more air then my old setup, i had one 4 inch fan and a 600 hps, now i have a 1000 and a six inch fan plus an 8k btu ac lol but I'm excited for flower time in this tent, and I'm excited to go back and do a refresher on germing techniques and other things, just because I know one way doesn't mean there's not a better way.

N

NWElite89

I had a rough start last cycle and it made me think what I could do differently to prevent this. I had used 5 gallon buckets which I used all throughout the grow process before I switched to the UC. I primarily use the 5 gallons for veg which gives great root growth before transferring to the UC. I learned that you need good growth before any type of transfer. Seems to paying off right now

Haggardass

Haggardass

Ya man I learned some basics over again as well like not using to much perlite, its a nice refresher though, I usually start byt just transplanting my jiffy tab into the little green 4 inch nursery pots, then when the root mass is rock hard i move up to one gallon pots then veg for about 3 weeks, then up to a 2 gallon and flower, I actually went all the way through a 6 week veg and full flower cycle in one gallon pots the mass was as hard as concrete when they were done and they took a half gallon water morning and night the last 4 weeks of flower, it was awesome tho for sure and i averaged a little over 3 ozs per plant I was excited lol

N

NWElite89

Thanks Cannaculture! Been trying to improve my technique (top/LST) and so far it seems to be working and definitely my best grow so far. Stoked for the next 8 weeks

N

NWElite89

DAY 5 OF FLOWER

Decided to post things a little bit early as this coming week/end is busy. Things are looking great so far and the canopy is filling in nicely even without a screen. Majority of the plants tops are sitting at 25" inches and the reflectors are sitting at 20" above the canopy. My smallest plant which is in the right/ front as surprised me in the last week or so on how much bigger it has grown compared to the others. It was pretty much the runt of the group in my tent as the others were growing slightly ahead of this one, but has caught up:) Been doing a weekly regimen of Azamax, and the plant leaves are looking very healthy and green. Week 2 of flower, I gave the 200ml of Aqua Flakes A/B and 65ml of Multi-zen which put the ppms at 500. A little lower than I had wanted, but I don't want to push these while I am busy and don't want to come back sorry. Temps been doing solid and the humidity is great. Those pond foggers really pump out some humidity for my room. maintaining 55-60% with lights on, and it can get to 75% with the lights off, might need to readjust when the plant is further along in the cycle, but compared to last cycle, i was battling 40% most of the time and it clearly shows a difference. Clones are just about to get some white roots, you can see the (nubs) and usually by about day 12, all of them will have a good shoots. Also I am really glad I decided to clean that under canopy early as I have learned in the past, its harder to get tot that shit, when the canopy is over-grown and full, plus how much wasted growth does not get light. Anyway, here are a couple of pics to keep ya occupied......till next week. Hope everyone's grow cycle is going great

Current Conditions

Room Temp-63-77L
Humidity- 58%
PPMS- 500
Water Temp- 66F

IMAG1420
IMAG1423
IMAG1424
IMAG1425
IMAG1426
IMAG1427
IMAG1436
IMAG1438
catdaddy

catdaddy

very nice run so far. looking forward to your future progress and thanks for sharing.

A

A-Roe

I was wondering why your plants looked great but were drooping, dude stop using that fogger asap. The drier the better in flowering( but not desert dry), you'll have enough moisture in the air from your plants in the uc transpiring, if you continue to use that fogger your more than likely going to battling P.M. and losing your whole crop.

N

NWElite89

A-roe - usually the fogger kicks off when the lights turn off now that I think figured the correct water level to match the timing of the lights, but I wanted to see full capbilties for my setup. I check on this room every 2 hours or so and the humidity tapers off to mid 50's I have battled pm in the past at a different location and that sucked, but I will keep an eye out for that though. Almost always above 60 you will most likely get pm leading to bad mold. I know this strain has critical mass genetics and I know that strain is prone to pm if humidity temps aren not right.

Haggardass

Haggardass

you have some nice little bushes here man im liking it, did you top or fem? Or just tie them down?

N

NWElite89

@ Haggardass-
Did topping and LST'ing. This is the first "true test" of this strain, so I am still playing around with it to get the best feel of it. I believe I topped 3x each plant and began LST'ing in the second week. Not a real fan of the FIM technique. Gets me excited each day to look at the progress:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom