Obama Tries to Rewrite His History of Promising Forbearance for Medical Marijuana Suppliers

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

I'm glad you make the point that he is the lesser of two evils.

This has really been my argument the entire time--it underlies essentially everything I've said.

I don't mean to say the guy's shit doesn't stink--just that in many ways his hands are tied. There is something called tradition and it dictates that a President doesn't go around all willy nilly signing executive orders. This really is for emergencies--and while he does have the power to do this, doing so would be viewed as a massive abuse of power.

This would be political suicide.

While I agree that avoiding political suicide is one of the worst facets of our system of government--in this case I prefer it, because the alternative is Mitt Romney.

I hope that makes sense. Sometimes it can be really difficult to make a point which isn't necessarily good but is only better. That's what we're looking at here. Is Obama the champion for MMJ we all wanted? No.

Will Mitt Romney make him seem like mother goose? Absolutely.

I really ask you guys to take a second, and look at who was targeted under Bush--and then look at who's been targeted under Obama. The scene certainly hasn't flourished under Obama--but we are seeing much fewer patients being prosecuted as opposed to suppliers.

While I admit this does affect patients--again I suggest it affects them less than the actions a republican president would've taken. It's also worth mentioning that I'll bet at least 40-50% of the businesses which have been raided in the past 4 years have committed some offense of which we are not aware (like supplying a non-medical person). Do you expect that these businesses will come out and take responsibility? Or is it more likely that they'll cry foul and claim innocence.

Greed is a powerful thing, and I feel like in this argument people have assumed it's value is nil and that instead Obama is to blame entirely. I'd say the truth is that maybe half of the businesses/people arrested are paying a dear price for the scene--and the other half are paying a dear price for their own stupidity and greed.

You can believe what you want--but to my mind there is simply no way all of these people are innocent. It doesn't work that way. In realty I believe the number of guilty folks is probably closer to the 75% mark--but we will never hear about this, because to take responsibility would be committing judicial suicide. Sound familiar?

Doing something wrong saves your skin?

Sounds a bit like Obama--but in my opinion it's much worse. Lying and being deceitful is a much worse crime than skirting an issue so that you can keep a person from taking office who is a deceitful liar. I believe Obama will come out swinging on this issue during his last term if he is re-elected. There will be no more political suicide to worry about.

If it turns out that he really doesn't give a damn, and does nothing upon re-election--well I suppose I'll be eating my words.

Words I'm sure I won't eat, though, follow:

If Mitt Romney is elected--it will spell disaster for MMJ. I will be sure to remind you of this prediction and get all "na na na na boo boo" about it if he does. People are so assured that Obama is the worst thing since SPAM. I hope I don't get the opportunity to prove them wrong via Mitt Romney's idiocy.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Alright I know when I'm beat.

Yes--the president's hands are not tied.

He can totally do something which is completely counter-productive, would destroy our country and make thing 10x worse on this issue, and is a completely asinine idea considering the previous conditions.

Could you possibly be any more dramatic? I'm going to venture a guess - no one has ever gotten the last word with you.

Yes, you are right.

He is against MJ because he doesn't make it akin to heroin.

Hate to break it too you Mr. Sarcasm but heroin is schedule I already along w/ the devil's lettuce - aka "jazz cigarettes". So here you are wrong, AGAIN, regarding an easily discovered and basic fact. That's one reason this is so annoying.

Alright I know when I'm beat.
What you're doing is called playing semantics--and I'm game. While what you say is true--it does not in any universe represent an actual logical reason why the president is shitty and should be derided. Because I was too specific, I lose the debate--but it doesn't change that this is not a solution and he's done the best he can.

What you trying to do is wiggle out of your previous statements that you repeated several times because they've now been proven patently wrong. You issued your own challenge in your own words, very clearly and loudly, and at great length - like an arrogant blowhard. And now your just being a baby.

You're nothing but a cheerleader. He's done the best he can? Wigga please! You don't know the reason for his two-faced turnaround, whether they were empty promises from the start - lies to get elected, or some other reason. You're not in his head or his meetings. But we do know that he is 180 degrees opposite from the statements he made while running. What once was "I think that we need to rethink and decriminalize our marijuana laws." is now not an option.

I'll shut my yap as promised

Doubtful.

Now I'll make a prediction: You will break your promise.

--but you haven't won. You've done the same thing you claim I did and snuck your way out. I make valid points and you find a loop hole which still doesn't address the real issue at hand.

Because it's all about winning, right? No loophole, you're just full of it amigo. Your point AREN'T valid. IOW wrong.

Sounds like a republican to me.

This statement says a lot more about you than it does about me. Sour grapes. Very partisan, sour grapes.

It hasn't mattered from the start--you're so dead set on ousting the president that you're blind to the fact he's powerless and congress is what matters. I actually hope republicans win for the next 20 years, so they can drive the country into the ground and finally prove their worth.

Actually I'm confident he will win re-election easily, but now you've cemented your M.O as a cheap partisan hack, ready to defend anything Obama. It doesn't matter what you know or believe, you're going to play defense lawyer. And after all this there you go again w/ the powerless song & dance again? Haven't we just settled this? Why are you repeating this crap? You're quite the apologist, but fwiw, what is it that you think Congress, who has all the power according to you, would do to end prohibition? The latest bill put forth by Barney Frank and Ron Paul would have removed cannabis from the schedules entirely - the EXACT same thing that Obama could do at any time. But for some reason, if Honest Obe does it, the sky will turn black, the earth will open, and civilization will come to an end. Is that about right?

jyip

jyip

jyip said:
dude, its jus like the mafia, if you stand in the way, you dissappear or whatever , but people of powr easily roll over the unfortunates, and if they can't they buy someone who can, this is life, do not be fooled by it​
If you think that life is that simple than I would say you are the one being fooled....its not black or white.​
i'm not quite sure who is the naive one here, tho I doubt it is I

check out my last tray, too bad I'd do years over some simple victimless crime cuz it's not considered a medicine were I am yet, I really hope there are no politicians here cuz it is a weed forum, sway with them colas as one....730 grams dry 4x4 ebb n flo 40 gal rez 1k hps 9 strains, 21 plts in 1 gal pots w/hydrotn ncanna aqua nutes

tconch

tconch

Couldn't agree with you more--and in fact I'd hoped this would be the subtext underlying my argument.

I'm not saying he's blameless. He's bumbled, he definitely is playing it safe because its an election year, and even if you accept that not much good can be said for it. There's been other mistakes, but I argue that his heart is in the right place--that if he did have the power to just change the law, that he would.
he did have the power the first two years in office with both houses being democratic.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Jesus Jyip, Jesus. I must give you much props on that grow show, wow! I am digging the flush!

As for the political side of things, am I wrong or do we all at least agree that medical marijuana should be legalized? If so I wonder if people could start making arguments for how we get this started, from President Obama to congress, we can sit around and blame a lot of people but I wonder how we can progress from here. We have lots of bright minds on these forums, imagine if we worked together to at least achieve one common goal. Gotta wonder what might come of it.

sky high

sky high

It should definitely be legal for anyone over 18 who wants to grow it and smoke it...

But if we want that right "nationwide"on an INDIVIDUAL basis....I personally believe this whole "MMJ industry" needs to be squished and individual rights need to come to the forefront once again...just as it was before the Holder memo brought all the profiteers out of the woodwork and we started taking steps backwards in the overall public perception of what "medical marijuana" is.

I have nothing against sales. I have nothing against folks getting high recreationally. What I am against is watching the Gov't take a cut of this pie IN ANY FORM.

Folks need to wake up. We had a great thing going behind the scenes with plenty of room for everyone to play....and then..for some stupid reason...the game changed from "Hide and Go Seek" (under the radar sales) to "Let's Hold a Parade" (retail/commerical production/sales and a tax-based model) with the GOVERNMENT as a new player in the mix. WTF?

Time for a new game before the rules change for everyone, IMO.

squiggly

squiggly

he did have the power the first two years in office with both houses being democratic.

Try until Ted Kennedy died (somewhere around 8 months after he took office, and not all off this time was in session)--once they lost the majority congress turned into a filibuster fest.

A HUGE misstep on Obama's part, in my opinion, was choosing to do health care first. He knew abortion would come in and that it would be hard from both sides of the aisle. Democrats also fucked up by not banding together more quickly. Obama should have tackled all of the issues he's looking at now first. Jobs, economy, education, infrastructure--and then went to healthcare.

He couldn't have predicted the passing of Kennedy to the day, and hindsight is perfect--but this has been one of my biggest criticisms of him upon entering office, and in the ensuing nightmare.

Filibusters_by_congress.jpg

Budzillah

Budzillah

Brainwashed sheeple! They are all in it together. The left wing and the right wing are all part of the same bird. Ron Paul is a there to pacify the others. They are controlled by the bankers. Andrew Jackson and others warned us many years ago what the bankers are all about. The answer to this is 1776! Quit being divided and conqured.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Brainwashed sheeple! They are all in it together. The left wing and the right wing are all part of the same bird. Ron Paul is a there to pacify the others. They are controlled by the bankers. Andrew Jackson and others warned us many years ago what the bankers are all about. The answer to this is 1776! Quit being divided and conqured.

Preach it from the roof tops brother!!

Sheeple 1b

soserthc1

soserthc1

wow someone once told me to never discuss religion or politic's with anyone as the conversation could last for hours - i have read this thread half way thru and my eyes hurt and i believe i will go smoke now and go to bed and pick this back up tomorrow - first i will need a dictionary to figure out some of the words lol........ nite all .......soser out...................

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Can I bitch about something too?

I am in Cali, and this is somewhat old news... BUT...

Why the fuck did they change "welfare" to "Cal fresh", and then provide radio spots telling people to apply even if they thought they didn't qualify because they made enough money?

That shit makes me FURIOUS.

Call it welfare. That's what it is. Makes you want to find a job and get off of it because there is a stigma attached. Cal FRESH? Fuck you.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
On the Obama tip:

Most politicians will say anything to get elected, and re-elected. It's a game. Look at Obamas stance on gay marriage now. He is trying to get votes from all sides, but you can't please the devil and God at the same time.

What a shit show.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Politics is a shit show. Unfortunately it does boil down to the lesser of two evils. Is there anyone out there that thinks that Mitt Romney will be better for mmj, civil rights, the poor, healthcare? I guess that is the game, I did not make the rules nor like them but, it all boils down between 1 choice of two people. I personally think that Obama will be better for all the aforementioned, but that does not mean I am advocating everything he does, did, or will do. Just that he is much better than Mitt Romney, and although it sucks that is where our options are for president. Cap if you are in Cali, I would love to try some of those bennies that everyone is hyping......PLEASE!

squiggly

squiggly

Can I bitch about something too?

I am in Cali, and this is somewhat old news... BUT...

Why the fuck did they change "welfare" to "Cal fresh", and then provide radio spots telling people to apply even if they thought they didn't qualify because they made enough money?

That shit makes me FURIOUS.

Call it welfare. That's what it is. Makes you want to find a job and get off of it because there is a stigma attached. Cal FRESH? Fuck you.

Yes welfare is bad--but appropriations for it are what they are for the most part. Most of what doesn't get paid out ends up earmarked. If it worked on a rollover system I might agree.

Dollars that end up in citizen's hands (especially poor ones) do more for the economy than some senator's pet project.

It makes me furious that they don't reform the shit out of who can get welfare and how (and also what sacrifices they should have to make in terms of luxury that they often don't)--but I actually understand the reasoning behind this.

I don't know about the policy in Cali--but I'd only disagree with this if it didn't include some harsh reforms, the economics of it make perfect sense.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Politics is a shit show. Unfortunately it does boil down to the lesser of two evils. Is there anyone out there that thinks that Mitt Romney will be better for mmj, civil rights, the poor, healthcare? I guess that is the game, I did not make the rules nor like them but, it all boils down between 1 choice of two people. I personally think that Obama will be better for all the aforementioned, but that does not mean I am advocating everything he does, did, or will do. Just that he is much better than Mitt Romney, and although it sucks that is where our options are for president. Cap if you are in Cali, I would love to try some of those bennies that everyone is hyping......PLEASE!
PM me bro!!!

CanadaDank

CanadaDank

I'm not even American but I thought I thought it was common knowledge that the president was controlled by the bankers, pharmaceutical giants, etc., just like Budzillah said. Obama does have his hands full... his hands are in their pockets. As much as he may have wanted to make his ideas come to fruition (if he really did in the first place), there is no way he can. And there is almost no way that ANY president of the future can. Do you know how much it costs to run for office? A hell of a lot! Where do you think Obama got that money from? I'm guessing a lot more of it came from the super rich then the small donations from the middle class. The whole system is flawed. The role of president is to be a puppet that keeps the people in check. Its companies like Goldman Sachs that hold all the chips. If you want to make it into office, you have to play by their rules. If you want to stay in office, you have to play by their rules. The only end I can foresee is if some multi-billionaire come into office, paying with his own money, with an interest in the less fortunate in mind. But that probably won't ever happen because most multi-billionaires are greedy and have their own interested (and the interest of those in their tax bracket) most in mind. And plus, if it does happen, I'm sure that person will just get assassinated. It's all greed people. And its true, it doesn't matter if you're cheering for a republican or democrat, the same agenda is going to be played out. Just like it has been stated above, all the controversy simply clouds the issue.
As far as the legalization of cannabis goes, it won't happen. The greedy pharmaceutical giants want to control that market. Why do you think it is legal the take Marinol but illegal to smoke a joint?
It would seem to me that everything comes down to greed and power. The rich will continue to get richer and the poor will continue to get poorer.
As a side note, someone mentioned the Illuminati. I have no such evidence to support whether they are real or not but I wouldn't be surprised it was real. It even makes sense. Like some sort of group that is pulling the strings of the nation (and therefore the world [due to the US being the world superpower]). If you want to blame anyone, blame them!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
What a shit show.

LMAO! I love that...That's exactly what it is!

On the Obama tip:

Most politicians will say anything to get elected, and re-elected. It's a game. Look at Obamas stance on gay marriage now. He is trying to get votes from all sides, but you can't please the devil and God at the same time.

Obama lying

Latest posts

Top Bottom