Old Fart Jumping Into The Water

• Thread starter billybud 2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fatawa

fatawa

I am in Europe, and pay my electric bill. The electric company has what I call a growers plan. From 10pm till 12am is half price. Now you know my light cycles and when I do laundry :)
ive heard its super high...where im at a 1000w costs bout $10 month to run..so i run 8 of them.lmao.cheeper here at night too.i got almost same schedule.ha

Dan789

Dan789

Wow!, that could cause anyone to end up with a big bill. What's the cost of solar PV there? Here in California we're at $.19/kWh and that's bad enough.

BarnaGoat

BarnaGoat

The electric company owns right to the sun here. Solar is illegal without selling it to them first.

fatawa

fatawa

Thats crazy..i own a motorcycle shop so thats how i explain the bills.after pumps,fans, etc...my bill is well over $300 month.but i do wrk on bikes so so idk exactly what is what to split it up..

fatawa

fatawa

I kno where im at we dnt get crazy amounts of true sunny days..solar panels wouldnt pay of here so much.i do hav a friend who tries that(he does our hobby too)n he had it figured it saves him 14% a yr...but he has like 25k worth of solar panels...fuck that....

fatawa

fatawa

O shud say this old fart..u said u got a hps u had for a long time.i can only assume its a magnetic ballast which is old skool n drawls more power.i run electronic ballasts which converts 240 to 110v so thats y its so cheap(wires come with wen u purchase)..theres pros n cons to both..u can repair yurs,i cant,yurs drawls more power then mine..honestly with the small space u hav led/cob mayb the way just cause of heat tho..cuz a 250w wud heat that rm up n then u hav to cool obviously(or leave door open of closet)...but for sure u get more product from hid...to replace one of my 1000w(which is $180 brand new)it wud cost me at least $1k in a new led panel..period.a lil $200 led panel aint gonna b shit if you even have moderate expectations....let alone shooting for stars..so if u c a panel less than $750 it aint shit.

Homesteader

Homesteader

The electric company owns right to the sun here. Solar is illegal without selling it to them first.

Depends where you are (LA being one) but no, its not illegal to be off the grid. It is illegal to camp on your own land for more than two weeks at a time without county approval almost everywhere though which they apparently seldom given....

fatawa

fatawa

20170323 152155
@ barnagoat if u wanna do a pepsi challenge n here im game.lmfao..we both send sample to the old fart......c whats what...lol.heres strawberry cough(under 1000w hps) now its dry..n u send yur sugariest stuff...lol.???

fatawa

fatawa

20170323 153533
I got a ww ol skool strain(15yrs old) that destroys this but its not ready...last time i used her,literaly left white film n bag cause of residue from trichs...this is her n veg.n thats 1000w hps residue......lmfao.jk man i like to bust balls so def not personal.

BarnaGoat

BarnaGoat

Depends where you are (LA being one) but no, its not illegal to be off the grid. It is illegal to camp on your own land for more than two weeks at a time without county approval almost everywhere though which they apparently seldom given....

The Empire of Spain

BarnaGoat

BarnaGoat

View attachment 682651 @ barnagoat if u wanna do a pepsi challenge n here im game.lmfao..we both send sample to the old fart......c whats what...lol.heres strawberry cough(under 1000w hps) now its dry..n u send
View attachment 682651 @ barnagoat if u wanna do a pepsi challenge n here im game.lmfao..we both send sample to the old fart......c whats what...lol.heres strawberry cough(under 1000w hps) now its dry..n u send yur sugariest stuff...lol.???

As earlier said unless you have a grand to spend LED isn't for you. Best run to the hydro store and get a 250w setup for $50.

Goji OG under 650 watts

IMG 6272
fatawa

fatawa

Pm me if yur game ol fart...never heard of 250w for $50?but mayb they r where u r.

Homesteader

Homesteader

You should all learn how to DIY LEDs. The market is ridiculous for subpar equipment but you can build one yourself for a quarter of the price. Cobkits.com, cutter electronics, Northern grow lights, etc, Mouser, Digikey, .

B

billybud 2

O shud say this old fart..u said u got a hps u had for a long time.i can only assume its a magnetic ballast which is old skool n drawls more power.i run electronic ballasts which converts 240 to 110v so thats y its so cheap(wires come with wen u purchase)..theres pros n cons to both..u can repair yurs,i cant,yurs drawls more power then mine..honestly with the small space u hav led/cob mayb the way just cause of heat tho..cuz a 250w wud heat that rm up n then u hav to cool obviously(or leave door open of closet)...but for sure u get more product from hid...to replace one of my 1000w(which is $180 brand new)it wud cost me at least $1k in a new led panel..period.a lil $200 led panel aint gonna b shit if you even have moderate expectations....let alone shooting for stars..so if u c a panel less than $750 it aint shit.

I have a number of closets in this old house. one is about 2' x 2'. thinking of using it the 1st time w/ couple plants. my ledlight is one of those roleadro things--400w--188w actual. cheap Chinese stuff--but like the looks of it. probably going to buy another--give me about 360w. see how it goes. save my old hps for future playing around. KISS first time. thanks for help.

B

billybud 2

You should all learn how to DIY LEDs. The market is ridiculous for subpar equipment but you can build one yourself for a quarter of the price. Cobkits.com, cutter electronics, Northern grow lights, etc, Mouser, Digikey, .

I like the idea. right now i'm too lazy and stupid. my cheap ass roleadro cobs will have to do for now---but they won't last forever. I've read a bit--and some day may look into replacing leds in unit. I've noted viro29 and cluo48 1212 as possible cheap replacements---but i'm generally pretty clueless though.

B

billybud 2

I take my queues from traditional farmers (like my uncle in Idaho) that use their natural resourcefulness and cunning to do awesome things with as little cash as possible. It really is the mark of a great farmer - the guys that throw money at their problems without having anticipated the possibility and having done something before... it becomes the fodder of my afternoon laughter at times.

Ya don't need all that. There are folks here that can help with tested ideas they share. Autos are great to get started and for a bunch of other reasons. Best of luck to you!

besides being tight by nature--makes sense to not just buy stuff until need is proven. yea--I started this with the idea of just having a little pot around--I like it. autos seemed like a good idea as to not get too big for my britches. I like good pot as much as the next guy---but I don't really need super dummy dope or vast quantities ...... i'm really looking forward to this little venture.

JakeyBakey

JakeyBakey

Hello Old fart,
Yikes! you were only introducing yourself and got some HPS blah spat all over you.
Good luck with your LED grow or whatever your choose, Autos are fun. What I found is dont transplant them, start them in the final container like 3 gallon. Ive had autoflowers start to flower on me at day 11 because the roots hit the sides of the container.
I started the same way and had good fun and got great meds
Best of luck billyb

Top Bottom