open a dispensary and grow op

• Thread starter rmhigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rmhigh

HI I am looking for support to open a dispensary in colorado and also a grow op I need investors and some support.

sky high

sky high

I'd wait a month before investing much cash 'cus I believe the State is gonna shut this down/severely limit all of this in some way, shape, or form come Dec. 16th. They definitely aren't gonna leave this free-for-all in place.

In the meantime you're gonna need to line up some patients/cards in case the rules on "caregivership" remain the same.

I'm also 99.9% sure that you'll need to become a legal patient because you can't sell to another patient under our Amendment unless you are legal yourself.

I'd also check out HOW MANY dispensaries are already here as well as how many towns/counties are starting to severely regulate them. We have a STATE law here but any town or county in Colorado can legislate/zone these businesses out of their county if they are set up under "Home rule" laws or have enough support from their constituents.

good luck

s h

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I would advise you start growing legally here in the state of Colorado for yourself and maybe a patient first and then look at despensaries as a market. Sounds like you don't even grow now since your lookin to setup a grow op also...why would someone invest in a grow op to supply med grade marijuana to despensaries, with someone who doesn't grow? am I missing something? do you grow? can you grow? is it good? what strains? what style?

When I read about people looking for investors I know immediately that they don't have a clue about any of this really, especially about growing. Let me guess, everyone has to sign a confidentiality agreement...lol. If you don't have the money to do what you want yourself then you have no business doin any of this. Investors...you guys crack me up...if you want to get in this game and can't even afford your initial grow setup to fill a basement or a couple of rooms in your house who would want to be in business with your ass anyways because obviosly your not a grower and thats what your supposed to bring to the table right, you are beggin for the money after all.

If you are looking to supply to a despensary, grow some meds and go sell it to a despensary, see if your product is even in demand first before even considering rampin up to any kind of size, at this stage, they will probably send you away anyways. With all the city ordinances fixing to really lock down on growers and despensaries your really goin to be fighting uphill battle to stack patients, then grow, and then get the price you want to make it worthwhile as well as compete.

This place state is very rapidly becoming despensary sytem fed by an army of $3000/lb contract growers that are supplying most of despensaries now with decent cheap product. You can still get top dollar but your goin to have to have an existing relationship with a despensary at that price or you don't have a chance anymore. My guess is that most of the talented growers are about to get out of the despensary supply business all together and go back to the streets..where the money flows, no hassles, and the people don't bitch.

If you start seeing the decline in quality at the despensaries it is because they are way more concerned about margins over the quality of medicine they secure for their patients...Just think what you get on the street for $100-$150 an oz..mexi brick or total crap, well thats what the despensary guys are doing. They buy total crap for no money and charge as if it was dank fom Jah himself. The system for patients is really sorry, if you don't know someone that grows are gets the dank, your screwed.

If you don't grow, don't to Colorado to learn with the intent supply despensaries, you still have a few years of honing your craft before you will even remotely hang with the ones that are doin it strong for years now supplying med grade product.

The one thing everyone should really be watching is the limit that is about to be put on all grow ops in the state of only allowing the patient and his or her caregiver to have plants under the roof and probably a maximum patient count per operation, my guess is three to four patients max per residential home, similar to other states. They are goin to treat the big grow ops like the same commercial venture as the despensary, because after all if your on contract and those are not really your plants, you are tending them for the despensary and thier patients. So what they will say is that is just an extension of the despensary and apply despensary rules to it...like your not able to do it within 100ft of another residence and 500ft from a school or church, this is goin to happen people just watch, these are already proposed and goin into effect in some towns and i am sure it will go to a county level real soon.. i believe they will religate large commercial grow ops to light industrial, industrial, or ag zoned land areas and not allow anything other than personal use or possibley one other patient but thats it in residential areas.

Things are a changin quickly around here and to certain extent if your not already here doin it, there is no need to come here and try come here to make your fortune, especially if your not a experienced grower already.

Maybe I have been upfair, post up some pics of what your doing now, your current grow op, hell you may be another Jorge Cervantes out there doin your thing.

Tex

sky high

sky high

you tell it LIKE IT IS, TK. Much respect!

you pegged it. word I'm hearing is that my county is looking at regs that will severely limit "home based businesses"...aka Caregivers...prohibiting such ops in residential areas and near schools/etc.

In cities and towns where they can DO AS THEY PLEASE, regs like this can nixx all MMJ ops in a hurry.

I personally think it's time to reel it in. Its obvious that folks CAN'T AND WON'T regulate themselves and keep things under a ROAR... so now we'll get the backlash and the good gig we HAD (no limits and no heat) will soon disappear.

time to pull the Welcome mat. Fuckin' clowns.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
It's been a good year though:cool0041:

I can see them including "mixed use" or "multizoned" residential in the restrictions as well. One of the problems up here is that there are 100 plant flower ops runnin in regular old neiborhoods with no regard for smell, trash, or hours kept. This has caused a huge backlash by the residents and community officials. Even if they are for medical marijuana, they are not for a commercial grow op settin up right next door to their Grandmother's house.

Think of some of the silly county restrictions in Cali and I think you'll see the potoential of local government. Some counties it is 100sq.ft. canopy total, some it is no more than 1500w indoors, some are 76 plants, I mean they are all over the place and when you do not make a state wide policy, every municipality is free to set up and do what ever they want to generate revenue and regulate commerce in the community and really, they can do whatever they want and you can not do or say anything about it except pay the fees, get the permits, and play their game. And if your goin to try and convince me that the people in the community are for big grow ops in their nieborhoods, think again, even if they are a poster child stoner baby boomer and a half with their own personal grow goin downstairs, they are goin to vote against it, I promise you..

I would say if you want to be proactive, get out of the city, grow no more than three to four patients meds, other than yourself under one roof because that is probably where it is headed and maybe even more restrictive than that.

Like Monkey Bone said, these guys/attorneys that actually wrote the law are the same ones makin a fortune off of defending the victims legally caught up in the ambiguity of the law and all of these disjointed rules and regulations could have been easily resolved prior to the ammendment being ititaited....but their lawyers, there is no money in clarity..

Tex

sky high

sky high

2 of the 4-5 major "towns" here have already adopted regs that say that dispensaries are AOK....um...as long as the operators of said businesses are in compliance with all local, county, State and FEDERAL laws.

in other words, "move along...there's nothing for you to see here..."

I think we're different than Cali cus we DO have a state policy. the counties can regulate through zoning but are bound by Amendment 20 MMJ limits and (IMO) have no right to bump counts/etc. like Cali counties do. (even the State may have a hard time cus it's a part of the Amendment)

s h

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Colorado Springs pulled that Federal law crap on business licenses here in Colorado Springs, after they already issued about 20 business licenses for dispensaries. Supposedly those licenses will be "grandfathered" in to the new regulations coming out in January, but the state regs may limit everything anyhow. It's a tricky business, to say the least. Sadly, it's what I know. It's been nice to be up front about everything and not worry too much about legal problems. When it all goes down, I'm moving to Montana...lol

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Here is how the current despensary model operates today in most places that have been open for a week or so...

A grower comes in with samples of his work, usually gram baggies with a flavor in each. They usually leave it because the owner will not take to much time for the line of new growers that come through the door every single day.

Usually most of the growers are there because they want the quick easy out for their product and/or they are trying to figure out someway to get some patients to cover their numbers because they are way over and scared of gettin popped, all the wrong reason IMO.

If your decent or even halfway decent, they will offer you an opprotunity to be an inhouse/contract/project grower for that despensary.....what an ego boost eh..and they do it first thing before you go roamin around to other outlets to get you locked in.

They will give you a contract to grow, and give you 1-5 patients slips to cover your numbers in exchange for a fixed price for your finished product, usually $3000-$3300/lb,

They usually expect 1lb per patient slip per cycle, so you basically have to pull 1lb per three plants in flower or 1lb per 1k light, its about the same.

You are on contract with them, the slips you get will not have your name on them, nowhere will you legally be protected other than by the contract agreement you have with the despensary, which according to the states own website, they are not regulated, governed, recognized, nor controlled, so your agreement is worthless IMO. You will have a pile of plants, a bunch of cards with the despensary owners name on them and the patients name on them...you are not even legally in the mix according to the state. hey but at least you can tell them you are a sub contractor, on paper/contract with a federally illegal business, I am sure that will fly in court..

Most new young growers jump on the deal and take the $3000/lb and go out in the parkin lot and jerk off before they speed home to tell everybody they know what they are doin and how much money they are goin to make and start lookin at new rice rockets and sports cars on the internet. I know $3000 is more than some of them have had in their hand at one time but DAMN, you guys are draggin the whole price structure down with you the whole while we are trying to push it up. Honestly, I see more growers volunteering to drop thier pants and take less money just because they don't have any nuts, don't have any confidence in their product, don't know anybody to sell to, already picked out the new car and committed so they got to have the money, rents due...any or all could be true but for whatever reasom people are not commanding nor demanding what i consider a fair price for what we do. i can't really blame the despensary owners, If I could get you to take no money for your killer product, I am goin to do it all day long but you can say no or even fuck off!! not thank you sir may I have another...

So now your under contract to produce med grade marijuana for some guy at a rate of $750/qp, before taxes mind you because you are a contract grower you are goin to be getting a 1099-misc statement from the despensary. You are actually being paid to grow and you are not being paid for your product, 1099's are for services rendered or work performed in excess of $600.00, so that is how they set it up. So now your badass $750 a QP is approx $540/qp or $135/oz or $2,160/lb after you take care of your own taxes at the end of the year. After doin this alot of years, you have to get your unit cost per once down there pretty low to make money at $135/oz, I mean you still have rent, electric, nutes, genetics, hassle, every month, hell you may want to eat or even have a beer also..how many onces do you have to knock out to survive at those prices? a few pounds a cyle bare minimum or you need to keep you day job for sure..and you might just go backwards..and that is dry wieght gang, ready to go to market..not as easy as you think

No matter what the despensary owner pays the minimum they are going to sell anything of quality $35-$45/eighth and in most cases much higher. Don't anyone think that the despensary owners savy way of inslaving up and coming growers for no money gets passed on to the patients because it doesn't.

Edibles are just about to be regulated to the hilt by municipalities, they are goin to get the health department in the mix, inspectors, inspcect certified kitchens, require proper packaging and accuarte labelling as well as specific titrades or dosage of the cannabis product certified and on the label with ingredience on there also, not brownie mix and ganja, i think they want a little more detail than that...lol Probably most of the employees are goin to have to have food handling certificates or even more because they physically handle the meds or medical grade products that are being distributed directly to patients.

Alcohol suspended tinctures and oils are goin to be subject to an alcohol excise tax, especially if prepared with grain alcohol or some other spirit..get ready

So that is pretty much the current state of despensary activity in effect in Colorado

Back to the streets....

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I hear Montana is nice also......lol

Tex

sky high

sky high

"gonna be a dental floss tycoon..."

I don't wanna say "Don't let the door hit ya in th...", but it goes without saying (and this is the State's intent) that the upcoming changes will certainly "weed' out those who are in it/who are in our State solely to make a buck off of others....because no matter what happens the average patient (average BEFORE July 20) will still be able to sell >>>small<<< amounts to other patients....some of whom will certainly own dispensaries.

Nothin's gonna change around here. I don't do the dispensary thing and I don't see the low-level grower/patient being affected by any changes. (other than having a better market because the large grows are gone) We'll still have @ least 3/3 (6/6 here as the wife and I are both patients) and I can work with that.

"better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick" as my father-in-law would say

happy trails....

s h

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
It really has no effect on me either because as much as you see me do, I still am well within my numbers...so it's all good..

Being new to the state despensaries were a nessecary evil for me but now that I know people and patients directly, the need to do some dirty dancin with these despensaries has faded away pretty much..

Tex

sky high

sky high

"Reach out...reach out and touch someone
reach out, reach out and just stay High...."

C

concretedawg

tk thanks for always posting on here you seem smart as fuk and cool as fuk , thanks again for doing your thing !!!!!!!!!! wish i was on your team!!! lol...

H

HIBUSHDOCTA

a Texas Kid, i was wondering how i could run a establishment in Hawaii that caters to medical marijuana patients. we are not allowed to have despensary's yet, but i figure a sports bar without alcohol, that doesn't sell medical marijuana, but allows patients to bring their own legal amount of medical marijuana, should be legal. i just want to start a business that people in joy. please Texas Kid give me some advice.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
a Texas Kid, i was wondering how i could run a establishment in Hawaii that caters to medical marijuana patients. we are not allowed to have despensary's yet, but i figure a sports bar without alcohol, that doesn't sell medical marijuana, but allows patients to bring their own legal amount of medical marijuana, should be legal. i just want to start a business that people in joy. please Texas Kid give me some advice.

There are despnsaries in Hawaii already and full tilt, at least when I was in the mix over there. There were a few on Maui when i was over there awhile back, Roger Christie and Brian Murphy set a few that I know of, I was goin to do some work for them back in the day...Lahaina has one, Paia, Haiku, and that was a few years back so i am sure they are still rockin. Call Roger, he is super cool and easy to find over there he can get ya on the right track..

Tex

H

HIBUSHDOCTA

the one that i know of in maui was supposedly raided,and Roger Christie's shop doesn't have the quality medicine like Cali. i actually was going to give Roger a holler on this subject. thanks Tex.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
the one that i know of in maui was supposedly raided,and Roger Christie's shop doesn't have the quality medicine like Cali. i actually was going to give Roger a holler on this subject. thanks Tex.

I actually got along better with Brian, he is super cool.. i know the one in Paia was right in the middle of "Batu" land and they had a ton of security issues.. I had heard that the little cafe in town, Charlies Place, i think was goin to be a hang out, I know Don Nelson, the ex coach of the Dallas Mavericks hands out there or owns it now and Willie Nelson still has his place in Sprecklesville over there and back a few years back there was rumor that he was goin to do somethnig over there as well..

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Cannamed is still selling patients .....10 pateints for $3000-$3500 bucks.

Tex

Latest posts

Top Bottom