origins of socal master kush?

• Thread starter slausongardens
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
slausongardens

slausongardens

im talking about raskals socal master, im assuming thats the real one, right?

is it a pheno of the master kush that was selected in LA?? like from nirvana and the other old dutch companies that have had master kush for years now or was it bred completely differently in LA??

just curious, im interested in it and if it has any similarities with the regular master kush

any info would be cool

M

moonie

real Master is Hindu x Hindu, not Socal Master which is Hindu x Skunk#1,

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Hindu x Hindu is Hindu Kush, Master Kush has always had the Skunk#1 in it that is what made it from the get as far as I know.

If run a few Dutch Passion Master kush plants and there are alot of badass plants in there, it more like a killer lemon Mazar, super hard nugs, huge yields, and easy to manage

Tex

Jimmynitz

Jimmynitz

Pisces Genetics
I'm pretty sure I read that the seedline MK is a cross of two hindu kush's, unless it's from nirvana...that's master kush x skunk#1.

No way there is any skunk in the Socal MK. Straight up pureblooded indica. It seems like Socal MK, Pure/Puss/LA Kush, and Bubba Kush are all either sisters, or S1's of one of those.--like how there is a million OGK's...S1's.
Plus if you breed with those kushes from Cali you see how dominate they are in the offspring....VERY kush dominate and no skunk phenotypes at all.

The closest thing to the Cali-Kushes in seed-form that I have seen as far as looks bud structure and smell/taste is Deep Chunk.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
The Deep Chunk we had was way more like an old school black affy than anything else, I think it was on like the 15th node and was still only 8" tall not lemony really, more dank sweet liqurish like but a real pain in the ass to get anything out of her, she did good in a few crosses but no real crazy standouts.

The DP Master Kush from seed usually finishes, at least for me, with a real lemon fuel, hard as rocks kush nugs, real kushy plant structure almost like a little less potent Larry OG in look and smell but with better nugs, finishes under three feet with decent yield

Any pics of the Soco MK?

Tex

S

SLO Grown

"origins of socal master kush?"

The marijuana seeds originated from the mountainous areas of Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran and Hindu Kush valley. Kush cannabis seeds were collected and brought to America and Amsterdam during the '70s and '80s. Take a trip and get your own strain. The kush strains that are in the US are hybrids. Nothing like the original! Trust me!

S

Shady Acres

LOL no thanks slo grown, i'll buy American, thanks though

slausongardens

slausongardens

i wish i could peacefully go to that area and collect some genetics, maybe one day.

but i know the origins of master kush, im just curious if the socal master kush that ograskal has and goes around LA is any different from the original master... or if its just a good pheno?

from what yall are saying i take it that the socal master kush is the exact same thing as the dutch master kush from nirvana and those other seed banks that have it.

i always thought it was a clone only that must have been a pheno that raskal found cuz its way better then the master kushes in amsterdam.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

The so cal master is straight related to the Bubba, but Master yields much better. I like both, but I favor the masters all day. And yeah the Master is a real kush, unlike og.

true grit

true grit

Yeah this was an argument/discussion that I remember Medic and few others had with OGR way back...that SoCal MK and Bubba are sisters of some sort and both S1's from something. I could def see the LA/Puss Kush being in that group too...except much closer to Bubba than the SCMK. Structure on scmk and bubba can be almost identical with teh scmk somewhere along the line getting that inscent/citral aroma added back to the situation.

To be honest, its funny how once you cross a heavy kush such as the White (which to me is more bland in flavor compared to either) to Bubba kush (bubba x white by OGR for example) you start getting different fruit smells with the bubba structure instead of the choco/earthiness of bubba. Now you run the White x SCMK from OGR and you just get SCMK on roids with almost identical smells to different levels. Just an observation.

true grit

true grit

Hmm, tbh i really dont see any Bubblegum in the Bubba. Thats a straight kush in cross, way too earthy/hashy to be anything fruity or structure like bubblegum. i think thats the dutch rumor and not close IMO. like Greenhouse trying to make it with such. To me its very much like Afpak which is afghan kush x paki kushes. very close in flavors and structure, yet i do think the afpak has a leg up on the Bubba. i could see that being involved in the whole fam tree. the only bubba story that sounds close to me is the one that involved an old world paki kush, cuz if you've smoked real afpak you see and taste it in the buds but afpak is way hashier and on roids like scmk.

And on that lines there may be some MK of some sort in the mix but i havent seen any dutch MK's look near as close to bubba, puss, afpak, scmk which are all right there in structure but vary in flavor. just my opinion but i still think there was some s1'ing or mixing going on back when.

slausongardens

slausongardens

ya theres no way in hell bubba kush has bubble gum in it.. pretty sure people justassumed it did cuz the word bubba. but theres is no similarity at all. bubba is a straight kush

now sour bubble on the other hand is similar to bubba kush and bubble gum.. wonder what that one consists of.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

yeah I agree no bubblegum in that bubba, straight 100% Indica. The afpak is real nice too, I thought that it was near identical to the socal masters though. They all look like the same family. I do not believe the dutch had anything to do with this kush find, it just came from somewhere else.

IrishMediFarmer

IrishMediFarmer

I have got Bodhi's Greed'os Stash (So Cal Master x Snow Lotus) & Bodhi's Jabba's Stash(Bubba Kush x Snow Lotus) & Lando's Stash (Pure Kush (Suge Cut)x Snow Lotus) Bodhi says that the Bubba & Master & Pure Kush are al probably all close relatives.which means the crap they say is Mater Kush in Europe is in fact Somthing different...peace out
IMF.

BUBBAKUSHKID

BUBBAKUSHKID

good topic.......back in the day...some people had buba & some had master... i always thaught they were the same, just grown different ... but theyre 2 different clones...
when the bubakush s1s were for auction on cbay over 10 years ago, they were very consistent.almost every bean was pure buba pheno.. also.....there was the buba s1s we made for seeds direct.
...so lots of people got beans....
or how bout master buba..?. im blooming p.o.# 7(xxx) rite now, &i must say it really reminds me of an old buba pheno i had & lost....
.we grew out 25 pax of master kush ,&about 20 pax of hindu from S.S. & the results were not very good..very inconsistent,...not very ''kusy'' imvho..
the black dominia was the best strain in that run.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom