Packaging Pounds?

• Thread starter OrganicPro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

OrganicPro

Hey what’s up farmers just wondering how you guys have had the best luck with packaging and concealing pounds? Large quantities specifically

O

OldBloke

Hey what’s up farmers just wondering how you guys have had the best luck with packaging and concealing pounds? Large quantities specifically

I dry and cure my material to the finished stage. I like at least two months cure. Then I put the material and a controlled humidity bag like the Bodega packs into a food grade vacuum bag and seal it with a heat sealer. At this stage the bags are not vacuumed but I squeeze most of the air out before sealing. If you vacuum at this stage you will end up with a brick,it will store ok but it is no good for smoking it literally can end up as hard as a brick. Once the bag is sealed airtight I put that bag into a larger food grade vacuum bag and vacuum seal that second bag. In practice I tend to have several smaller bags that are labeled and dated that go into the bigger bag. From that point the bags go into waterproof plastic tubs with lids and get buried.

This works for me though I don't keep smoke stored longer than two years. It always comes out good at this point, very mellow with the flavour and perfume well developed. I think it is important to have your weed properly dried and cured before you store it no matter how you store it. Make sure there is no ammonia type smell to the material before any long term storage.
I grow organically in soil and I am very particular about contaminants so I don't spray and if any plant has bugs or mould it will go into a vinegar wash for a couple of days before drying and then it gets used to make oil.
And that is a point to consider, concentrates are easy to store in the freezer and refrigerator.
Best of luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom