Perpetual Harvest Advice

• Thread starter bigjay420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigjay420

bigjay420

Hello farmers. I recently bought another light setup and made myself a veg chamber. I'm wanting a perpetual harvest, so I'm looking for tips on rotations and anything else linked to the subject. Do's and don'ts... That sort of thing. I'd like to keep numbers under 10, as my states penalties double after that. Any advice? I grow organic in super soil.

Cheers from the South!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Your half way there if your growing organic. I would plan on not veg`n for to long. Yes longer the veg the more nodes so yes it increases yield, but if you want cost effective yield run smaller plants in flower and be ready for the next batch soon as they finish up. Power to run the extra lights in veg will increase the cost per oz of yield. One other thing you could do is run enough in veg to be able to convert both rooms to flower and use a flipper to get 12 hours in each room one off and one on at a time. That way your not using all that much power at once . When you are in veg mode you can hang the plants in the other room to dry. This will save space and allow for efficient use of the electricity used. If you want to keep under 10 plants you may want to go ahead and veg for a longer amount of time and have bigger plants to get the yield up however. Make sure you allow for ample root space and use large soil containers. well built new 55 gal trash cans work good and you can use rollers under them to save on your back as well as to rotate the plants to get even growth. This does nothing for yield but does keep the plants from growing towards the lights and toppling over on you. I might have other sugjestions but it would ne nice if you could post up some pictures of what you got going on now.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...i used to run a high-density micro-SOG with 55 plants total where i harvied 10 plants every 2 weeks and i'm here to tell you that those kind of numbers are very labor intensive.

...now i run 8 plants in a 4 x 4 Secret Jardin around a single barebulb 600HPS in coco hempy's where i pull 8 plants every 8 or 9 weeks, ...the key is to be sure you have plants ready to flip the day after you harvest.

...i routinely pull between 12 and 15 zipz per cycle with very minimal effort on my part, i'm a lazy phuck by nature so drudgery is not for me.

DSCN0404

DSCN0407

DSCN0408

peace, bozo

sixstring

sixstring

All you need is a decent 8 week strain,8 plants in flower and 2 or 3 plants in veg.a seed and a clone maybe.chop one plant a week and replace with vegger.so for starters you will need to put one plant in flower each week to get the ball rolling. Or put 1plant in flower every 2 weeks to have more veg options.tough to do with 10 plants but doable. Be nicer if ya ran with 12 or 14 plants.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

All you need is a decent 8 week strain,8 plants in flower and 2 or 3 plants in veg.a seed and a clone maybe.chop one plant a week and replace with vegger.so for starters you will need to put one plant in flower each week to get the ball rolling. Or put 1plant in flower every 2 weeks to have more veg options.tough to do with 10 plants but doable. Be nicer if ya ran with 12 or 14 plants.
...one of the biggest downsides to this in my way of thinking is that you will always be harvesting and dealing with the reek of the harvest, ...i'm a renter and i have a neigbhor so for me at least, one harvest every 2 months is far more stealthy.

...and perpetual just means never ending, so pulling 1 plant per week or 2 plants every 2 weeks or 4 plants every 4 weeks or 8 plants every 8 weeks, so long as you have plants ready to flip on the day of harvest the result is the same, a never ending sea of buds.

...personally, i prefer doing the harvest all at once every couple of months.

peace, bozo

sixstring

sixstring

yeah im not a renter and im in a med state so i dont give a rats ass what my neighbors think lol.but he said he wanted to stay under 10 plants and its tough so i just laid down a few examples.when you harvest all at once you also risk being popped with alot more weed.i harvest every 5-7 days with 12-14 flowering girls,but it keeps me and my patients in constant supply of weed without ever being too far over the weight limits.running any decent size grow is gunna create daily work unless you dropped a ton of cash to fully automate.i have my daily chores and on chop days its just a couple 3 or 4 extra hours and we r done,i would hate to sit and trim weed for days as i can barely stand a couple hours lol.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

yeah im not a renter and im in a med state so i dont give a rats ass what my neighbors think lol.but he said he wanted to stay under 10 plants and its tough so i just laid down a few examples.when you harvest all at once you also risk being popped with alot more weed.i harvest every 5-7 days with 12-14 flowering girls,but it keeps me and my patients in constant supply of weed without ever being too far over the weight limits.running any decent size grow is gunna create daily work unless you dropped a ton of cash to fully automate.i have my daily chores and on chop days its just a couple 3 or 4 extra hours and we r done,i would hate to sit and trim weed for days as i can barely stand a couple hours lol.
...for me it's as much about the labor as it is about my neigbhors in that with harvesting 8 plants every 8 weeks my labor is negligible until harvest, i hand water daily and that takes me about 10 minutes per day, then about every 5th day i tend to the veg side of things and this takes me about an hour to take everything out of the tent, water them and then return them to the tent.

...then at harvest time i have about 3 days of hard labor and about a week and a half of really smelly conditions, ...and then everything returns to normal for the next 6 or 7 weeks with 10 minutes per day hand watering the flowers, etc, etc, etc.

i've been doing it this way for a couple years now and i like it way better than my staggered harvest SOG that kept me busy pretty much every day.

peace, bozo

T

toquer

my only advice is to learn how long it takes you to veg your plants to the size that you need. that includes cloning time. if you don't have this down you'll either have plants that have vegged too long and force canopy height to vary. if you don't let them veg long enough, over time you will get smaller and smaller plants. i veg them as long as i flower them. 36 go in every other week the shop gets their delivery every other week and my daily chores are fairly constant. i've got just under 300 girls. so you can just make a mini operation of what i've got here. would be one girl going into flower every other week. I'll have to say it's a great learning experience to see plants 14 days apart for a 4 month cycle. If you grow the same strain then you'll really get the girl down. Is tough for the cloning aspect though. you have to be solid on when to take clones and then not even that many. do non-rooted cuttings count in your state/county? just a few of my thoughts.

bigjay420

bigjay420

Thanks for all the input guys. I only have 1 small half bath to keep the entire grow. The space is 9X5. I've set up a seedling incubator under the sink with 125w of flueros to keep heat down. I got panda film in today so I can section off the room. I plan on removing the sink fixtures and making that the veg area with the 400w. I have exhaust from the bathroom over flower. I have carbon filter and inline with ducting I haven't installed yet. Below are some pics of the way it is now with just the original grow area, which was just sectioned off with plastic before. I start panda film tonight.

0140501 000032 3
014043095223325 1
Top Bottom