Pests Ahhh

• Thread starter New2dagame
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
New2dagame

New2dagame

I got at least a spider in my Veg tent . Mayb other pest as well. Leaves are being eaten . Any advise on how to take care of . Can empty tent in clean it . Put leaves under scope and can't find anything alarming.
But need advise on cleaning plants of any possible pest . Will post pics shortly.

King Julien

King Julien

Well spiders won't eat leaves. If it's visible chunks taken out you may have an odd tomato horn worm lurking about waiting to strip a plant overnight once it gets big enough or some pest equally big. A couple of types of moths are known to nibble as well as their larval offspring. Small holes appearing in the middle of leaves is likely caused by aphids. Little white dots and wispy webbing is spider mites.

Pics required for further diagnosis.

If it is bugs then use neem oil. Azamax is a brand name neem oil spray that's organic certified. Kinda pricey by the ounce but you shouldn't have to use more than 15 bucks worth for a 4X8 foot area in a season.

Monster762

Monster762

Well spiders won't eat leaves. If it's visible chunks taken out you may have an odd tomato horn worm lurking about waiting to strip a plant overnight once it gets big enough or some pest equally big. A couple of types of moths are known to nibble as well as their larval offspring. Small holes appearing in the middle of leaves is likely caused by aphids. Little white dots and wispy webbing is spider mites.

Pics required for further diagnosis.

If it is bugs then use neem oil. Azamax is a brand name neem oil spray that's organic certified. Kinda pricey by the ounce but you shouldn't have to use more than 15 bucks worth for a 4X8 foot area in a season.
Garden safe pure neem oil extract also certified for organic and on the shelf no wait for it. . Available Walmart $12 for concentrate that will make 20 gallons useable strength neem spray. Obviously never hose down buds in mid to late flower with anything. Neem is good stuff. People like to go crazy n use all those million dollar non organic chemical treatments but neem if used right takes care of most if not all bugs. I've used it for root drench too and killed bugs under the soil. Plants show no negatives just perk back up n start growing right again. It's an oil so do not hose down when light will be magnified through it. Dark or before light with time to dry before light hits it

New2dagame

New2dagame

Thanks for taking the time to respond ! Only reason I mentioned a spider is because I found a web in the tent . Here's some pics . Please keep the info from past experiences coming . Happy Grow 420

IMG 8349
IMG 8350
IMG 8351
King Julien

King Julien

Hrm, that would be awfully odd damage for any bug I know of to leave. Most bugs that will eat a chunk out of a leaf like that are caterpillars and the like but they also tend to eat down the side of a leave blade over and over until your leaves are just stripped stems.

And while you really shouldn't ever spray down late flowering plants I have used neem oil spray less than a week before harvest and it wasn't noticeable in the final product and didn't cause me any problems but I had really good air flow so didn't have to worry about any bud rot and also washed my buds that grow after harvest so that probably took away any lingering residue that might have found it's way in there.

It's also certified safe for day of harvest use on produce and has been used in Ayurvedic medicine through India for centuries. Seems to be pretty safe stuff all in all. But on that note.....Go out of your way not to do that! Spider mites, or any pest, that far along will stunt growth and leave a bag full of bugs for bag appeal.

The one time I had to spray that late I had a horrible outbreak during a particularly bad heat wave. When I harvested the bugs were all dead but a random couple here and there but I had to burn the webs off in places on certain top colas they were so thick. Luckily I was the only one depending on that as medicine so I chocked it up as a lesson learned. On the upside it was still some really good weed.

New2dagame

New2dagame

Hrm, that would be awfully odd damage for any bug I know of to leave. Most bugs that will eat a chunk out of a leaf like that are caterpillars and the like but they also tend to eat down the side of a leave blade over and over until your leaves are just stripped stems.

And while you really shouldn't ever spray down late flowering plants I have used neem oil spray less than a week before harvest and it wasn't noticeable in the final product and didn't cause me any problems but I had really good air flow so didn't have to worry about any bud rot and also washed my buds that grow after harvest so that probably took away any lingering residue that might have found it's way in there.

It's also certified safe for day of harvest use on produce and has been used in Ayurvedic medicine through India for centuries. Seems to be pretty safe stuff all in all. But on that note.....Go out of your way not to do that! Spider mites, or any pest, that far along will stunt growth and leave a bag full of bugs for bag appeal.

The one time I had to spray that late I had a horrible outbreak during a particularly bad heat wave. When I harvested the bugs were all dead but a random couple here and there but I had to burn the webs off in places on certain top colas they were so thick. Luckily I was the only one depending on that as medicine so I chocked it up as a lesson learned. On the upside it was still some really good weed.
My guy at the hydro store says it's NOT pest ! Says it's stressed due to heat and from deficiency from not feeding nutes for a few weeks . Never heard of this but happy to hear ! Anyone seen this before ? What you'll think ?

King Julien

King Julien

Eh, I've never had that particular issue from doing such things and I have seriously abused some plants but that's not saying he's wrong.

I will mention that it looks a little bit like the end of your leaves are experiencing a bit of heat stress though. On second look it looks almost more like wind damage. If you've got low humidity and too much direct air flow constantly on a plant it can cause symptoms similar to heat stress. Drying of the edges of leaves, curling, browning and/or withering.

Have you got a pretty good lock down on your canopy temps?

New2dagame

New2dagame

So know I do . But for a few weeks it was way to hot in there . It was as high as 95 degrees . Also circulation was not the greatest. That has sence been fixed . Now temp in Veg tent is at 82 RH 62. So plan is to feed according to the botinacare chart and hope everything clears up . Also added sticky gnat trap to tent . 24 hours later, nothing on it.

Organikz

Organikz

Leaves that develop during heat and light stress never repair. Nothing to worry about. Your plants have many moons before flip. They will grow lots more leaves.

Top Bottom