PH raise in coco/runoff

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

I water with 5.8. Two nights ago i majorly flushed my plants (bringing runoff ppm from 1200-1300 to 400-600). I've fed them twice since, with 600 then 900 ppm (heavy dose of calmag in 2nd). Upon testing my runoff PH, it was all 6.2-6.4.

What could be causing this rise? Should I water with extra low PH (5.6) for a bit to help counter it?

I

ibTheMan

is the weed almost done? cause if your PPM was only 1300, thats good for a grow'n plant.
but yes if your PH is 6.5 you would want to take it down to 5.4 for you next watering to bring it to desired level.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
fyi, Runoff ph is not going to give you an accurate reading with coco.
ph rising is a good sign the plants are up taking nutrients.

To get an accurate reading of the ph of the coco.

Take some coco form the pot mix with distilled water. 1 part coco to 5 parts distiller water. Then check ph for an accurate reading.

Not a problem to run little lower ph at end of flower. Some people like to slowy drop down the ph, the closer you get to harvest.

Hope that helps.

cause if your PPM was only 1300, thats good for a grow'n plant.
if I am feeding at 600-900 ppm and my runoff is 1300 not ideal. That is telling me there is salts built up in the medium.

Have you checked the run off again after feeding with 600/900 ppm?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Leadsled, I can't hit you with mah rep again. So I will simply say--->THIS^^^.

Also will add, if it ain't broke don't fix it. You're not worried with run-off as much as you are with what's going in and what's remaining. Make certain you've got that 20%-30% and you'll (generally) be golden.

bloads

bloads

Thanks a ton for the info. I'm in late veg right now, got one sick plant I'm trying to bring around before I start flowering. I'm new to this + just trying to keep as many bases covered as I can find out about.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
welcome to the farm bloads - try uploading some pix of the sick gal for us to check out

bloads

bloads

welcome to the farm bloads - try uploading some pix of the sick gal for us to check out

I had it in a different thread somewhere on this site, but here' another http://img408.invalid.com/img408/3641/plantsicksmall.jpg

I was just taking a look at the plant + roots (looking for root aphids, some other post on here got me paranoid). What I did notice was two of my root tips (1/4 inch long), that are poking out of the side of my coco liners, are covered in what looks like some sort of white fuzzy mold

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I had it in a different thread somewhere on this site, but here' another http://img408.invalid.com/img408/3641/plantsicksmall.jpg

I was just taking a look at the plant + roots (looking for root aphids, some other post on here got me paranoid). What I did notice was two of my root tips (1/4 inch long), that are poking out of the side of my coco liners, are covered in what looks like some sort of white fuzzy mold

White and fuzzy is good sign!! that could be the mycorrhizae fungi.

fuzzy like this? (can zoom in to see)
roots6.jpg

S

swisscheese

If I had to guess it looks like too much water and not enough nitrogen.

bloads

bloads

thanks I spent all my rep as well! :)

White and fuzzy is good sign!! that could be the mycorrhizae fungi.

fuzzy like this? (can zoom in to see)
roots6.jpg

Yes! awesome

If I had to guess it looks like too much water and not enough nitrogen.

It definitely doesn't seem to dry out as fast as my other 3, wondering if i should somehow gently unpack the coco a little, maybe it's too dense

Top Bottom