Plant Curling

• Thread starter 416
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Hey fellow growers ran inro an issue. Noticed my plant is curling i watered it the solo cup feels sorta heavy, i did switch the light a couple days ago from a 13 watt blue cfl bulb to the viparspectra 450w and put it a bit over 30 inches away from the plant. Its in pro mix hp soil right now humidity stays at around 50-60% temps do get a little high sometimes to about 29 degrees celcius need to know whats going on could it be me switching the light or the watering? Anything else maybe?

Plant curling
Plant curling 2
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I’d put it back under the flourocent light for a couple weeks until it’s well established. It’s really too small to tell much of anything at this point. Just keep an eye on it and don’t overwater it. Let it grow.

I’d put it back under the flourocent light for a couple weeks until it’s well established. It’s really too small to tell much of anything at this point. Just keep an eye on it and don’t overwater it. Let it grow.
Ok i put it back under the cfl light not going to water it for a bit and when i do i wont water it too much i think i make have over done it i use a spray bottle and spray it about 5-7 times theres not much else i can think of other than the above that i mentioned its super strange but happened really fast

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah don’t worry. Don’t lose sleep. These plants start off small and slow. They pick up steam quickly. You’ll be fine :-)

Yeah don’t worry. Don’t lose sleep. These plants start off small and slow. They pick up steam quickly. You’ll be fine :)
Thanks so much i was looking at it and i got super worried thinking that what i did was wrong first grow ever this is the only one i have growing just want to see this grow and have a nice harvest

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks so much i was looking at it and i got super worried thinking that what i did was wrong first grow ever this is the only one i have growing just want to see this grow and have a nice harvest

For sure. It’s a natural reaction. Been there plenty of times. You’ll look back in two weeks and laugh.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
You came to the rite place! Welcome to, The Farm!! Try the search bar, lots of info!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Just make sure that you have enough drainage in the bottom of your cup otherwise you will rot the root off. Plants need Oxygen as well as water at their roots...not enough drainage ca cause problems. I usually water mine once a day, or put a small clear inverted plastic glass over the sprout if you feel the soil drys out too fas. They like the soil damp, but not soaked.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
It’s a bit too wet. I usually poke tons of holes into the solo cup using a soldering iron. And yes yes florescent lights up until. You see true 3 sets of leaves then you c can go into led with 30” above canopy. Also have a light breeze going across the babies

Top Bottom