Plant Moved Outdoors Degrading Rapidly?

• Thread starter dextr0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dextr0

dextr0

Anyone wanna take a stab at this one. I'm in soil(peat), nutrients consisted of some miracle grow bs...I took over care and have only fed ewc. I keep getting this...started on young leaves, progressed quickly to older leaves. At first I thought it was jus needing to get used to being outside (it was started inside under 400w). Also second pic (of plain leaf) is from last week. I thought it was PM so I hit with milk (9 to 1 mix). Any help is appreciated.

Plant moved outdoors degrading rapidly
Plant moved outdoors degrading rapidly 2
dextr0

dextr0

Yes Dr., It was fed with subpar nutrients. The little green sticks.And even though im not an advocate of MG, it was used. One time. Not by me.
Anyway, actually thinking of your very ambiguous reply. Are u saying its nutrient burn??

I forgot to mention yesterday that this plant is actually right next to a water hose. I water my peach tree alot to keep cool. The water is constantly keeping medium and plant wet. Im going to fix tht today. See how that works.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
It could be nute burn from the vegetable feterlizer or root problems can show up on the leaves like nute burn. It's best to let the soil dry some between waterings.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Yes Dr., It was fed with subpar nutrients. The little green sticks.And even though im not an advocate of MG, it was used. One time. Not by me.
Anyway, actually thinking of your very ambiguous reply. Are u saying its nutrient burn??

I forgot to mention yesterday that this plant is actually right next to a water hose. I water my peach tree alot to keep cool. The water is constantly keeping medium and plant wet. Im going to fix tht today. See how that works.
Cannabis needs to Dry between waterings or feeding.

Were you wattering with tap water?

Tap water is bad with clorine, dissolves salts and calcium.

dextr0

dextr0

I know it needs to dry between waterings. I had ppl trying to help...brainstorming their little minds away. The whole time figuring it needs more water cause the surface was dry (multiple days of hot dry weather). I explained that medium needs to dryout between waterings. I wont lie I myself have spritzed with waterhose a few times myself because of heat. Bad habbit.
I was really u til recently mostly feeding river water.
maybe tbe clorine

dextr0

dextr0

until*
I flushed soil with river water. Moved away from waterhose.
I will let dry mix in some Ewc tea and see how she fairs.Thanx all.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I know it needs to dry between waterings. I had ppl trying to help...brainstorming their little minds away. The whole time figuring it needs more water cause the surface was dry (multiple days of hot dry weather). I explained that medium needs to dryout between waterings. I wont lie I myself have spritzed with waterhose a few times myself because of heat. Bad habbit.
I was really u til recently mostly feeding river water.
maybe tbe clorine

Spritzing it with the water hose in the hot sun will burn your plant. Each water drop acts like a tiny magnifying glass amplifying the suns rays.
Poking your finger down into the soil near the plant will tell you if there is still moisture beneath the soil. In the hot sun a plant in the ground may need tens of gallons of water a day when it is big enough. Your plant will tell you when she is thirsty, the leaves stop pointing up and start to droop.

grayarea

grayarea

Any pics of what that looked like b4 you moved it outside? some strains are more sensitive to humidity and temp and light schedule changes. What brand of miracle grow soil did you use?

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Spritzing it with the water hose in the hot sun will burn your plant. Each water drop acts like a tiny magnifying glass amplifying the suns rays.
Poking your finger down into the soil near the plant will tell you if there is still moisture beneath the soil. In the hot sun a plant in the ground may need tens of gallons of water a day when it is big enough. Your plant will tell you when she is thirsty, the leaves stop pointing up and start to droop.
You're exactly right about every drop of water will will act as a magnifying glass
and burn the plant.

Always water in the evening or very early morning.

dextr0

dextr0

Dr. thank u with all your help. Two bears you too.

As far as watering...I just go by feel. A wet medium is way heavier than a dry medium. and of course i scratch under surface and check. But most of the time I jus go by weight.

Not to knock yall( after all im the
one asking for help) but im pretty sure the water on leafs burning plants is a myth. Im js. The reason i say sprotzing w waterhose is bad habbit is the clorine. In presence of ammonia this makes cloramine.

Last edited:
dextr0

dextr0

Grey, what up homie. I do have pics and will post shortly. I have a google phone( given to me) and man is this a pos. I cannot upload pics for shit, onto any site....:|

dextr0

dextr0

Also im thinking of changing to strait up RO water. Sucks that i have to pay for it but peace of mind is priceless. River water is great n all but its a dirty ass river. I havd no TDS meter and kind of wonder about what the hell im putting in this plant.
Grey; We have no idea what kind soil this is. Dude just used somr potting soil that he found laying round.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Dr. thank u with all your help. Two bears you too.

As far as watering...I just go by feel. A wet medium is way heavier than a dry medium. and of course i scratch under surface and check. But most of the time I jus go by weight.

Not to knock yall( after all im the
one asking for help) but im pretty sure the water on leafs burning plants is a myth. Im js. The reason i say sprotzing w waterhose is bad habbit is the clorine. In presence of ammonia this makes cloramine.

Get a 6 inch piece terracotta and stick it in the ground the color of terracotta will tell when the plant needs water.

dextr0

dextr0

Earliest pic I have. I had just started taking her outside. I talked to dude that started her he say she always had that yellowing and eventually dying of bottom leaves.

IMG 20160726 120443
dextr0

dextr0

This her today. I took some pics see if anyone can hip me to what this new shit popping up is. Very specific looking to me. Imma look more into it myself. But a quick diagnosis would always b welcome.

IMG 20160813 081125
IMG 20160813 081541
dextr0

dextr0

Ah ha beat yall to it...leaf miners. More info in a few.
Here's the lil fuckers mug shot.
He was sentenced to immediate death by squishing squad.

IMG 20160813 084131
Last edited:
Rcubed

Rcubed

I get those on my citrus trees all the time. I didn't know they bothered cannabis until yesterday. A new shoot on the Blue Mystic was all stuck together and sure enough there was the larvae. I couldn't squish it fast enough. I'm pretty sure the adult stage is a little evil white moth.

Dalai.Lama

Dalai.Lama

These go inside in the evening and outside during the day. Shade cloth($5-$11) at Wally World, will help greatly reduce that direct light and heat. This way you can still use your sprayer or mister to spray in day hours. Outdoor plants will have some leaves that die and turn colors towards the bottom of each plant. This is normal unless you have other leaf feedback and/or the plant is stunted/shocked. The droplets will burn dots into your leafs though, this is absolutely true and can be mitigated if you use shade cloth. Not saying to buy shade cloth and spray during daytime but if it's way hot and you don't wanna mix water and ph it then it's perfectly fine. Anytime you go from indoor to outdoor you have to watch your plants like hawks as any little thing can stress them or worse . Oh FYI, aside from pulling them all out daily, they are in my super cocoa mix and all I water weekly outside. I'm fortunate enough that my balcony is slightly covered. I live in the dessert so it's definitely different but some of the concepts should still apply.

IMG 6099
IMG 6100
IMG 6178
Top Bottom