Plant Sex Id Kit?

• Thread starter Burned Haze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Burned Haze

PLANT SEX ID KIT's? I love trying seeds but males really stomp my plant count when I take clones and have to grow original till sexing. I'm willing to pay a price for results so I can eliminate and replace em. If I could find all my males gurateed when I germinate 100 instead of 50 and then wait till flower I could and not ever worry about to many plant total.

My question about these " PLANT SEX ID KIT" :
1?: Safe to really ship cannabis leafs to other state or US TO Canada and not worry? ( I don't want feds on my ass for a sex test lol )
2?: The Test as Accurate as stated from these companies and labs?
3?: Anyone on here try them? Cause I cannot find shit on it or results and every lab that does this states they are the only one that can do it?
4?: I even saw a hermie test included with the sex test ( for more money obviously) , anyone use one or know anything about it?

B

Burned Haze

I would defiantly even pay for the tests if they showed hermit traits percentage(only) , Since I always seem to get a bad pack of genetics ( like 10-15%).... Those annoyances make it obvious why so many people think buying clones is only option ( when I have 20+ always stable list and 5-10 tester's)

those things in growing would be worth every penny if it's $5(example) a plant and it tells you the heritage, hermie traits , what sex, and oil traits. Once a company makes even something that does one of these perfect i'm sure the scene is going to cement doing that instead of making clones and growing fully a plant (indoors)

organix4207

organix4207

If you are doing a female pheno hunt knowin the sex early could save you lots of $$$$ .
All those male spots could be filled with more plants. Plus all the wasted nutes etc.
I couldn't agree more with @hawkman more. There are only a few companies doing this so the price is still high. Give it a few years and there will be a home test you can do to Id sex and it will be inexpensive.

5R.Homegrown

5R.Homegrown

It costs $24.99 per plant tested !!!
Plus initial cost of $9.99 for the kit

Phylos is $15.00 per sex test. They have a discount at higher volumes.
Steep Hill has it too, but only in CA.
Found some guy in Montana selling it for $45 per plant!! I'll wait it out for that price.

H

hawkman

Phylos is $15.00 per sex test. They have a discount at higher volumes.
Steep Hill has it too, but only in CA.
Found some guy in Montana selling it for $45 per plant!! I'll wait it out for that price.
Wonder if they would let the cop's know/or even test it - if "sample" came from a state were marijuana is still illegal ?

5R.Homegrown

5R.Homegrown

Wonder if they would let the cop's know/or even test it - if "sample" came from a state were marijuana is still illegal ?
If they did, they wouldn't be in business long - don't know how would they know which state it was grown.

M

MamaBear

I can't wait! Won't be long before we can send in a sample bud and get a complete print-out of the plant. Cannabinoid levels, terpene profiles, and any other genetic info (hermie trait, etc.) for a cheap price available to everyone. New labs opening up all the time and prices will surely get better.
Makes sense that simple sexing is about all they can get on a leaf sample.

B

Burned Haze

^ that's what I'm waiting gracefully on cause current labs/testing is a 180 degree and then some on negative

P

Phenom

Be cool if you could get thc/cbd info on a bud the same way.
To bring this back from the dead, you can! ...if you have the dough. I'm looking into this now in hoped to get bulk pricing for a large sift.
Predicative Testing as it's referred to be ppl in the field measures the amount of cannabanoids and while very minute on the level of like 0.0034% THCa and 0.00012 CBDa. The reason it's important is twofold.
1) out of 1000 plants if the norm is 0.0034% at that specific time of the plants life and in that 1000 you find one that is 0.0198% THCa and 0.00008% CBDa, we have an "outlier" in the population that will hopefully have a very high Cannabanoid content in the end product.
2) The the second thing about predicative testing is ratios. If a baby tests out at a 10:1 THCa:CBDa ratio, according to K. Jodrey
these ratios typically hold true for the end product. Meaning if we want a strain high in CDB or CBN we could look at the ratio to THC as well as it's proportion to others in the population and find those who best fit our needs. This would save countless generations and miss-steps.
So long as we can afford it the science is there for spectacular breeding projects!

Top Bottom