PlushBerry Leaking OIL

• Thread starter oscar169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
After reading that article it doesn't look like guttation. I believe it is just some kind of sap. I flush with hi brix molasses, but I don't think that has much to do with it. I think it's just from a damaged area that the plant is trying to repair and sends extra energy to the location.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Yup, that's the stuff all right, Oscar, at least what happened to my plants.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

After reading that article it doesn't look like guttation. I believe it is just some kind of sap. I flush with hi brix molasses, but I don't think that has much to do with it. I think it's just from a damaged area that the plant is trying to repair and sends extra energy to the location.
Sorry, man, I disagree. But I will research til we get to the bottom of this. my curiosity is piqued. :-)

Dunge

Dunge

Arterial bleeding is what comes to mind.
How can this be a good thing?
That sap should stay inside the plant.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

Maybe @squiggly can give us some info. Seems like something in his area of expertise. I'm just saying from personal experience that I only get it when shit is DIALED. So to me its a good sign.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
+1 for @squiggly need you to step in with some insight as to what the Hell is causing this PlushBerry to leak a Sweet Tasting OIL

Dunge

Dunge

Maybe @squiggly can give us some info. Seems like something in his area of expertise. I'm just saying from personal experience that I only get it when shit is DIALED. So to me its a good sign.
To "dial" is to move a dial back and forth so as to optimize a radio signal.
My point is, you might dial it back a bit.
This is akin to a stroke from high blood pressure.
All that sap is valuable bio ready juice ready to self organize into your favorite plant matter.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

At night, transpiration usually does not occur because most plants have their stomata closed. When there is a high soil moisture level, water will enter plant roots, because the water potential of the roots is lower than in the soil solution. The water will accumulate in the plant, creating a slight root pressure. The root pressure forces some water to exude through special leaf tip or edge structures, hydathodes or water glands, forming drops. Root pressure provides the impetus for this flow, rather than transpirational pull.Guttation is most noticeable when transpiration is suppressed and the relative humidity is high, such as during the night

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
At night, transpiration usually does not occur because most plants have their stomata closed. When there is a high soil moisture level, water will enter plant roots, because the water potential of the roots is lower than in the soil solution. The water will accumulate in the plant, creating a slight root pressure. The root pressure forces some water to exude through special leaf tip or edge structures, hydathodes or water glands, forming drops. Root pressure provides the impetus for this flow, rather than transpirational pull.Guttation is most noticeable when transpiration is suppressed and the relative humidity is high, such as during the night

This isn't water at all
In my experience it seems to ooze out of a nick or cut in the stem.

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
This isn't water at all
Yeah it seems to ooze out of the buds when you try to break them open, its just the weirdest shit I have ever seen, sticky as a fly trap

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
Yeah it seems to ooze out of the buds when you try to break them open, its just the weirdest shit I have ever seen, sticky as a fly trap
I'd be willing to bet you've seen weirder shit before bro. Tastes great too.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

This isn't water at all
I beleive it IS mostly water,mixed with plant sugars of course.The plants uptake the water and carbon dioxide and in combination with light turn it into sugars(food) which are pushed(pressured) up through the plants vascular system to feed it,the water uptake creates the presuure and any weak spot or break can then begin to leak just like your kitchen sink drips water.
Im sure squiggs can explain better than my dumb ass,heres a link that might help,
basically what your seeing is water and sugars though.

zeke

zeke

It would be cool to see the ms/gc results for a sample of that unknown exudate. I'm not sure what tests cost where you are at. I think it's around $30 or so here. Aber beklecker nicht das sofa.

squiggly

squiggly

It would be cool to see the ms/gc results for a sample of that unknown exudate. I'm not sure what tests cost where you are at. I think it's around $30 or so here. Aber beklecker nicht das sofa.

You'd find everything in it. It's sitting in a sea of other chemicals by sitting atop the surface of a pot plant.

squiggly

squiggly

I beleive it IS mostly water,mixed with plant sugars of course.The plants uptake the water and carbon dioxide and in combination with light turn it into sugars(food) which are pushed(pressured) up through the plants vascular system to feed it,the water uptake creates the presuure and any weak spot or break can then begin to leak just like your kitchen sink drips water.
Im sure squiggs can explain better than my dumb ass,heres a link that might help,
basically what your seeing is water and sugars though.

Nope, you explained it perfectly.

Typically we think of plants feeding themselves as this wicking action, and it really is--but as you said when the osmotic pressure outside of the roots exceeds that within them they will continue to take on more water even if the "wicking system" itself is overloaded (too pressurized). Exactly like you said, once the pressure is this high it's going to look for a way out. The most likely place for a weak spot is in new growth (thinner cell walls, almost no walls which have become "woody"), so the plant shits sap out the top.

If you wanna test this hypothesis--take a sterile needle and stab your plant near the top before lights out (after a mid-day watering). When stomata close, pressure will build up and sap should come shooting out the stab (unless it heals and hardens before the pressure builds up enough).

N

nightmarecreature

Yum! Smoking sugar! Must be good for the lungs!

Welshwizzard

Welshwizzard

also flush my plants for a few weeks before the chop to make sure the chlorophyll is degrading before I chop.. so by the time the end of the dry is done.. its already smoking and tasting like its been cured for a few weeks.. so after I jar it up for a few weeks it tastes and smells like its been in jars for months.

My method too!

Top Bottom