I flipped the seed mothers too because,

B0D506E1 4DCD 447D B622 747EBD292D21
3C45A3B1 9391 4254 B29D 61844C21AFA1

FF787DBF 76AF 4865 AA91 B4481CC585C1

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I just plucked them to take a closer look. Its impossible to get a clear look when they’re on the plant. I don’t think they have any viable pollen yet so i’m just gonna let it go for a while. Also still spraying the pollen mother #2. Just to be on the safe side.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I'm learning a lot from watching your thread. Thanks for the info

Oh i’m hardly a teacher in this case. Its my first experiment and i’m learning as i go along. But if you are gonna try, i’ll share my biggest noob mistake. The reason 1st plant is so stressed is most likely because of my bad practices.

At the beginning of the experiment, because of the light schedule, i’d have to spray and after about 30 to 60 minutes i’d have to place it under the lights again. Now it was never soaking wet or anything but even the tiniest amount of cs on the leaves, under lights, fucks the plant up. Leaves a bluish tint on the leaves and i know thats the same shit i get when i forget some cs in a clear container under lights.

So now, i changed my light schedule to better suit my circadian rythm, i just spray and lights go off and i go to sleep :). Second mother on this schedule seems happier at the moment. Much much happier. No brown hairs on it tho. Thats kinda strange :)

EEF57F15 1998 45C7 B7DA 2737AB0E9953
74223002 38DD 477C B765 27F766F8C00E

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

They look a bit premature, you may want to let them go a bit longer before plucking them. I don't have all that much experience with males, but usually the flowers are a bit more yellow or even white before they are really ready.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
They look a bit premature, you may want to let them go a bit longer before plucking them. I don't have all that much experience with males, but usually the flowers are a bit more yellow or even white before they are really ready.

Definitely. I plucked them to see the bananas under microscope. They’re not ready for sure. It seems from this point on, it should take about 20-30 days for to viable pollen to be produced but again i’m not sure this gal will produce viable pollen after all that stress, we’ll see.. if it produces viable pollen things are gonna be very easy. Seed mothers will be hit with pollen at day 25 or so.

Second pollen mother is coming along well too. 9th day, so i am expecting balls in 10-12 days and another 20-30 for pollen which should put me at 40th day of flower for seed mothers. May be a little late to pollinate but i got more clones. I can always store that pollen in the fridge for a couple of months (probably) mixed with rice or something and then vacuum packed.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
The second mother is finally showing pistil browning and its in pristine condition. In any case i’ll save its pollen for future.

33BAC2D9 AB94 4143 BDD4 87018D84277E
07B7B50F 00C6 484F B6AE BCCEA409456A

First pollen mother shows bigger balls now. Cojones. I’ll still use any viable pollen i get from this gal, if the prime flowering phase starts to pass before i get anything from the second one. Because i was the cause of this stress which stunted it severely so i know its not some genetic problem. Just bad practices.

0935C007 CA59 4610 A400 588759AAC6D2
9DDF7BE9 F706 4DE3 A14C 259D53107D3B

Family photo.

F50F764B 14EB 4A0A B62F 123244E4F97C
C7807537 5B5F 4777 A682 DE45F108C9BC

Axel Rose

Axel Rose

Awesome work, thank you for sharing this info. I will be trying this for the first time in about a month or so. This is very helpful for me to plan it out. I kept reading in different forums and threads that you want to throw your pollen mother in 12/12 2 weeks before your seed mother or mother's. You have the proof right here lol :)

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Awesome work, thank you for sharing this info. I will be trying this for the first time in about a month or so. This is very helpful for me to plan it out. I kept reading in different forums and threads that you want to throw your pollen mother in 12/12 2 weeks before your seed mother or mother's. You have the proof right here lol :)

Thanks for the compliments. I’m actually expecting more out of the second one as it is much healthier but still not all pistils have turned. Yeah should definitely flip them 2-3 weeks prior to your seed mothers. I’ll keep it posted.

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Not bad. The sacks on the old mother looks good. Still will i get pollen? Not sure. Second one is about to throw some balls too i think. The hairs mostly died back. Still throwing some white ones but i think it’ll turn succesfully.

57053293 FD8A 4C2A A11F 6334FDC2A580
8636A4AB 7CF1 42F7 8435 861442881EC9
F80CEF84 6835 4284 84DF 9109F65ACB12

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Ok, now lets do an update. I did my first pollination yesterday. Moved the gals into another room. Placed the mothers in front of a fan and placed the pollen mother at the back of the fan. Let the pollen get drafted by air for a couple of hours.

Today, the plucked pods were pretty dry so i also used it. I took a brush, dipped it into pollen and gently tapped it with my hand over the seed mothers. Also noticed the pods were still full of pollen so i used a tweezer to pick up semi-opened pods and again gently tapped over the plants. The pollen was visibly landing onto the pistils.

Now, i gotta move them into the tent. First i should say, i’ll probably get seeds in my grow room. Not only the seed mothers but my regular smoke stash. Tho its not a problem because i know what plant the pollen came from, it’ll be a cross i can label and grow out. Still tho i don’t want it to be covered with seeds if the pollen was viable.

So here is the question, i know you can spray with plain water to deactivate pollen but i don’t know when. How long does it take for to pollen to actually transfer its gametes and its done so i can spray it with water and be at peace about moving them inside?

Axel Rose

Axel Rose

Ok, now lets do an update. I did my first pollination yesterday. Moved the gals into another room. Placed the mothers in front of a fan and placed the pollen mother at the back of the fan. Let the pollen get drafted by air for a couple of hours.

Today, the plucked pods were pretty dry so i also used it. I took a brush, dipped it into pollen and gently tapped it with my hand over the seed mothers. Also noticed the pods were still full of pollen so i used a tweezer to pick up semi-opened pods and again gently tapped over the plants. The pollen was visibly landing onto the pistils.

Now, i gotta move them into the tent. First i should say, i’ll probably get seeds in my grow room. Not only the seed mothers but my regular smoke stash. Tho its not a problem because i know what plant the pollen came from, it’ll be a cross i can label and grow out. Still tho i don’t want it to be covered with seeds if the pollen was viable.

So here is the question, i know you can spray with plain water to deactivate pollen but i don’t know when. How long does it take for to pollen to actually transfer its gametes and its done so i can spray it with water and be at peace about moving them inside?
I wish I had personal experience with this but I know you can tell once the pistil has receded and the calyx has swollen up you pretty much have a seed that is already being produced. I would say it's safe so assume that you can spray with water then.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I wish I had personal experience with this but I know you can tell once the pistil has receded and the calyx has swollen up you pretty much have a seed that is already being produced. I would say it's safe so assume that you can spray with water then.

Yeah i think so too. Well i made two pollinations and today at the lights on i’ll at least be able to tell if pollination occured or not. Some pistil tips were brown yesterday but not many. Well even if i can get 5-10 seeds out of this i’ll be happy. This is an experiment afterall. Will keep it updated.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
It seems like none of the pistil have really browned. With 2 applications utilizing different techniques, seem the pollination part may be a failure. I used up the pollen i got from the first mother. It was tiny. So there will not be any more pollinations. Gonna grow them out anyway because i’m a little low on dinachem and northern lights. And who knows maybe there are couple of pollinated pistils i haven’t seen.

At this point i can make a good schedule for myself and apply the same technique in my next seed run. Which will be just at the end of this grow and the gals will be pollinated in the tent. Constantly. This system should work. I’ll try it once this grow is done. Its really strange tho. I have no idea why they didn’t get pollinated. I have seen the pollen litterally falling onto the pistils. Strange.

Also i used 2 different brands of colloidal silver. First one was good but the second one, not so much. The second pollen mother is not showing any balls still. So, i’m gonna stop spraying after today and if it throws some balls, i can freeze it and use it as i wish later.

So overall, the experiment was succesful as i got pollen and have seen that it takes 20 days for the balls to appear and another 25 for the pollen to be released. I can use this as a template when making a breeding schedule next run. The experiment failed also as there are no visual signs that points towards a succesful pollination except couple of pistils with shriveled brown tips but nothing else and they are not dying back. So next run, i will keep them all in one tent and not gonna bother with hand pollination.

Still will keep it updated and probably journal my next run here too. Maybe homemade colloidal next time. Maybe.

Top Bottom