Potassium Citrate

• Thread starter McLeafy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

McLeafy

Have any of you guys used potassium citrate as a foliar spray during mid to late flowering?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Welcome to the farm.

Is there a particular reason you need to spray anything mid flower or later? Personally I wouldn't foliar after I flip. But I'm not big into foliar spraying. I rarely ever do it.

xenon730

xenon730

Only spraying on fan leaves. Not the flowers.
Right but for what reason? You're not going to benefit anymore from that than just adding more K to your res. If you're just asking cause its in a product, that's different. That's why demontrich was asking.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Right but for what reason? You're not going to benefit anymore from that than just adding more K to your res. If you're just asking cause its in a product, that's different. That's why demontrich was asking.
Just have him spray some on a bowl and smoke it see if he likes it.:D

xenon730

xenon730

Just have him spray some on a bowl and smoke it see if he likes it.:D
I take it you're part of the spray nothing in flowering group also now? I provide for people so being able to say that the medicine is not sprayed with anything is fundamental to my service. Try to keep it as clean as i can in every way, i dont spray in veg either actually.

M

McLeafy

According to a few studies, potassium citrate is the most readily available form of K to the plant via foliar feeding. I guess I was asking if anyone has tried to to get their opinion. Apparently, the science is there in general for other plants but I? Of course, want to know how true it is for cannabis

xenon730

xenon730

According to a few studies, potassium citrate is the most readily available form of K to the plant via foliar feeding. I guess I was asking if anyone has tried to to get their opinion. Apparently, the science is there in general for other plants but I? Of course, want to know how true it is for cannabis
I literally was hoping you were gonna say this but didn't get my hopes up. Can you link me to whatever convinced you to try? I've experimented with all sorts of foliar sprays and found that kelp and nutrients(aside from isolated hormones) will give the same effect, which i found to be most impactful, regardless of things like fulvic acid, amino acids, etc. In the end of all the intense testing, i now spray nothing lol. Imo research more about plant physiology instead. Helps way more than trying to find some way to beef up growth. You can rest assured that someone else has sprayed k citrate by now and that if it were a game changer, you'd know about it. That's my 2 cents on foliar sprays. I've tested all chelates and nonchelate minerals, kelp extract, fulvic, humic, amino acids, every popular bloom booster, etc. It's exciting to spray veg plants with nutrients and kelp but it's also pointless overall. I found certain sprays can seem to speed up flowering but only by a few days and without any more yield.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Foliar feeding is so underrated. I Foliar from first day of Veg all the way up to 3 week flower. Nothing crazy is developed at this point anyways. All my opinion of course. Happy Growing

P

Purpose420

I literally was hoping you were gonna say this but didn't get my hopes up. Can you link me to whatever convinced you to try? I've experimented with all sorts of foliar sprays and found that kelp and nutrients(aside from isolated hormones) will give the same effect, which i found to be most impactful, regardless of things like fulvic acid, amino acids, etc. In the end of all the intense testing, i now spray nothing lol. Imo research more about plant physiology instead. Helps way more than trying to find some way to beef up growth. You can rest assured that someone else has sprayed k citrate by now and that if it were a game changer, you'd know about it. That's my 2 cents on foliar sprays. I've tested all chelates and nonchelate minerals, kelp extract, fulvic, humic, amino acids, every popular bloom booster, etc. It's exciting to spray veg plants with nutrients and kelp but it's also pointless overall. I found certain sprays can seem to speed up flowering but only by a few days and without any more yield.

Liquid karma is a good foliar feed

xenon730

xenon730

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...gg8MAU&usg=AFQjCNHxc4Y011lO3zMCiXS1gSjxCWJITg

This is one. It's nothing earth shattering but it made me curious.
Don't let me dissuade you and i did say, and still feel, that foliar feeding is exciting and impactful on vegetating cannabis. It really can speed up growth rates. The reason why i say it's pointless is because once I'm cycling i never want to speed up vegetative growth and i usually want to do the opposite. I used to really like spraying kelp extract, chelated calcium, fulvic acid, and 200ppm of hydro npk. But i definitely still use kelp and humic in drenches. With full proper feeding and additives, the increased growth will be noticeable but not tremendous. Gonna go through this study more now.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Kelp is one of my favorite things in my garden period. Add a little Kelp and some Humic equals game changer!!

P

Purpose420

Which is kelp humic and is definitely a good foliar feed.

It's a bit more complex than that...

APPLICATION RATES
Amounts in ml/gallon (4l) 1 teaspoon=5 ml 1 tablespoon=15 ml

Ingredients:

Amino acids; glycine, alanine, valine, leucine, isoleucine, sereine, threonine, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, aspargine, glutamine, lysine, arginine, histidine, cysteine, cystine, methionine, proline, phenylalanine, tyrosine, and tryptophan. Vitamins; riboflavin, thiamine, pyridoxine, ascorbic acid, and a full array of other water soluble vitamins. Carbohydrates; sucrose, fructose, cellulose. Phytohormones; Indole-3-acetic acid, trans-6-(4-hydroxy-3- methybut-2-enyl) amino purine, hydrolysate, soy protein ydrolysate, fermented yeast extract, aqueous extracts of etiolated wheat coleoptiles, and Zea mays, aloe vera extract, yucca extract, humic acid, fulvic acid, and kelp seaweed extract.

1 ounce=30 ml 1/2 - 1 gm = 1/4 - 1/2 tsp 3/4 gm = 1/4 tsp

Guaranteed Analysis:

Total Nitrogen (N) 0.1% 0.1% Water Soluble Nitrogen

Available Phosphate (P2O5) 0.1% Soluble Potash (K2O) 0.5%

Derived from: Kelp seaweed extract.

ALSO CONTAINS

P

Pimples

Kelp is one of my favorite things in my garden period. Add a little Kelp and some Humic equals game changer!!
It does. I been foliar spraying kelp..fulvic..plant hydrolysate and yucca in veg and early flowering for years. The most noticeable additive inputs ive ever used and ive used them all. Plants ive topped once or twice look like ive topped 20 times. Short compact bushy ladies ready to pack on the weight. Plants with this weekly spray regimen side by side plants without is night and day different. Just a pinch of all 4 powders in a quart spraybottle of decent tap water. No pH..no nutrient..just spray the shit outta them right when your lights come on. Raise them if you have to but I dont. Not t5's anyways. Once a week. Every week in veg and first 3 weeks of 12-12. Thank me later. Serious. Its that good.

xenon730

xenon730

It's a bit more complex than that...

APPLICATION RATES
Amounts in ml/gallon (4l) 1 teaspoon=5 ml 1 tablespoon=15 ml

Ingredients:

Amino acids; glycine, alanine, valine, leucine, isoleucine, sereine, threonine, aspartic acid, glutamic acid, aspargine, glutamine, lysine, arginine, histidine, cysteine, cystine, methionine, proline, phenylalanine, tyrosine, and tryptophan. Vitamins; riboflavin, thiamine, pyridoxine, ascorbic acid, and a full array of other water soluble vitamins. Carbohydrates; sucrose, fructose, cellulose. Phytohormones; Indole-3-acetic acid, trans-6-(4-hydroxy-3- methybut-2-enyl) amino purine, hydrolysate, soy protein ydrolysate, fermented yeast extract, aqueous extracts of etiolated wheat coleoptiles, and Zea mays, aloe vera extract, yucca extract, humic acid, fulvic acid, and kelp seaweed extract.

1 ounce=30 ml 1/2 - 1 gm = 1/4 - 1/2 tsp 3/4 gm = 1/4 tsp

Guaranteed Analysis:

Total Nitrogen (N) 0.1% 0.1% Water Soluble Nitrogen

Available Phosphate (P2O5) 0.1% Soluble Potash (K2O) 0.5%

Derived from: Kelp seaweed extract.

ALSO CONTAINS
Where is that ingredient list from?

P

Pimples

Kelp...humic/fulvic..plant protein hydrolysate (an amino acid that has pretty much all them ingrediants) and yucca as a saponin spreader/sticker. All can be had in powder form from kelp4less. Buy a pound or 2 and it will last a long ass time. Thats all thats in Liquid Karma. Save your money. I used to use LK...alot. Got expensive so I tried the powders. Same exact results. Save alot of money. If you use these 4 powders and still get better results with Liquid Karma..then LK is truly magical stuff.

Top Bottom