Prepaid Credit/debit Cards

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'm dropping my current bank as they won't do anything about fraudulent purchases, albeit only 300.00, but it's 300.00 out of pocket. So a big FU to bank of america. .
So going the prepaid credit/debit card route. Anyone use these types of cards? I know they have fees and such, not too worried as I used to pay 10/mo with BOA. Nets pend and green dot are some I seen a in stores. I buy alot of my stuff online, so a card is very much needed.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Fuck BOA

I got taken for 3500, 10 yrs ago from PayPal and Commerica bank from a Nigerian fishing scheme. I'm super diligent with my accounts and cards. I was out of the 3500.00 as well. I normally kept under 100 in any banking account.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm dropping my current bank as they won't do anything about fraudulent purchases, albeit only 300.00, but it's 300.00 out of pocket. So a big FU to bank of america. .
So going the prepaid credit/debit card route. Anyone use these types of cards? I know they have fees and such, not too worried as I used to pay 10/mo with BOA. Nets pend and green dot are some I seen a in stores. I buy alot of my stuff online, so a card is very much needed.
They're a pain in the ass and we're finding the ones used by UI are difficult to use to make certain types of payments. Like rent.

I hage BoA, too. They'll take your cash deposit. Then make you wait a full TWO WEEKS before you have access to it. Ever consider a credit union?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'm anti banking at this time. I've lost too much money. Plus I don't like paper trails. I only pay my cell.phone bill, and buy grow stuff online. Everything else is cash. Mortgage is handled by the wife's account.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Anyone have one of these, of so what do you have and how do you like it?

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Anyone have one of these, of so what do you have and how do you like it?
This issue came up when they cracked down on offshore banking and it's legal status and online gaming/poker. I am going to assume that *someone* could call a purchase drug related if they want, or if their boss says so. The banks quit doing business with offshore companies and now all we see are fantasy sports, and those might not be around for long, uncle sam will find a way to get his. We were able to use prepaid cards, certain kinds, for awhile, but as far as I know most if not all but the top two gambling sites do not do business with US banks, rather the banks do not do business with offshore gaming companies.

The pre-paid cards cost several dollars to fill, I guess I don't find enough value in pre-paid cards, but I also don't have any monthly fees with usbank. Not that I am a happy usbank customer. I would say I am less than enthused but I don't see a way around it. I do know that banks are fighting to keep customers, while they may not waive everything, I have asked and they've waived some fees at some points.

Chase also sells reloadable cards, but that was several years ago and I imagine the restrictions would be across the board.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I don't gamble, only use for a card is for online purchases and pay cell bill vs instore.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
My life experience has been me paying cash/debit for things.

And while you would think that someone living within their means would somehow be rewarded in life. That is not the reality.

I never had a credit score because I always used money I had. No credit, loans etc.

Anything that ran my credit I was always denied for. Finding places to rent was tough too. I make decent money and keep my bills paid. Most bills tho don't report to your credit.

Then within the past 9 months I got my 1st credit card. Kept a small purchase on it every month then pay it off after statement cut. Then got a few cash rewards cards.

That's when I learned that using cards you actually save anywhere from %1-%5 on anything you would spend cash on. So now I buy everything through my cash back cards (whichever gives me the highest % for where I'm buying). I pay them down before statement. Then pay them off in full after the statement cuts.

So using the system actually saves you money. But using cash costs you money.

My credit score is now 740 and rising. It's only been 9 months! And I have a couple hundred $$ in cash back rewards chillin on different cards.

Now I can rent,buy,lease,loan,apply for whatever I want. They key is not to do any of those things just because you can.

It's designed to be this way. Force us to participate.

Once I gave in and joined the hive everything got easier.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I don't gamble, only use for a card is for online purchases and pay cell bill vs instore.
My post was speaking to fees and rules with who can do business with whom, not online gaming. That was just an example of restrictions and fees being added where they weren't before. If you are loading small amounts, a 4 or 5 dollar fee would add up fast. What would dave ramsey do?

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

My life experience has been me paying cash/debit for things.

And while you would think that someone living within their means would somehow be rewarded in life. That is not the reality.

I never had a credit score because I always used money I had. No credit, loans etc.

Anything that ran my credit I was always denied for. Finding places to rent was tough too. I make decent money and keep my bills paid. Most bills tho don't report to your credit.

Then within the past 9 months I got my 1st credit card. Kept a small purchase on it every month then pay it off after statement cut. Then got a few cash rewards cards.

That's when I learned that using cards you actually save anywhere from %1-%5 on anything you would spend cash on. So now I buy everything through my cash back cards (whichever gives me the highest % for where I'm buying). I pay them down before statement. Then pay them off in full after the statement cuts.

So using the system actually saves you money. But using cash costs you money.

My credit score is now 740 and rising. It's only been 9 months! And I have a couple hundred $$ in cash back rewards chillin on different cards.

Now I can rent,buy,lease,loan,apply for whatever I want. They key is not to do any of those things just because you can.

It's designed to be this way. Force us to participate.

Once I gave in and joined the hive everything got easier.
well said.

grayarea

grayarea

yea walmart has the biggest limits and are cheapest to refill.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I went with the netspend. 9.95 initial fee, 3.95 reloads. Not too bad. Better than having an account that can be fished and cleaned out...again. at least with the NS card, the scammer can only get what I have on the card.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Lmao... I left b of a 2 years ago... I cancelled debits savings and credit with that company...same with Sprint... 10 years ago both were great nation wide. Both became too big to fail and their customer service went to shit fuck. Now all you get is some dumb fat bitch named shaqueeta that has an attitude about having to work period. Ahhhhh i fuckin love the direction of our country.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Lmao... I left b of a 2 years ago... I cancelled debits savings and credit with that company...same with Sprint... 10 years ago both were great nation wide. Both became too big to fail and their customer service went to shit fuck. Now all you get is some dumb fat bitch named shaqueeta that has an attitude about having to work period. Ahhhhh i fuckin love the direction of our country.
How does it go? Murika! Ha

Top Bottom