Purple Stems, Flowering Week 2

• Thread starter MrBlue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrBlue

MrBlue

This is my first grow guys so bare with me. Ok, so this reddening of the stems has been going on for about three weeks now and is slowly spreading into the leaf veins. The underside of the leaves are nice and green looking, with just the topside of the stalks turning redish, purple. Theres also slight striping of the main stems. Other than that, no necrosis or anything else happening. The strain is Ameisa Haze Automatic. My own opinion would be Ma deficiency but not 100% sure. Temps are at a constant 25/26c and RH kept to 40%.

Thanks guys

Purple stems flowering week 2
Purple stems flowering week 2 2
Purple stems flowering week 2 3
Purple stems flowering week 2 4
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

What is your ph going in?
Please explain your feeding regiment so we can diagnose further.
One thing you can do for us and post the results. Take a ph and ppm (ec) reading of the run off when you feed.

Toaster79

Toaster79

What he said!

Your pH is off the hook and there's slight N tox.

MrBlue

MrBlue

What is your ph going in?
Please explain your feeding regiment so we can diagnose further.
One thing you can do for us and post the results. Take a ph and ppm (ec) reading of the run off when
you feed.

Ph is 6.3, haven't got an EC meter yet. (PPM). As for feeding I havent gave anything. The soil im using is highly fertilised. @Toaster79 what makes you think it's slight Nitrogen toxicity?

Toaster79

Toaster79

Make a slurry test. Take a cup, fill it halfwaywith the soil from the middle of the pot near the roots, fill the rest of the cup with distilled, demineralised or RO water. Mix it and let it sit for at least 15 min, then measure pH. Obviosly you should measure pH of the water itself prior to making the test.

Slight N tox is shown by the tips clawing inwards

hermit186

hermit186

The way the leaves look is slight-n 90% is ph usually how to know the fan leaves make plant look like umbrella.
Some strains turn red I have tried it all one pot and only one transplant, measure ph 3times a day, Foliar sprays.
The best results is to fight it before it happens I have use a foliar spray I got from seamaiden. 5:1 personal mix buy the cal and the mag and mix your self. I have seaweed power and soak in ro water. I mix this together with some rizotonic. (early on). Spray twice a week. Now all that said 3 or 4 th week of flower red stems. Not every time.
If you grow any thing White strain or if it has greater than 50% white up your Cal double and add to reservoir besides the sprays.
I believe that the stems have something to do with the P but have no data hunch.
I used to think it was the indoor growing changing what the plant that was made for by god.
We no longer have much in common with what Ranger One gave us.
They have messed with all of it, how tall, auto flower, Feminized, Taste, shape, and then the chemistry.
I am old and have smoked from the 1960's. THEY HAVE NOT HELPED just made it a billion dollar business.
When it gets legal most every where. Then the real GMO want to be gods will really screw it up.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Needs Magnesium. Try a teaspoon of epsome salts per gal. New petolies should be green. Watch for red at base of stem where it attaches to leaf, sure sign of mag def.

Top Bottom