Question On Seed Flowering Time

• Thread starter pointer80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pointer80

pointer80

Hello all, I have a question on seed flowering times listed in seed description, When seed descriptions say for example 50-70 day flower what exactly does that mean? Is that how long they flower or total grow time? Thanks all

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
It a common tactic to shorten stated flowering times to get folks to buy more seeds.

I’ve seen hazes marketed as 9-10 week strains. Most of the ones I’ve grown are 16+ weeks until they finish some as long as 20.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
It a common tactic to shorten stated flowering times to get folks to buy more seeds.

I’ve seen hazes marketed as 9-10 week strains. Most of the ones I’ve grown are 16+ weeks until they finish some as long as 20.
Right!! I had one strain that I swear took 16 plus weeks to finish ! Last. Time we run that ! Lol

Monster762

Monster762

Time from start of 12/12. Breeder timelines are just an idea I’ve had a 60-70 day strain finish in 52 days n I’ve had a 60 day strain take 11 weeks to Amber trichs.
If any pollen is introduced plant stops producing n starts finishing at that point. Doesnt really stop just focuses energy to making healthy seed instead of bud. Pistils going red real early is a sign pollen might be in there.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Time from start of 12/12. Breeder timelines are just an idea I’ve had a 60-70 day strain finish in 52 days n I’ve had a 60 day strain take 11 weeks to Amber trichs.
If any pollen is introduced plant stops producing n starts finishing at that point. Doesnt really stop just focuses energy to making healthy seed instead of bud. Pistils going red real early is a sign pollen might be in there.

Thanks for the +pollen answer. I was wondering that since I just hand pollinated a couple of my girls. I see the stigma I've pollinated quickly begin to senesce. It's kinda cool because they're showing me I got a good pollenation.

Top Bottom