Question On Thermostatically Controlled Outlet To Run Heater

• Thread starter pointer80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pointer80

pointer80

Hello all, I have a 4x8 grow tent set up in my workshop and I will have to run a heater inside and I want to hook it to a thermostatically controlled outlet. Most heaters are over 1200 watts and the thermostatically controlled outlets I am finding are rated for under 1200 watts. Does anybody know of a outlet that is rated for over 1200 watts for a descent price? Or is there another way to rig it up? Thanks all.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Hello all, I have a 4x8 grow tent set up in my workshop and I will have to run a heater inside and I want to hook it to a thermostatically controlled outlet. Most heaters are over 1200 watts and the thermostatically controlled outlets I am finding are rated for under 1200 watts. Does anybody know of a outlet that is rated for over 1200 watts for a descent price? Or is there another way to rig it up? Thanks all.

Buy a heater with a built in thermostat.

pointer80

pointer80

You can run a 24v transformer, single pole contactor and a standard 24v thermostat. If you want me to write you a diagram I can
I would really appreciate that, Thank you.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Line voltage thermostat.
https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Pr...ocphy=9016365&hvtargid=pla-309395138098&psc=1

Top Bottom