Questions On A New Grow Setup

• Thread starter Weedbro95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Weedbro95

Weedbro95

So far I have done two harvests in my 3x3 tent and am ready to upgrade a bit and add a 5x9 or 5x10 tent. The goal is to yield as much as possible while still having some good quality.
1. Which would be better, two 1000w hps lights or 3 600w hps lights?
2. Could I do 3 different strains in this tent or is it better to focus on one?
3. My veg tent would be 3x3 with two 450w led's, whats the max amount of plants I could veg and in what size pots?
4. I want to harvest every month and half, would this be done better with 12 big plants or 30 small ones?
5. I hear people talking about keeping "mother" plants in their veg room. I'm guessing this is for cloning? and what is done after that plant is used up? Do you just leave a clone and veg off that?
6. What would electric costs be if you were to guess?

Thanks for any suggestions or help!

Dan789

Dan789

Prior to your post, I’d have been doing some reading on the many grow diaries, and have some more concrete idea other than throw this out to the community, just sayin.
Most growers progress in a linear fashion, expand on what the earlier grows had taught. One particular light does good, adding another of that type, another grower does good with a different particular light, maybe try that out. Along the way figuring out what fits in their tents, and the expanding or even mapping out on the floor space how much another larger size tent area would then encompass. That’s where I’d start, but that me...
Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

Weedbro95

Weedbro95

Prior to your post, I’d have been doing some reading on the many grow diaries, and have some more concrete idea other than throw this out to the community, just sayin.
Most growers progress in a linear fashion, expand on what the earlier grows had taught. One particular light does good, adding another of that type, another grower does good with a different particular light, maybe try that out. Along the way figuring out what fits in their tents, and the expanding or even mapping out on the floor space how much another larger size tent area would then encompass. That’s where I’d start, but that me...
Good luck with whatever you end up doing.
Thanks ill take a look.

madgrower

madgrower

Any other answers?
I don’t have mother’s i take clones from the bottom of my veg plants a few weeks before I switch. Then at about 3 weeks on 12&12 I take the bottom clones off again. I have better luck with all large plants and I harvest 10 plants every 3 weeks. By staggering when they go in the grow room. This can be done with less plants also. I like what a 1000 watt hourtulx does to my plants and am using a 400 watt cmh in a 5x5 it seems to give them more resin but strength and size of stems aren’t there and the buds aren’t as hard.

Top Bottom