Recurring Problem That I Can't Shake Off

• Thread starter GSWCali
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GSWCali

Happy holidays Farmers! This is my first time growing in coco and I have to say I do enjoy it. Coming from rock wool I would say it has been significantly better. Just started week 4 of veg and I can't seem to shake this deficiency/toxicity that is affecting my plants. I took pictures with the lights on and some when they were off to give different views. All of my parameters seem to be right so I think this has something to do with my nutrients.

6 inch pots filled with 50% botanicare coco coir and 50% botanicare coco with perlite on top of rock wool slabs
Under 600w hps on 18/6 schedule
Temps when lights on - ~75
When off - 63-65
RH ~60%
pH going in 5.5-5.8, coming out is usually 5.9-6
PPM going in ~700
PPM coming out ~900ish
I"m using my own nutrients from chemical salts and the ppms are N-P-K-S-Ca-Mg 140-70-210-40-120-60 Micros are around 0.5 except iron which is at ~3
Pictures https://invalid.com/a/8Wkxk

If there is anything I left out please let me know I will respond asap. Thank you!

Ceveres

Ceveres

Happy holidays Farmers! This is my first time growing in coco and I have to say I do enjoy it. Coming from rock wool I would say it has been significantly better. Just started week 4 of veg and I can't seem to shake this deficiency/toxicity that is affecting my plants. I took pictures with the lights on and some when they were off to give different views. All of my parameters seem to be right so I think this has something to do with my nutrients.

6 inch pots filled with 50% botanicare coco coir and 50% botanicare coco with perlite on top of rock wool slabs
Under 600w hps on 18/6 schedule
Temps when lights on - ~75
When off - 63-65
RH ~60%
pH going in 5.5-5.8, coming out is usually 5.9-6
PPM going in ~700
PPM coming out ~900ish
I"m using my own nutrients from chemical salts and the ppms are N-P-K-S-Ca-Mg 140-70-210-40-120-60 Micros are around 0.5 except iron which is at ~3
Pictures

If there is anything I left out please let me know I will respond asap. Thank you!
Use the "Upload a File" button at the bottom to post your pictures.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'm no coco guy so I can't help on that aspect.

As far as veg temps and rh. Optimal veg temps are 80-84* (I've ran 86* canopy) lights on and 80ish lights off. Rh lights on should be 65% or greater. If you follow the vdp chart, please have excellent air flow to keep that air moving. Rh lights off about 60%.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

@GSWCali
I've seen that deficiency before. I think it's the dirty dirty Draymond. It's comes from kicking Steven Adams below the belt

The dirty dirty Draymond shouldnt be confused with the dirty dirty za za. That comes from stepping under people while they are shooting.

Hahhhahaha

But in all seriousness have you changed the lighting at all lately? Most of your growth looks healthy, then the new stuff looks fried. I've had this problem when I added too much light, too quick

G

GSWCali

I'm no coco guy so I can't help on that aspect.

As far as veg temps and rh. Optimal veg temps are 80-84* (I've ran 86* canopy) lights on and 80ish lights off. Rh lights on should be 65% or greater. If you follow the vdp chart, please have excellent air flow to keep that air moving. Rh lights off about 60%.

Hey I appreciate the reply. I recently turned off my humidifier a couple days ago to observe environmental changes. I'll turn that back on. With it on RH was stable at 65-70%. When I had it on and the rh was 65-70% the new leave were looking decent while the old growth was kinda the same how it is now. Only about 3-4 leaves doing this on one girl. It's just the new growth that started the weird looking hooking towards the end of the leave. Hopefully the correct vpd will fix this thanks!

G

GSWCali

@GSWCali
I've seen that deficiency before. I think it's the dirty dirty Draymond. It's comes from kicking Steven Adams below the belt

The dirty dirty Draymond shouldnt be confused with the dirty dirty za za. That comes from stepping under people while they are shooting.

Hahhhahaha

But in all seriousness have you changed the lighting at all lately? Most of your growth looks healthy, then the new stuff looks fried. I've had this problem when I added too much light, too quick

Hahahah as I'm watching the dubs getting dicked right now. I did actually increase the w by 100. Light is about 36 inches away from top but that could be it. The new growth isn't hooking and looking weird on all the girls, only a couple. Just lowered it back down. Thanks

G

GSWCali

How often/how much are you watering them?

This past week I have been feeding 6 times, every 3 ish hours about. Recirculating drip 10-15 gallons usually in the reservoir depending on if I topped it off.

MW7945

MW7945

Should do a slurry test on the affected plants coco, not the runoff. Honestly seems like a pH issue

G

GSWCali

Should do a slurry test on the affected plants coco, not the runoff. Honestly seems like a pH issue

Never heard of the slurry test going to research that now Thanks! Ill try that asap!

A

Amatoxin

I would look for broad mites.
Physical damage to the vegative bud can result in distortion as the leaves expand, but would only effect that node of growth.

MW7945

MW7945

Never heard of the slurry test going to research that now Thanks! Ill try that asap!

I'm no expert by any means, so I'm 100% speculating. But do you think it could be early signs of nitrogen toxicity?

Otherwise check for pests

Reactions: Ina
Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I would say that ppm is not too crazy high. I would want to run a lower ppm thru to get the out a little closer to the going in but that’s not terrible.

Ph seems a little low but not terrible either. Don’t trust the run off ph. You can do a slurry test but personally I don’t think it’s the ph either. Just trying to keep it closer to 5.8-5.9 going in. IMO.

I would look for bugs personally. That curling is pretty bad. That’s not nitrogen curl. Get a good scope and go to town if nothing. I lose but to eliminate that option

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

I would say that ppm is not too crazy high. I would want to run a lower ppm thru to get the out a little closer to the going in but that’s not terrible.

Ph seems a little low but not terrible either. Don’t trust the run off ph. You can do a slurry test but personally I don’t think it’s the ph either. Just trying to keep it closer to 5.8-5.9 going in. IMO.

I would look for bugs personally. That curling is pretty bad. That’s not nitrogen curl. Get a good scope and go to town if nothing. I lose but to eliminate that option

chemistry

chemistry

If I were you I'd lower my light to 24 inches, bump up your PH to 6.2, and drop your PPM's to 700 and see how you it goes in a weeks time, maybe a good flush first to level things out to give you a fighting chance.

G

GSWCali

I would look for broad mites.
Physical damage to the vegative bud can result in distortion as the leaves expand, but would only effect that node of growth.

Thanks for the reply. Thats what I'm coming down to either broad mites or a nutrient problem. I have been checking leaves daily and haven't seen anything but I'll keep looking

Latest posts

Top Bottom