Red/purple/blue + My Indoor Grow Pics Soon

• Thread starter PurplePlants
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PurplePlants

PurplePlants

So i quickly ran outside to snap a picture of my 99% outdoor Cali-O.
Thought taking my indoor plants and placing them outside with her would be a good thing. (can see I'm still a noob) but loving my grow so far and the citrus smells.
Been trying to add the pictures but it says Security error: press back, reload page so on...

have tried that many times but yeah will post pics asap.

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

PurplePlants outdoor pic

Alright, so i recaptured the image into a PNG and that worked.

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Alright so here is my indoor Cali-o that i forgot outside.
I placed my 3 indoors outside 4 days ago. They started showing weird signs.
Here is the forgotten one :) will place her inside tomorrow.
IndoorCali o

Can see how the cold temps combined with the full shine of the sun has affected her.
IndoorCali o 2

Edit:
each plant had roughly 8-13 colas but my stupidity told me to cut the smaller ones off. To many youtube vids at night.
So now each plant (indoors) have about 3-5 colas each now.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So i quickly ran outside to snap a picture of my 99% outdoor Cali-O.
Thought taking my indoor plants and placing them outside with her would be a good thing. (can see I'm still a noob) but loving my grow so far and the citrus smells.
Been trying to add the pictures but it says Security error: press back, reload page so on...

have tried that many times but yeah will post pics asap.
you done got them all fucked up hormonally... They went from flower to veg and warm to cold temps. hell they dont know what they are doing.. put them back inside under 12/12

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

I'm a noob too, but I feel like you butchered that thing O_O
yeah i did butcher them unfortunately. Space was limited inside but still not an excuse. Just a lot of bad info that i was viewing after i already had good info.
They are all still in flower, i just removed many fan leaves and colas and and and.... my next grow i wont mess with them as much as i did with the indoor ones. The outdoor one is alright though? My little purple moster :) ? right?

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

you done got them all fucked up hormonally... They went from flower to veg and warm to cold temps. hell they dont know what they are doing.. put them back inside under 12/12
They are back inside as of yesterday. As i was laying in bed i felt bad about the forgotten one and got her and placed her inside... Outside they were getting max 10 hours light. Temps close to freezing. Inside they were and now are again at 25 degrees Celsius under 12/12. I must say, the box they came from seems to be a lot smaller now than it did 5 days ago. They all grew quite a bit since then.
So hopefully i haven't halted their progress much.
Not sure how they went into reveg as their light cycles never changed from inside to outside. Except outside they got more of a darkness period. Really hope they didn't start to reveg... i have cut them up pretty badly as space was limited but i must admit i have learned a lot during this grow and i see my mistakes that i will never repeat... Love this learning experiences and thanks to everyone for comments... they do help.

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Seems as if they are bouncing back... Some red in the leaves i assume from the cold as i do see some purple/blue as well.
02 July 2017

Left is the WW and right is the Cali-o indoor.
My indoor Setup:
Built my own 1 plug 1 switch 6 CFL's that each one can be placed higher or lower from hooks. (on a timer)
1x Cardboard box... Stealth grow. Very cheap lol. Reflective material is tin foil.
The box is almost 100% air tight once i have placed my 6 front door hook locks on.
using 1x fan for inlet that is powerful enough to blow all the hot air outside the box.
Box

The inlet fan is actually a pc desktop fan screwed into the box. (thought it was kinda clever as they are only R70 here in RSA.
Fan

Will post pictures of inside really soon.

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Ok so as you saw my box is small, cheap and i didnt expect the plants to grow so much as they did which is why i cut them up so badly...
Even so...
here is the setup i have.
Inside with Fan at the back right of the box with some stuff i placed over as a filter.
Inside with fan

Lights and the hooks. Lights are all CFL's 3x 6500k 20w, 1x 18w 2700k, 1x 4000k 18w and 1x LED e27 9w (806 lumen) that i took the cover off of. (its what i have available and the man at the shop was supposed to get me 6x 2700k 20w but never has, yet.) (box on top left is the outlet)
Lights  hooks

The girls in their small space.
The girls and their small space

Outlet on top of the box
Outlet on top

Very cheap, unexpected and this is what i threw together with limited everything.

I have become somewhat of a seed collector. I do not sell and its only for myself but will show the collection i have.
From Northern Lights (x20+), Purple Haze (x4), WW (x20+), White Rhino (x20+), AK-47 (not sure how many), Cali-o (x20+) and many more...
Seeds

i have dates with how their their sisters smoked and all that. this is not bag seed. just seeds i got from the grower for his good strains. some seeds that arent named are just bag seed.

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

As for the outdoor Cali-o in a pot.... Her colours don't get captured by this Samsung phone.
Outdoor

Closeup of the bottom 2 left side colas.... She is so small lol
Outdoor closeup bottom

Organikz

Organikz

@PurplePlants They look good for how bad you beat them as if they were red headed step children...just playing...i transplanted my plants into a 150g container and a couple days later they were practically dead. Too much neem in the mix caused a major cook. Soil was about 130 degrees. Dont know how but I pulled them through.

It takes mistakes like this to teach us what doesn't work. Once you figure out all those potential mistakes and learn how to avoid them you will be growing 1 hit wonder without missing a beat.

What's going on is a phosphorus lock out because the roots are cold. Cold roots don't work. I ran into the same issue because of a cooling register in my grow room.

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

@PurplePlants They look good for how bad you beat them as if they were red headed step children...just playing...i transplanted my plants into a 150g container and a couple days later they were practically dead. Too much neem in the mix caused a major cook. Soil was about 130 degrees. Dont know how but I pulled them through.

It takes mistakes like this to teach us what doesn't work. Once you figure out all those potential mistakes and learn how to avoid them you will be growing 1 hit wonder without missing a beat.

What's going on is a phosphorus lock out because the roots are cold. Cold roots don't work. I ran into the same issue because of a cooling register in my grow room.
Hey @Organikz
Thanks for the reply.
What happened was, i saw the small outdoor turning purple from the cold so i thought my indoors would as well if i placed them outside with their sister.
My indoors have never had any insect repellents or anything like that. I basically took my time each day to get rid of the pests i saw and those flying gnat things were my worst problem but I'm glad to say they are all 100% gone now. My pots have earthworms in as well somehow.
But back to the point... The outside temps were around 0-4 degrees Celsius you have confirmed the cold. So now they are back inside from their 4 days/nights outside.

I have learned so much from this one grow with the many mistakes i have made.
My respect for this plant has sky rocketed as they take everything i gave them and with the limited resources i have they have not died.
They smell so much like oranges "citrus" smells and the lone ranger WW gives off that deep .... can't explain but it feels like heaven.

I hope i have explained myself well enough that you see how i almost ruined my first grow. Hoping they will bounce back indoors and continue to grow. I see their stems are half purple/red green.... problem?

Organikz

Organikz

Hey @Organikz
Thanks for the reply.
What happened was, i saw the small outdoor turning purple from the cold so i thought my indoors would as well if i placed them outside with their sister.
My indoors have never had any insect repellents or anything like that. I basically took my time each day to get rid of the pests i saw and those flying gnat things were my worst problem but I'm glad to say they are all 100% gone now. My pots have earthworms in as well somehow.
But back to the point... The outside temps were around 0-4 degrees Celsius you have confirmed the cold. So now they are back inside from their 4 days/nights outside.

I have learned so much from this one grow with the many mistakes i have made.
My respect for this plant has sky rocketed as they take everything i gave them and with the limited resources i have they have not died.
They smell so much like oranges "citrus" smells and the lone ranger WW gives off that deep .... can't explain but it feels like heaven.

I hope i have explained myself well enough that you see how i almost ruined my first grow. Hoping they will bounce back indoors and continue to grow. I see their stems are half purple/red green.... problem?
If you want purp go with good genetics and I would recommend a 5 pack of fem or 10 pack reg. Make sure to get the phenos you desire.

Number each plant and clone all if them a w. Keep up with you're tagging. Once your take pictures and document each pheno and then smoke report you can grab the phenos you like and then you could even ceoss them to bring the traits you like inntightee or keeo seperate phenos like some people do. Some are better for extract some for flower. Also do not make the mistake and I made and throw a random bag seed into your no-till bed. I may be growing OG Skywalker or I may just be growing some extremely killer bagseed. Oh well I'm starting fresh and doing an old school line up. White Widow, Afghan Kush, Northern Lights, BlackBerry

This post might be a little ADD but I jumped.around to give more info while pulling up to a job.

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

If you want purp go with good genetics and I would recommend a 5 pack of fem or 10 pack reg. Make sure to get the phenos you desire.

Number each plant and clone all if them a w. Keep up with you're tagging. Once your take pictures and document each pheno and then smoke report you can grab the phenos you like and then you could even ceoss them to bring the traits you like inntightee or keeo seperate phenos like some people do. Some are better for extract some for flower. Also do not make the mistake and I made and throw a random bag seed into your no-till bed. I may be growing OG Skywalker or I may just be growing some extremely killer bagseed. Oh well I'm starting fresh and doing an old school line up. White Widow, Afghan Kush, Northern Lights, BlackBerry

This post might be a little ADD but I jumped.around to give more info while pulling up to a job.
Thanks for that info...

Yeah then i think i will just stick to getting one perfect harvest without making the plants time harder.
December I'm moving to the Eastern Cape to a farm :) So plenty of space and i must say, it is in the middle of nowhere.
Cops take over 24hours for a break in around that area.

Nice line-up... can't wait to see pictures.

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

That's beautiful

pretty plant for sure.
chris.

Needed that sleep.... thanks for the compliments... She was the "runt" back in the day.... that's how she ended up outside...
Who would have known.... will show how she looked back in the day

This was her on 28 April 17:
28Apr17 LST Elizabeth side

28Apr17 LST Elizabeth top

Then again 2 May 17:
2May17 LST Elizabeth

Then after this... roughly a week... i ran out of indoor space and she was the smallest... went outside to become what she is today.

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

ooooooooh found a video that i took on the 6 May 17:
(Snipping tool is amazing... Win 10's image viewer is pretty epic as well.... only found out last week if you open an image... click "edit" on the top right. you get a pretty decent image editor for uploading them to here....)

6 May 17   Elizabeth

Also a cool thing i noticed about my grow...
I liked to keep my plants.... neat... so i used to kind of twist the stem so all the leaves are on the same sides... Due to that.... the stems now have twists in them... was cool to see... haha

Top Bottom