Rehydrated Dry Weed, Now It Smells Like Grass Clippings / Hay??

• Thread starter AtotheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AtotheJ

Hello. I tried to rehydrate some dry weed (which was ostensibly already dried and cured). The weed was very flakey and crumbled when touched. I taped a folded up, damp coffee filter to the lid of my jar and let it sit overnight (approx 10 hrs). The weed is definitely more moist now and it no longer flakes or crumbles when touched. How, now it smells strongly like grass clippings. Any ideas? I think I over hydrated...can I just let it dry out again and be good to go?Or did I ruin it?

Thanks all!
-AtotheJ

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Hello. I tried to rehydrate some dry weed (which was ostensibly already dried and cured). The weed was very flakey and crumbled when touched. I taped a folded up, damp coffee filter to the lid of my jar and let it sit overnight (approx 10 hrs). The weed is definitely more moist now and it no longer flakes or crumbles when touched. How, now it smells strongly like grass clippings. Any ideas? I think I over hydrated...can I just let it dry out again and be good to go?Or did I ruin it?

Thanks all!
-AtotheJ
My guess would be that the bud was dried too fast and/or got too dry, and if it was that dry when you got it I would assume that's the problem. If I'm not mistaken the hay smell is from chlorophyll breaking down, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

The reason for curing is to allow the remaining moisture in the buds (when dried right, there will still be a certain amount of water left in them. Mostly in the center, since they dry from the outside in.) to spread through the rest of the jar to obtain a uniform moisture throughout. If let dry too much, there won't be enough water in the buds to get a good cure... since it was dry and crumbly when you got it, that could be a possibility.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
My guess would be that the bud was dried too fast and/or got too dry, and if it was that dry when you got it I would assume that's the problem. If I'm not mistaken the hay smell is from chlorophyll breaking down, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

The reason for curing is to allow the remaining moisture in the buds (when dried right, there will still be a certain amount of water left in them. Mostly in the center, since they dry from the outside in.) to spread through the rest of the jar to obtain a uniform moisture throughout. If let dry too much, there won't be enough water in the buds to get a good cure... since it was dry and crumbly when you got it, that could be a possibility.

Best to either dry in microwave or oven why wait?
Lol

johnlevy

johnlevy

I think you ruin your Weed dont try microwave to dry it if you want to De-moisturise please put it under direct sunlight it helps in maintain the original look and remove any odour if coming. if you don't get it back you can contact your nearby marijuana dispensaries for further information.

centralcoast

centralcoast

If your flowers are too dry, dump it out and layer it in a mason jar with some fresh fan leaves. Fill jar 1/4, add a couple leaves, add more flower, then a couple more leaves, etc. seal it up and after a while your fans will be dried up and your flowers will have some sponginess back. Not perfect but much better than flaky flowers.

Top Bottom