Request for help from Iraq vet _ NOT an herbal request

• Thread starter sky_blue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky_blue

sky_blue

This is kind-of crazy to ask, but I'm in S.Fe, and this is the NM forum.
I'm an Iraq vet, state legal but use sparingly, and I'm finishing my business degree in May.
Then I move back to the East coast.
Ultra-responsible, have $, references, etc.
I need to move (my landlord is extorting me for herb & cash).
I don't have enough of either to put up with this until May.
I don't want to grow. I can smoke outside. I just need to move.
If you can't help, I totally understand. It's crazy for me to even post this.
But, for some reason, I thought you might understand this unique situation.
The corporate-temp apts. are $70/nt. (so...that's out), I have a 10 lb chihuahua I saved from my landlords - housebroken, etc.
I can give a huge deposit.
Just thought I'd ask....
Thanks for reading all this.
--SB

blazer

blazer

That really sucks bro alot of shady people outthere ill keep my eyes peeled for you, planning on staying in SF til u split to the east.

sky_blue

sky_blue

That really sucks bro alot of shady people outthere ill keep my eyes peeled for you, planning on staying in SF til u split to the east.
__
Thanks, Blazer. It does suck. I had another thread about my landlord, and so many people strongly suggest going to the police. I have to wonder who these people are.
Facts get really confusing when police show up. The owner starts lying, the wife is crying that I did something (who knows what? doesn't matter), etc. etc. etc. lies,lies,lies.
Then things get stupid, everything is seized whether it's legal or not, and I think the homeowner and his wife would beat testimony from a renter - unless it could be proven - and that probably wouldn't even start that 1st night that the police would come in chaos.
I'd prob be forced to go rent a room at a motel somewhere. It could be a total wreck.
Then I have to get a lawyer even though I haven't done anything wrong.
I've seen it happen - child custody suits, greed bringing up domestic violence accusations,etc.
Best not to invite in a serious enforcement agency into a mixed-up situation
----especially--- as you know, in S.Fe. Where everyone knows someone (except me).
And-- yes, I plan on staying in NM until I go East in June or so, after graduation.
****If you hear of anything, I'd rather NOT live in S.Fe. I'd just like to be within an hour or so in case I need to get to school for something. I'd really like to just live up in the mountains or in the desert, just remote (but w/hi-speed internet). I don't want to grow, and I can smoke outside.
Sorry for all the detail --- hoping someone with a decent vibe will help & point me in the right direction on this...
(((BTW - lots available here to rent at $1200/mo., but I can't afford that now. I pay $600 now. I can pay up to $900 if everything is included, but I really don't want to pay that much unless it's the only choice. The extra will just further wreck my savings account....:eek:

Anyway, thanks for the reply and interest.
There is almost zero action on the NM site, so I wasn't expecting a whole lot.

Craigslist can be good, but it can also be a zoo - esp. here in S.Fe -- I spoke to a potential landlord yesterday - she wanted to know if I would be comfortable w/Wiccan ceremonies being done there at the house.
I don't know much at all about it, and I'm pretty flexible, but I don't want to wake up surrounded by candles and people in hoods.:D
So, that's a no-go...
((There were also other strong red-flags...))

Pls. spread the word if you know anyone cool. I'm older, extremely responsible, legal in every way, keep to myself, and I have plenty of money for a deposit. I have to take my Chihuahua with me though...

squiggly

squiggly

If I was out there you'd be welcome at my place any time dude--I hope someone else feels the same way about helping a vet.

Wish I had the opportunity to prove it to you--especially knowing the bullshit situation you're in with your landlord.

sky_blue

sky_blue

Thanks very much, Squiggly. I know that we're all in a "grey-area" even if we are state-legal, and I think that a lot of people just want to stay undercover. Natural instinct for survival.
But, like you told me once, you have to stand up at some point.
I'm in a tight spot, stressed,etc. - I thought maybe someone might have a suggestion or point me in a certain direction, but it's not happening just yet.

Really appreciate your input. I believe you'd help if we lived in the same state.:)
((( The ridiculous part is that, although I have PTSD issues, I have excellent personal and professional references going back to the 80's, and not perfect, but pretty good credit.))
I'd think that would make a difference to someone.
I'm only asking for a place to live for 6 months, I'm not trying to marry someone's daughter...;)
***If I can't figure it out by Jan. 1, I might just drop out of school and move. Stupid move. But, I have to get out of here. I can't even look at either of my landlords now. It's like I've gone beyond being able to pretend that we're all civil. They're like "trench-foot," if you've heard of that - originally got attention in Vietnam, but it continues until today. The stink is so bad that, even w/the person's shoes on w/2 prs. of socks, and after they just washed their feet, no one can stay in the area. It's actually pretty unbelievable that a foot could have such a stench.
((1 particular guy couldn't deploy because of trench foot in pre-deployement training. It's that bad. )) So -- pardon the length -- my landlords are my "trench-foot.":D

You're a good guy, Squiggly. If you can help even a little - spread the word - or whatever - I would very, very much appreciate it.

Thanks.
(BTW - I went to the most DOH/state-connected dispensary, always pretending to be so helpful as you walk out with mediocre $120 1/4s, asked if I could put up a note card on their bulletin board - just something vague to generate interest for my move - and the cashier & then one of the owners said that living arrangements between patients is private, and their dispensary cannot facilitate helping -- due to potential liability.
What a P.O.S. Crappy product, crappy people, crappy karma. ))
--sorry this is so long. Having trouble sleeping lately....

squiggly

squiggly

MY best advice would be to just close the grow, get a storage unit and put all your shit in it--and finish up school man.

Just put the weed shit to the side for a bit, gotta do what you gotta do. I agree that stopping 6 months ahead of graduation is a dumb move.

Don't make it. You can get through this either way, I know about school and stress a fair bit--and I've dealt with quite a bit of that this semester myself. I can't relate on the PTSD level, but I know what it's like to have a "trench-foot" situation (and I am aware of what trench-foot is :P).

Have you reached out to the VA or any such groups in your area? With such a short-term need, I'd like to think they'd be able to help you facilitate that. That's why they are there, man--don't catch yourself being too proud.

Good luck in either case man. If you can deploy you can get through this bullshit.

blazer

blazer

Like squiggly was mentioning the VA should be able to help you they have a program where they can house homeless vets not sure about details but a buddy of mine left his home and got in, he has mentalal health issues so he had to get out of similar situation, good luck sky blue let you no if I come up with anything!

sky_blue

sky_blue

Like squiggly was mentioning the VA should be able to help you they have a program where they can house homeless vets not sure about details but a buddy of mine left his home and got in, he has mentalal health issues so he had to get out of similar situation, good luck sky blue let you no if I come up with anything![/quote
_
Thanks for the thoughts, Blazer. I'm leaving the VA option as my last option.
I still have some resources.
BTW - This landlord is definitely aggravating my mental issues.:confused:

squiggly

squiggly

Wicca is a very peaceful religion. It's a bit out there--but I don't think it'd be anything you can't handle if you've been through a deployment and being robbed by a landlord.

blazer

blazer

Wicca is a very peaceful religion. It's a bit out there--but I don't think it'd be anything you can't handle if you've been through a deployment and being robbed by a landlord.

About a year or so ago some wiccan chick lured a guy to a secluded walking trail in our foothills and shanked him in the heart I think with a supposed ceremonial dagger! She said it was a attempted rape and she was defending herself at first, then it came out about the crazy dagger and that she was doing some wiccan thing and killed him she got convicted if I remember correctly ,crazy shit!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
This is kind-of crazy to ask, but I'm in S.Fe, and this is the NM forum.
I'm an Iraq vet, state legal but use sparingly, and I'm finishing my business degree in May.
Then I move back to the East coast.
Ultra-responsible, have $, references, etc.
I need to move (my landlord is extorting me for herb & cash).
I don't have enough of either to put up with this until May.
I don't want to grow. I can smoke outside. I just need to move.
If you can't help, I totally understand. It's crazy for me to even post this.
But, for some reason, I thought you might understand this unique situation.
The corporate-temp apts. are $70/nt. (so...that's out), I have a 10 lb chihuahua I saved from my landlords - housebroken, etc.
I can give a huge deposit.
Just thought I'd ask....
Thanks for reading all this.
--SB

PM me, please.

outwest

sky_blue

sky_blue

About a year or so ago some wiccan chick lured a guy to a secluded walking trail in our foothills and shanked him in the heart I think with a supposed ceremonial dagger! She said it was a attempted rape and she was defending herself at first, then it came out about the crazy dagger and that she was doing some wiccan thing and killed him she got convicted if I remember correctly ,crazy shit!
Yikes. Sexy, lesbian, witches?

squiggly

squiggly

If it involves stabbing someone, it is not a "wiccan" thing.

That's like saying blowing people up is a Muslim thing.

It's not, it's a crazy people thing.

sky_blue

sky_blue

squiggly

squiggly

That's totally fair enough--I meant in a more general sense.

Surely the Koran has harsh words in it, but so does the Christian bible. In THIS country--most Muslims fit the bill of what would've been called "god fearing" folk in times past.

The point is crazy is crazy, and people are always going to merge that with religion (I'll withhold why I think that is)--but it doesn't make the two one and the same. I'm sure there are exceptions, but there are always exceptions.

If I thought I was coming here to speak in absolutes and know it all, I'd be much more arrogant than most people perceive me to be :) The world over a large proportion of people are good, and even when they do crazy things sometimes--they are more victims to circumstance (geographical location, cultural norms) than they are to evil.

IE, most people do what they believe is right. Can we really ask more?

I don't think so. My only suggestion was that there's nothing in the Wiccan religion to suggest stabbing someone is a good plan. If there were a "black" magic, Wicca would represent the opposite of it--that's sort of their deal.

They're a bunch of nature hippies, truth be told.

The bitch stabbing hearts sounds nuckin' futs--all I'm saying. I wouldn't be immediately put off by what one obviously crazy bitch did.

sky_blue

sky_blue

My bad. Shouldn't even bring up religion. To each his own -- just don't hurt each other.

Actual - real - Separation of Church and State. That would stop 1/2 of U.S. problems.

420Gator

420Gator

unfortunately the VA wont do much/anything to help, Ive been down that road before. SB if youre in school Id go talk to the vets counselor youre more likely to get some help thru him

Latest posts

Top Bottom