Reveg harvested plant?

• Thread starter HappyTrailz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

Anybody ever reveg a flowered plant? I didn't take any clones and one of the seeds i flowered out is pretty amazing IMO... Plant was lolly popped so everything below was removed. From what i've read you need some popcorn left to make this happen?

Pisces

Pisces

Yup, you are right…it would have been best to have left a couple of small buds, lard, or popcorn on the plant after harvest in order for it to properly reverse the process.

If you chopped it all off the plant and there is nothing there to reverse, then unfortunately, you lost this pheno.

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

Yeah haven't chopped it yet! Would chop half the rootball off and repot also?

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

I usually chop at the base, guess i will chop some branches and leave a couple to try and save this pheno. Still have about 5 days or so.

Pisces

Pisces

when cutting the roots…i would only cut maybe a 1/3 off, then x-plant into some fresh soil

feed very lightly and keep the lights a good distance away at first so that root development can happen first.

Then cut away the funky growth that'll eventually happen, but be sure to leave any and all of the newer growth.

Within 4-6 weeks you should be seeing new tips and a vegging plant.

Good Luck~

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

when cutting the roots…i would only cut maybe a 1/3 off, then x-plant into some fresh soil

feed very lightly and keep the lights a good distance away at first so that root development can happen first.

Then cut away the funky growth that'll eventually happen, but be sure to leave any and all of the newer growth.

Within 4-6 weeks you should be seeing new tips and a vegging plant.

Good Luck~
I'm in rockwool croutons... will moving to soil work? Or should i keep it in the mini cubes? Also plan to leave under a T5 light unattended for about 4-5 days as i have to leave town. My RW runs on timer and allows me this freedom when needed. Thanks for help

Pisces

Pisces

I too grow in RW croutons with automation … check out my Skitty Bucket thread. :)

If you are already growing in RW, and have it dialed down, then I'd just x-plant into that instead of soil.

And, your most welcome!
Keep it Green!

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

I too grow in RW croutons with automation … check out my Skitty Bucket thread. :)

If you are already growing in RW, and have it dialed down, then I'd just x-plant into that instead of soil.

And, your most welcome!
Keep it Green!
Right on... think i will take off the 1/3 roots and put in fresh rw... Water before i leave town and set the timer to come on every 3rd day? I'm sure once i chop off most the plant/roots and reveg she won't drink very much?

Pisces

Pisces

Yup… your spot on again.
She won't drink hardly anything at all once she's been hacked at…

And yes, every third day will be perfect!

Again, just be sure to feed lightly and keep those lights a good distance at first.

S

ssteely71

I often take clones off of flowering plants. Occasionally I will take a clone/cutting very late in flower with success but I've never attempted a complete revegging of a harvested plant. But clip off a bud and clone it It will reward you with a very branchy multi topped bush .....eventually.

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

I often take clones off of flowering plants. Occasionally I will take a clone/cutting very late in flower with success but I've never attempted a complete revegging of a harvested plant. But clip off a bud and clone it It will reward you with a very branchy multi topped bush .....eventually.
Only have a few branches of solid bud... it's gonna be hard to get a clone. I'm hoping this reveg method will work...definitely post back in a few weeks with some results. Thanks for spitting knowledge ssteely!

M

motz

Only have a few branches of solid bud... it's gonna be hard to get a clone. I'm hoping this reveg method will work...definitely post back in a few weeks with some results. Thanks for spitting knowledge ssteely!
I also do it bass-ackwards,I like to flower the plant out and then decide whether or not,I keep it. Reveg,then I'll take my clones. Pisces is correct on everything,he put out to ya.That's how I do it also as far as revegging goes.

lollipopman

lollipopman

I noticed I didn't have my ghost rider so went into the flower room cut a small branch off cloned it. Now she is revegging. She was 6 weeks in flower.. Didn't take a pic of the bud but this is her 8 weeks in veg..

M

motz

@ssteely I can just imagine what that baby would look like. Rolling along with the tumbling tumbleweeds.Been there- do that.

S

ssteely71

These four lifesavers I just put into flower all are from clones taken during flowering. I revegged them for about 45 days and dropped back into flower. Going to be heavy yielders now.

Nice stuff.

To be clear: took cuttings and cloned untill rooted= 3weeks then vegged for 45 days. So theses plants nine weeks since they were cuttings. It takes awhile.

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
My 2 cents

a clone taken during flower is different that the revegging the whole plant.

the whole plant taken all the way to harvest is going to take a really long time to start growing again.

Ive tryed whole plants..and failed..probably because I gave up

But a small lower bud will root and reveg eventually

HappyTrailz

HappyTrailz

Itll def happen...just takes forever
This will work as i shut it down during the summer due to extreme temps. Running a t5 should be chill and by the end of summer hopefully it will good to go! Thanks Everybody

C

CBGB

Interesting topic here. I have a few questions.

Wouldn't a higher dose of N force the plant into producing growth hormones. I know if I hit a deep flowering plant with an alfalfa tea it would freak the hell out and shoot off new fruitless branches. It seem this would act the same way on the reveg process. Or would that just be to much for it and fry her? Maybe using a tea with out root pruning would speed up the process. Being able to push light and N it seems would get her metabolic rate up again forcing her to grow? Just some thoughts. I dont know I've never revegged a plant before.

I would also think foliar sprays with alfalfa teas would spark the want to grow. Or would that again just be too much for her to take.

Final question do those clones you take with buds on them ever get back to full veg power fast growth or are they then slowed for life?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Final question do those clones you take with buds on them ever get back to full veg power fast growth or are they then slowed for life?
Great ideas..the N and alfalfa teas sounds like they would help alot.
some of the buds I've cloned take forever(4 to 6 months) to look normal again
But those were not ideal conditions (i pretty much neglect them)

Top Bottom