root aphid damage pix

• Thread starter obsoul33t
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
ok i have searched and have found pix of the aphid itself but no pictures have been posted of the the damage to the plant looks like , can someone please post some pictures of the damage to the plant caused by these bugs ? pix of the damage can be very helpful to those trying to diagnose these

symbiote420

symbiote420

Sup Obs, truthfully I only experienced RAs in substrates that contained coir, sorry I don't have pics, I haven't had them for a long time since using peat mixes but some of the symptoms I had resembled a mix of calcium/potassium deficiencies, stunted growth, and a wilted look when properly watered! hope the helps and someone else chimes in with pics, good luck bro, I hate those fockers!

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I have a bad infestation in flower right now. The only signs above the soil were some yellowing, some rust spots and a bit of the claw. Motiv might be able to scrape up some pics for ya too. lil miss lone had a good thread with lots of pics but it's gone now. I think it used to be a sticky in the infirmary but I'm not sure what happened to it.

I have a recipe for the tea I was using in my current grow log. It seemed to knock 'em back just enough to get through the run with minimal signs of damage. Once I chop I'll be treating the soil beds with exciteR, Evergreen and DE. All my veg and moms will be hit with Bayer Tree and Shrub and Spectracide.

1. 4 gals bubbled tap water
2. 4 TBSP Root pack, 4 TBSP Nute pack, 4 TBSP Foliar pack (Capulators bennies)
3. 100ml earth juice hi-brix molasses
4. Stocking full of 8 cups General Organics Humisoil
5. 1 to 1.5 handfuls Alfalfa meal
6. 50ml Liquid Kelp
7. 2 cups Insect Frass
8. 1 cup Organic Bountea Bioactivator
9. 1 cup Organic Bountea Fungal Activator

IMG 9939
IMG 9954
IMG 9955
IMG 0086
IMG 0235
IMG 0359
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
^^^ plus one for erthing Delae said!!

Obs i realize u asked for pixs that would aid in dignosees not how to treat for RAs, and in my humble opinion pixs wont really help much, ive had RAs a few times now and everytime, with the same or diffrent strains, the plants look very diffrent in terms of defficiencies and overall health.
The one common thing ive seen is the RUST SPOTS! Even with the eventual yellowing of leaves, they seem to die off in diffrent ways.
Hope i was able to help, and big ups on those firre strains u the daddy of!!!
Confu.
Confu.

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Are you adding the frass at the end of the brew? I'm mixing it in my soil as well.

outwest

The frass is new to me so I just used it in my teas and top dresseds the beds with the contents of the brew stocking. From here on out I'll be mixing it into the soil when I re amend my beds.

sox

sox

The frass is new to me so I just used it in my teas and top dresseds the beds with the contents of the brew stocking. From here on out I'll be mixing it into the soil when I re amend my beds.

careful how much you mix in, i did a little test with layers of diff stuff mixed in the soil..and heavy frass had the least root growth, i think its best as a top dress to be watered in over time. just my 2c

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
careful how much you mix in, i did a little test with layers of diff stuff mixed in the soil..and heavy frass had the least root growth, i think its best as a top dress to be watered in over time. just my 2c

Good to know. Thanks sox!

green punk

green punk

delae632 said "lil miss lone had a good thread with lots of pics but it's gone now. I think it used to be a sticky in the infirmary but I'm not sure what happened to it."

WTF? That single thread had more "real" info than 90% of the threads here combined. That thread is what brought me to the farm. I had never even looked up anything pertaining to weed on the net, ever until then. That thread is what opened my eyes to all the cool people and kickass growers sharing here on the farm. Seriously WTF? There are so many BS threads with shit talk and back patting and complimenting that have zero actual info.

BOO! BOO!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Oh that's to bad. Wife worked hard on in. It looks like a PH problem that you cant correct followed by dying off of foliage from the bottom up. Also you can pull the root ball out out the pot and they will leave a white waxy substance on the roots. I might still have pics when I get home. Merit75 is badass just need something else so they don't get immune to it.

A

atomic punk

ok i have searched and have found pix of the aphid itself but no pictures have been posted of the the damage to the plant looks like , can someone please post some pictures of the damage to the plant caused by these bugs ? pix of the damage can be very helpful to those trying to diagnose these

Hello all,
I'm new here but have looked arounda couple hours tonight and have found that CAPULATOR has the answer to the RA problem if anyone knows how myself or anyone can purchase some of his beneficials please let me know ASAP. I;m at wits end and suffering the same problem, numerous attemts to eradicate to no avail. CAPULATOR please help.
Thanks, Atomic Punk

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Obs, whats up big dog. I pray that you are starting this thread for informational purposes and not because you think you may have Root Aphids as they are NO fun. i'll see what i can find in my old pics as I had a hellacious battle with RA, but i didnt take many pics during that period as i absolutely hated the way my plants looked. However several of the descriptions above are correct. Early leaf yellowing, rust spots, necrosis, are all part of it. Basically if you start seeing a bunch deficiencies when you know you shouldnt have them its a good time to start lookibg at your root zones and yellow sticky traps for the RA bastards. If you pull a suspect plant you should be able to see them on your roots. Roots will also look brown or even clear as theyve been drained and fed on by the RA. Also you will begin to see the white substance that they leave behind while they are feeding. Definitely use sticky traps around your plants to catch the RA flyers and help in identifying them. Capulators bennies in a tea, predatory nematodes, Insect Frass, are all good organic ways to control them. Imidicloprid products like Bayer tree and Shrub (systemic, chemical insecticide) as well as Spectracide/ Triazicide will kill them, but are a bit on the gnarly side. MANY of us here either have or have had RA, so hopefully together we can get a good set of pics and info together here for you and others. Best of luck to ya brotha. Peace out Obs and all! Motiv

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Hello all,
I'm new here but have looked arounda couple hours tonight and have found that CAPULATOR has the answer to the RA problem if anyone knows how myself or anyone can purchase some of his beneficials please let me know ASAP. I;m at wits end and suffering the same problem, numerous attemts to eradicate to no avail. CAPULATOR please help.
Thanks, Atomic Punk
Send Cap a pm if you can, he'll get you squared away. Smart choice, his bennies rock! Best of luck to you A.P.
Peace! Motiv

A

atomic punk

Send Cap a pm if you can, he'll get you squared away. Smart choice, his bemnnies rock! Best of luck to you A.P.
Peace! Motiv

Thanks, Motiv, stupid question what is a PM how and where do i send it. I work a lot and don't get home till after 10:00 pm and havn't had much time to learn the ins and outs of this site,

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Thanks, Motiv, stupid question what is a PM how and where do i send it,
A "pm" is a private mail. Actually they are now called "conversations" here now. At the top right of your screen you will see your inbox, click on it, click start new conversation, type in capulator (or whoever u want to talk to), type a message and send.

Not sure how new you are but you may/may not have that privledge yet, i honestly cant remember when you get that privledge here. You could always type a reply in Caplulator's thread about his bennificials as well. Hope that helps, if not, let me or a mod know and we'll try to help you further. Peace bro, good luck! Motiv

Latest posts

Top Bottom