Rooting Clones With Aloe

• Thread starter LadyBuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LadyBuds

LadyBuds

I have been told that aloe is a great rooting gel for taking cuts. I have never used this method before, but I took my first cuts today using it. Does anyone else have any experience using aloe straight from the plant as a rooting gel and what were your results?

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

have heard Aloe can be used but never tried it

have also heard Willow water and honey can be used.

I have been told that aloe is a great rooting gel for taking cuts. I have never used this method before, but I took my first cuts today using it. Does anyone else have any experience using aloe straight from the plant as a rooting gel and what were your results?

stiffneck

stiffneck

Yep... works great. This clone was about 12 days from cutting off mother. Just tap water and aloe Vera pieces from the Plant out front.... I just squeeze the gel out into the water... easy peasy
IMG 20170822 045637

LadyBuds

LadyBuds

Nice root system stiffneck. I took a little different approach with the Aloe. Testing different techniques with the aloe, this run I broke down the gel from inside the aloe plant and put in a jar in a gel form but broken down. I dipped my cuts in the aloe gel and then into my grow medium. Took 200 cuts this way yesterday, I will let you know how they turn out. The biggest issue I face is no controlled clone room so the temps are hot and low humidity during the day and low temps and low humidity at night. Oh and this is GG#4 not RB.

IMG 4168
stiffneck

stiffneck

Thanks LadyBuds! Mine are just sitting in the garage... no dedicated room either... so they get the hot and cold treatment also...

I was pretty surprised I had about 20 clones I think and only one didn't root. It probably would have if I left it though.. I bet yours will do just fine!

stiffneck

stiffneck

Ever tried just rooting in plain water?
I have and I did get some to root. It took a while though as they were just sitting in a cup o water.... The set up I have for clones now is a aquaponic system that sits on top of a 20 gallon tank. No fish now just aloe Vera pieces floating in the water... I bet the system would root clones now with just tap water but aloe from my plant out in the front yard seems to speed things up a great deal...
IMG 20170727 081643

chillywilly

chillywilly

Yeah ...used George s aloe... a distilled aloe...works great...
cw...

Top Bottom