Rso Sludge, Now What?

• Thread starter OldSmokie76
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I made some RSO like material using ethanol and evaporated the alcohol. The tincture sat for months. I recently allowed it to passively evaporate in an exhausted cabinet over the span of a few days without heat. The end result is pictured below. This is just a small portion of the original tincture. As the tincture did not turn out very potent, I plan to evaporate the rest. End result, probably about ten times this little blob. My question is, can I produce an e juice from this sludge and which product is gonna be best to do so. I understand the PG, VG mixture. I also have seen the liquidizer products. Terpene products a liquidizer too or just for flavors? I'm new to the concentrates and processing them. I'm trying to use this RSO sludge, then figure out what to do with about a pound of misc accumulated material in the near future. Any concentrate suggestions farmers?

Rso sludge now what
Rso sludge now what 2
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Maaan, i looked into this vape juice thing too. First of all, you need to winterize the solution to get rid of any lipids.
Also i read in vg/pg mix or any other mixes the solution does not homogenize. So they will not stay mixed. There are some emulsifiers (i think thats what you call liquidizers) just for this purpose but their price is just absurd.
So i decided if i ever want to vape something concentrated, rosin was the way to go.
Hope you find a better answer than i did. If you do i might give it another shot. :)

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Ultimately, rosin press is ideal. Solventless extraction is goal. I'm just about two years into growing on the regular and have a boatload of tidbits that are jarred and sitting. I figured the vape cartridges are a novel item to have available for friends and myself. I tried the tincture thing and I now am evaporating that to this sludge concentrate. I've seen a video of using RSO sludge and adding tasty terps liquidizer product. Seemed simple enough, just looking for insider knowledge. I get the separation thing. Experienced that with some black market cartridges. Separated before a week of use. Don't know where I'm going with this, but I'm searching for something to do with this sludge first, then a primary method of processing all the scraps. I mean, like a pound from the last two years. It's awful. In a way. If I can make something other than butter it would be great. Lol

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Yeah thats it. You can do qwiso or replace iso with ethanol. With tincture there are much higher lipid and wax content because alcohols strips everything as it sits. These are not “smokable”. A quick was with iso and winterize and let it evoporate. The remainin stuff is shatter, budder etc. etc.
I’m not really well versed on the subject but there is information on the farm. I would look into qwiso, qwet for anything to vaporize. Lipids and waxes are no good for inhaling.
Again not an expert just done some small batch qwiso and qwet once or twice. But it is vapeable :)

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Sounds about right. I've watched a few videos on the quick rinses and the absence of the solids. Iso more than ethanol? I've heard ethanol is lesser of evils. I'll do a little more research on those methods before I attempt. As for this sludge... There is a product that claims to turn RSO sludge into vapeable product. Really pricey. Not interested. I'll stick with PG/VG for starts. Thought maybe filtering the tincture more prior to evap to pull more solids. If it seems clean I'll try a small batch with PG/VG. Seen another video evaporating a tincture in this manner. Send legit. It's on YouTube. Has to be. Hahahaha. Anyway, I have supplies coming soon. I'll let you know how it goes.

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Yeaeeeeeaaaaaaaaah, RSO sludge no good for ejuice. Solids and waxes from sitting so long. Very subtle effects. Filtered it 3 more times removing lots of material. Gonna just evap it down to concentrated tincture and use in gummies maybe. Next time, qwet. Definitely want a cleaner material for carts.

Kepp89

Kepp89

go buy some tylenol with the cap ends
remove the caps
fill 1 cap with rso
pinch the cap and slide it into the other end of the cap
take an rso pill

worked wonders for me. can buy alone capsules but if you buy the tylenol ones you have tylenol to use after the caps are re-purposed

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I do straight rso as a med, ingest.
Qwiso is better for vape product and leftover product you can still make rso or a tincture.
You can use VG as a solvent to, slow( boil )after a soak in product. It’s smokable but man it’s better as a tincture

Top Bottom