• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shamus

Shamus

I only have a cheap USB microscope and im not seeing any insects
just dead pistols :(
View attachment 427358
maybe my microspoe isnt strong enough

that pic looks like it has a normal spider mite in it.. but i dont think thats what causing the issue

wish u luck.. hoep they get better with a quickness and its not the dreaded russet.

wonder if any yahoos have males outdoors around you.. maybe a mix of pollination and heat?

SunGrown

SunGrown

The russet mite ID may be right, look under the leaf near the area where all the veins meet at a point, look real close with a microscope like already said cause it will just look like dirt or something, but with the scope you should see what looks like millions of little tiny worms if that is what it is....unfortunately the only thing I know that has worked for folks is avid...

I hope I am wrong brother

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
The russet mite ID may be right, look under the leaf near the area where all the veins meet at a point, look real close with a microscope like already said cause it will just look like dirt or something, but with the scope you should see what looks like millions of little tiny worms if that is what it is....unfortunately the only thing I know that has worked for folks is avid...

I hope I am wrong brother
Thanks .. I will keep looking..

SpiderK

SpiderK

well it does not thrive at 100 compared with 70's w/ 70% humidity outdoor ....

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I have Pirate bugs and their nymphs running around..
Piratebug
Piratebugnymph

I wonder what it is they are eating..cant see anything else

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
vinegar works, but isn't stable. So mix your res or tank and dump it all at once
Thanks I have a big jar of Citric acid I can use to lower it too.
But Yeah, I better get this PH meter calibrated
The solutions i have are really old

SunGrown

SunGrown

3rd pic down in your OP really looks like potato mite signs(russet)

I need to look up those bugs you show here, but russets are teeny tiny little fuckers

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
what should he do if its russets .....
...... I don't want to freak Ken out.... Ken don't freak at this answer.... You may not even have this pest. If you find that you indeed have them, freak out then.

My indoor garden was largely ruined by the russets, had to trash over half the harvest. Anything not directly under lights at the top of the canopy was eaten to death- no resin production at all. Then in many of the good looking buds, the dead mites+ mite waste molded out a fair amount of the salvaged product. I made oil from it so I could salvage it- the Pyrex had a layer of mites on it between the oil- whereby the slab of oil kind of slid along the surface of the Pyrex once it hardened. So disgusting. I then destroyed all my vegging plants instead of using miticides, for reasons I'll explain.

Outdoor looked far healthier through the season. Produced big fat buds- with no resin. Out of 6 plants taller than me I harvested about a half pound that looked at least salvageable- made bho from it and got about 3 grams.
Pitiful.
The rest was trashed- not even fit for compost IMO.

@lino mentioned how CO Native Americans would burn their hemp when it displayed those signs- someone else already posted the link to that thread. I was concerned about diseases vectored by the mites as well, so I just trashed everything from that season. It was a big hit but better than having it spread to another season, or a friend for that matter.
You can be sure my standards and practices for taking in new plants was wholly modified after that incident.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
aww fuck :hungover:..Thanks for reply's you guys.
Yeah, I dont think its the heat doing this to them..Ive grown in the heat before
Some plants have taco leaf without the dying pistols
Other plants have the red dying pistols without the taco leafs
while others have both.
Sorry to read about the probs ken, is it on all the bud sites? And from top to bottom or just the top parts?
on some plants the tops look better that the rest of the plant
others its the same everywhere.

what a bummer..

Shamus

Shamus

In they sell some kind of acid at auto stores that works.. ik it sounds crazy. I'll try and find what I'm talking about

Latest posts

Top Bottom