Rust spots on leaves!! help!

• Thread starter bueno
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bueno

Ok guys so i have a grow room with about 10 plants and 1 of my ladies has a bunch of lil red spots on them the leaves look heaalthy other then all the lil red rust spots its really trippin me out i dont know what to do

growing in soil
Fox farm products ocean soil
nutrients-big bloom and grow big
temp is about 70-78
humidity 30-50
6x4 room
1000 watt light
good air circulation
about a 4 weeks in vegg

i will take pictures tonight and post tomorrow but if you have any idea please anything will help!!!

:help:

Rust spots on leaves help
Rust spots on leaves help 2
Rust spots on leaves help 3
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
What is the PH of your nutrient solution and the ph of your runoff? Did you add any dolomite lime to the soil? are you using R/O water? If so you will need to add some cal/mag to it.

B

bueno

i dont have a ph meter and i water my plants with fresh filtered water .....no i didnt add dolomite lime to the soil.....i did a flush to see if that would work but im not sure if it helped i will check as soon as lights go on ill try checking the ph also how do i add cal/mag??

P

punkadc

hi bueno, im not 100% positive but when i had a problem similar to this, it was pH related... im growin in coco, so its a little different, but i think your pH might be a bit high... i get the feeling Rootbound was thinking the same.... hopefully somebody more experienced than myself will chime in for ya!

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Bueno, The lime helps out with buffering your soils ph and it adds some calcium. I always had to add it to my Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil( 2 tbs. per gallon).Rust spots seems to make me think that it is calcium related. Either from the ph or the lack of calcium from filtered water. Is your water Reverse osmosis filtered or just carbon filtered? It will say on the label if it is Reverse osmosis-R/O. RO water is great, but you need to add some micro nutrients( cal/mag) back in too it. ROOT

B

bueno

soooo i got home today from work and took a look at it it got worse there just spots everywhere but whats trippin me out it looks healthy its a lil light green but other than that its not wilting or drying up or anything .....ok i also heard neem oil might help ?? what do you think?? ill hit up the hydro shop tomorrow and ask about the lime .....the water i get is the machines that you see in front of grocery stores i fill up the 5 gal jugs it says it has calcium filter and all these other one blah blah blah but who knows ???

i tried taking pictures but you cant see it on the pictures ...sorry my camera blows!! lol

let me know if you thiink of anything else

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
You can get dolomite lime at any garden stores and some harware stores. If the water is out of a machine than it is definately RO water. You need to pick up some calmag. 1 teaspoon per gallon. Neem oil,? Have you looked for insects such as spider mites? Neem oil is used for insect control. Is this plant from seed? If so, it is probably more sensitive than the others. If its a clone than the other clones will start to show the same thing shortly. Fox farm nutes are great but I always had to use ph up to get within range of 6.3 - 6.6. That is one of the benefits of lime also, you can have a wider ph swing with you nutrients and the lime buffers or corrects the ph some. Good luck,, ROOT

F

FastForward

I just had a LST/TMV scare and I think it was pH related. If it still persists after a couple of fresh feeds then it might be fungal, otherwise I'd hold fire, flush and see....

B

bueno

yea i know neem oil is for sprider mites but he said you can use it for anything but i was a lil hesatent but ill pick up some of that lime stuff today....and over night the spots got even worse now there rust spots and grey patches i really dont wanna lose my purple kush!!!! ill flush again and then use the lime stuff ill keep everone posted!

B

bueno

allright guys i posted pic they suck but hey its something but it looks worse in person then in the pictures!

V

viper1951

here is a picture and some info if this looks close
this is out of the marijuana garden saver book great to have, this picture is of a severe case hope it helps

Img044
B

bueno

nah it doesnt look like that my plant has turned a light yellow with light shades of grey patches

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

my guess also is PH issue. I have 3 palnts in my grow right now and had a simular issue with only one of the 3 plants. The spots started on one leaf and within a week it had spread to several of the older growth leaves. The issue was PH. That strand just happened to be more sensative to it than the other 2. You won't solve the issue unless the the water you flush with is PH balanced. Plants can't absorb nutrients unless they stay in a certain PH nad the damage will look like all kinds of defencies (actually it is a defency called nute lock out) If you corect the PH problem then feed gently, you will be able to salvage then. I never realized how important PH was untill this grow. Good luck to you

B

Busta22

here is a picture and some info if this looks close
this is out of the marijuana garden saver book great to have, this picture is of a severe case hope it helps

Hey Viper who is the author to that book?

D

DK83

I also noticed small rust spots on my leaves. I'm running 6.3-6.7 on the pH. A buddy of mine that grows said a spraying of water and hydrogen-peroxide mixed 50/50 will help against any rot. I used neem oil so I think its a nutrient deficiency. My plant food is 20-20-20 (got a late start). Any other solutions to stop the rust?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What the OP was depicting back on '09 was a classic calcium deficiency. Once it's to that point, you can only stop it from progressing, can never reverse what's already damaged.

JAWS

JAWS

6 post up VIPER showed a pic from a book, does any one know where I can get a copy of that book?.

thank you;)

D

DK83

If I have the girls outside in the day, and where the days are getting shorter, is it ok to use bright white flourescents at night to get the proper amount of light?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yep. They won't really contribute much to photosynthesis, but they'll keep the plants in a vegging state for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom