Schrom: odd growth, possible Hermie, pollen sacks with pistils??

• Thread starter Mystre.Pharmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

IS she a hermie?

• NO, definetly not

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Probably not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
M

Mystre.Pharmer

Greetings Phellow Pharmers! tis I Mystre Pharmer.
I've been away for awhile, getting things done. long story short (story for another time) im in a new place with all new girls.

Im currently growing: Cali-O, Island Sweet Skunk, Sour Kush, Jedi Kush, Uber Kush & Schrom (Shrom?)

and anyway, Ive uploaded some pictures here to get some opinions if i could.

Firstly check out the odd growth on these schroms... its a leaf growing at the leaf site. haha I've seen a picture of this kinda thing ONCE. I never thought I'd get to see it in real life lol.

Schrom odd growth possible hermie pollen sacks with pistils

ok now the problem. there are what i think are pollen sacks starting to grow... its day 14 the rooms temps are not higher then 82F, humidity is about 35% in there there are zero light leaks, they are being fed the lucas formula at 7.7/15 per gallon of water. (instead of 8 micro/16 bloom incase that confused you. i topped a couple but some were left untouched and they even show the same characteristics.

they appear to be "ball sacks" but what confuses me is that there are a few that seem to be sprouting pistils from said "ball sacks". as far as i know thats not possible... plants can be Male, Female, and hermaphrodites... but the boy parts on a female plant cant be hermies too... wouldn't that make her a hermie hermie? lol. i dunno.My experience with hermies is ZERO, and I've never had to work with males before (when i grew from seeds i chucked the males when i found em never watched them grow.).

Schrom odd growth possible hermie pollen sacks with pistils 3

Schrom odd growth possible hermie pollen sacks with pistils 4

Schrom odd growth possible hermie pollen sacks with pistils 5

Schrom odd growth possible hermie pollen sacks with pistils 6

Schrom odd growth possible hermie pollen sacks with pistils 8

Schrom odd growth possible hermie pollen sacks with pistils 10

Schrom odd growth possible hermie pollen sacks with pistils 11

Not all of the 'sacks' are sprouting pistils tho:
in this one. one is pushing out a pistil, and the other near my finger is not (altho its not doing anything really)

Schrom odd growth possible hermie pollen sacks with pistils 7

and these obviously have no pistils:

Schrom odd growth possible hermie pollen sacks with pistils 12

and this one looks like a pollen sack to me:

Schrom odd growth possible hermie pollen sacks with pistils 2

Schrom odd growth possible hermie pollen sacks with pistils 9

so Im a newbie when it comes to marijuana thats not female lol.

all the Schroms looked soo awesome too, they were dense, short/compact, they looked like they wanted to put on LOTSa weight.. then this happened. im pretty sure they are hermies, but i dont wanna do anything till i get some more trusted opinions.

also, anyone have experience with just plucking the pollen sacks off a hermie and vegging her like a girl? i can spend the time to pluck em (granted im aware that getting 100% is probably not possible). but i dont want to waste my time... if that makes sense. if its worth it ill do it everyday, if it not then ill juss kill them. it sucks tho because its all the schroms, they all show the same characteristics. she seems very mutated, i didnt stress her much at all.

i hope they are female, but honestly I dont think they are anymore, which sucks cuz all the schroms must of been taken from the same mum cuz they all are doing the same thing... even the mutated leaf thing.

If i pluck all the sacks and try and keep em, what are the odds of the rest of the crop getting seeded? its fine if only ther Schrom seed themselves, but id prefer not to seed the other plants (its a four light room and these only make up prolly 1/8th of the room)

any tips, advice, personal stories would be appreciated.

-Mystre.Pharmer

i might be starting a grow journal here soon :) im just soo busy
P.S. its now a sealed room with 4 1k lights. and I no longer have my SD13 :( sad story but shit happens.

M

Mystre.Pharmer

here are some more pictures to help:
(check out the other leaf on the right... the mutation)

DSCN1965

Here is a cluster... im thinking its obvious? its worth noting... I topped her right above that cluster.

DSCN1967

This one kinda looks like nanners in that sack right?

DSCN1969

umm, hard to tell, but i dont think those pistils belong to that "sack" i think its the flower in the background... but i must of taken this picture for a reason... who knows.

DSCN1973

I think they are hermies, but there are some strange things going on here too...

southstreets

southstreets

Never had a issue with the schrom herming.. Any light leaks or stress?

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
hermies bro...3rd pic from bottom is a dead give away. sry to tell you the bad news

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
plants look stressed to me..some pale colors behind the nice green

M

Mystre.Pharmer

thanks for the reply, ya i figured they are hermies. the clusters were a very sad site when i saw them at first...

any thoughts on the balls with pistils tho? this strain i was given seems particularly mutation-y

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
thanks for the reply, ya i figured they are hermies. the clusters were a very sad site when i saw them at first...

any thoughts on the balls with pistils tho? this strain i was given seems particularly mutation-y
not sure..but i have seen a couple different mutations this last year..

M

Mystre.Pharmer

stressed how? their nutrients were juss changes today, they were on the lighter side of feedings. I was getting ready to add the netting to keep the rest of the girls canopy even, and i didnt wanna blast them with full strength till i did that. all the other strains are loving the room and environment, and i did nothing different to the Schrom then any of the other strains... honestly the guy i got all these strains from was a complete moron and i wouldnt be surprised if he just cloned his hermies and gave em to me! :(

M

Mystre.Pharmer

Never had a issue with the schrom herming.. Any light leaks or stress?

"ok now the problem. there are what i think are pollen sacks starting to grow... its day 14 the rooms temps are not higher then 82F, humidity is about 35% in there there are zero light leaks, they"

nope no light leaks, they were the most aggressive outta all the strains... isnt that a trait of hermies too? faster/earlier development?

Also, i guess these might not be Schrom, i dont really trust the dude i got all these from... but this strain is the only one with issues, all the rest are looking immaculate.

anyone have thoughts on if i should take the time to pluck the sacks or juss toss em?

M

Mystre.Pharmer

oh... i thought i would add, this schrom strain i got (who knows if its what it is really) had what i refer to as tomatoe leaves (the single leaf not typical marijuana shaped leaves) when i first got it, they grew only one or two after they rooted and started to grow, then growth was normal, reminded me of some Sour Kush i grew forever ago.
... juss documenting everything i can think of, because theres not much info on these kinda things. and mutations are interesting (i almost want to grow them out to see what they'll look like and what'll happen) hopefully others will learn from these pics and info :)

so its pretty clear these plants are hermies :( ... so now what? ive worked for years with literally only females... males and hermies i know nothing about really..anyone ever keep hermies and cut off the sacks as they appear? id honestly rather keep them if it means bud, i dont mind the extra work to pluck them everyday... atleast i dont think i would lol. the schrom group is the smallest group in the grow room (but contain one of the best looking plants (tops, plethora of branches, TONS of bud sites... bud sites everywhere. if i had to remove em all id only loose a few plants...

but i really dont want the rest of my plants to seed, if the schroms only seed themselves i dont care... personally its easy to pick out seeds for me from personal stash lol. But i dont wanna waste my time tho... if people know for a fact that plucking pollen sacks will keep my others from seeding ill attempt to do it, but if not ill have to trow these ladies out :(

I cant find much information on mmj thats not about just females.Maybe im just wishing there were options to take... like i said ealier, i think im just in denial because i really want to smoke some Schrom lol.

coloradochem

coloradochem

not much you can do. the herms will keep coming, they will be in the pits of braches, in the buds, on the buds. by keeping this plant alive you are seriously risking you sensi crop. trying to pluck the balls off of a plant that is that young is going to be a exercise in futility!!! sounds like you need to find you a new schrom cut. also the single "tomato" leaves come from cloning a strain over and over, it can also come from a reveg plant. no biggie.

M

Mystre.Pharmer

not much you can do. the herms will keep coming, they will be in the pits of braches, in the buds, on the buds. by keeping this plant alive you are seriously risking you sensi crop. trying to pluck the balls off of a plant that is that young is going to be a exercise in futility!!! sounds like you need to find you a new schrom cut. also the single "tomato" leaves come from cloning a strain over and over, it can also come from a reveg plant. no biggie.

thanks ColoradoChem. I never knew that the tomato leaves come from cloning a strain over and over or a reveged plant. i love learning new stuff.

I guess i knew this awhile ago... i should kill them :(

.. and i guess i will. you have a good point, these are young hermies not turned hermies due to environment stress near the end of harvest, it would be a constant uphill battle trying to keep these from seeding. i guess i just needed to hear it from other people :(

thanks everyone for contributing.

Happy Pharming!

coloradochem

coloradochem

its really hard to do sometimes. :( Good luck with everything else mang!

jimbooo

jimbooo

Agreed with them being hermies. Tough luck, never pleasant to have that happen.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Whaddup Mystre.Pharmer! That's a hermie for sure... Kick those cuts to the curb and save yourself the time, stress, and accidental pollination...

w00dy

w00dy

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry about your shemales, it sucks but it happens..
Do whats best and move on, theres always something just as good if not better to come along..

Latest posts

Top Bottom