Sealed Room Vs Vented

• Thread starter XDM9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

XDM9

Hey guys so i would like to know from everyone’s experience if you had 4-15’x15’x8’ room if you would seal it or vent it and can you have a sealed room with non air cooled lights, the light of choice is 6/750 gavita de. Thanks and hope to read your thoughts

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

A lot of ppl grow sealed with non a.c. hoods. You'l need a good mini split to combat the heat for sure. I' in an 8x12 sealed room. I use a.c. hoods.

X

XDM9

If i was to run thoes de at 600watts at 10 lights per room wouldn’t that produced alot of heat, would for sure need a 1 ton mini split per room or am i wrong plus the heat from the co2 burner

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Yes on the heat

By dimming down bulbs, your sacrificing proper light kelvin/spectrum, as well as bulb life.

I don' remember what the rule of thumb is petaining to matching a.c. to but heat.

X

XDM9

Agreed but if ceiling height is to low and wattage is maxed out then your going to burn the tips of the plant and give the plants heat stress if tou cant cool it fast enough

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

8' is the "safe canopy height. Some go lower with good results. I' pass on the gravitas, as I'm 100% partial to cmh. I pull 1lb with only 315w cmh. Mist growers n3ed 600 to 1k to do the same.

So scratch the gravitas, and go all 630 cmh, or multiple 315w hoods. I use 4 in flower and fn kill it every run.

X

XDM9

I get to good of a price to pass up on the gavitas at the same time thoes lights adjust from 400 to 875 watts

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Your still sacrificing light spectrum and bulb life. Sorry, those 2 alone are a much needed aspect for growing.

Save money by buying grvitas only to not get the most out of the units. Imo, why even bother growing. Your going to short yourself come harvest and be disappointed.

Think of it like this. When it' feeding time for your plants, would you feed as normal, or just 25% feed strength when they need 100% for optimal growth?

X

XDM9

thanks for the input.and actually yeah you would start small on feeding going full bore would kill your plants.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I' just trying to explain dimming down a bulb sacrifices bulb life $, spectrum the plant needs, and final harvest weight and quality. So imo, it' pointless, even if you got the gavitas for free, I still wouldn' set my room up that way.

Freshone

Freshone

Hes not sacrificing spectrum or anything else at all running 6/750 gavitas on 600,thats why they made them,they are just as efficient either way and are one of the few lamps you can say that about.
As far as weight less than a week ago i took down a 4x8 with a 750 in the middle and a 315 on each end and the buds directly under the gavita were almost twice the size as those under the 315s.Not a true test as the lighting was mixed,just an observation that anyone would make when they walked in the room.

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

if theyre not air cooled you will deffinatly need a mini split ac. gavitas will burn hot and raise the temps hella. you can get away with a little heat like 80 plus if you're running co2 with the sealed room which i guess is a given since its sealed. id say go vented

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I didn' know gavitas were that light efficient to sae spectrum dimmed down. That's a hellof a feature.

Freshone

Freshone

I didn' know gavitas were that light efficient to sae spectrum dimmed down. That's a hellof a feature.
The 6/750s(philips greenpower bulb)were designed just for that,i dont think the 1000 can make that claim or even the 6/750 when dimmed beyond 600.You are right with dimming though,dimming changes spectrum 99% of the time for the worse(not sure if LED is the same?).

Dizzy Weasel

Dizzy Weasel

Loves Eating Tacos
Supporter
If i was to run thoes de at 600watts at 10 lights per room wouldn’t that produced alot of heat, would for sure need a 1 ton mini split per room or am i wrong plus the heat from the co2 burner
i feel the spectrum on those are better as I always seem to want to raise the 1k de's or turn them down (negativity effecting spectrum), those are nice lights for the right show, without ac hoods you would want a 30,000btu/2.5ton split ac unit bare minimum for cooler climates from my encounters the next size up would be ideal

Gr0wTech

Gr0wTech

As long as you keep your canopy to 3 feet you can get them up to 1000k. Also, wide reflectors will allow closer to 2 and a half feet. But 2.5-3 tons sounds about right for 10x 600's with a burner and a dehumidifier. But if you have 10x 1000k you'll need 4 tons with a dehumidifier and burner. Make sure your lights aren't closer than 5 feet from each other from the wide angles or you'll burn your plants. Vented will always be more trouble without a lot of foresight, because... bugs, condensation, mold spores, controlling your temp and humidity can be a challenge, especially during the hottest and coldest months. During hot months it's temp, in cold months it's humidity. Plus in a vented room your co2 will always cost you much more. 6x 1000W would be 3 tons.

Top Bottom