Seed Ready, Trichomes Clear, Pistils Brown And Curly

• Thread starter Jardiniere50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jardiniere50

Jardiniere50

This is my first grow and I have a question that I haven't found a definitive answer for anywhere on the web. I have silver haze growing indoors. The plants are 9 weeks into flower. I found one top cola with a mature seed today (seed brown, seed pod open, seed ready to fall out). The pistils of this cola are brown and curly, no new pistils. The trichomes are pretty much all crystal clear. So my question is of course about harvesting. Since the seed was ready, is this an indication the cola is ready, despite the clear trichomes? Do mature seeds tell us anything about harvest readiness? (Yes, I wanted to have seeds, though not on this particular cola. I pollenated a neighboring plant and am waiting for the seed pods to ripen.)

Jardiniere50

Jardiniere50

Hi, thank you. I did see that video, but it shows heavily seeded bud. The bud I'm wondering about has only one seed and everywhere else it looks like a regular unseeded bud. Does this one seed really make a difference to the remaining parts of the bud? Is the entire bud ready to harvest because it had even one seed?

Toaster79

Toaster79

Hi, thank you. I did see that video, but it shows heavily seeded bud. The bud I'm wondering about has only one seed and everywhere else it looks like a regular unseeded bud. Does this one seed really make a difference to the remaining parts of the bud? Is the entire bud ready to harvest because it had even one seed?

Does the rest of the plant look finished?

Jardiniere50

Jardiniere50

Does the rest of the plant look finished?
No, not according to how clear the trichomes are. Per the trichomes, they're the slowest developing buds in existence. I maybe should have picked something faster for my first grow. But I am new to growing cannabis. It's been a steep learning curve, especially for someone who has never been good with plants before now.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Haze goes 9+ weeks. Seed maturity has nothing to do with your cannabis being ready. The mature seed means you stressed them out early on, if you found beans you'll be sure to find more. Happy Growing

Polar510

Polar510

I would Just treat it like any other bud and cut it when you have all cloudy and some amber Trichomes. Get a Magnifier if You dont have one. And like others have stated Haze's take forever to finish.. I have heard of some helping it along by shortening the 12 hour light period gradually each week. (I HAVE NOT TRIED THIS).

Jardiniere50

Jardiniere50

Okay, thanks everyone. I will wait for the trichomes to show me the plants are ready.

Top Bottom