Seeded Plants,do They Look Ready???

• Thread starter kansabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toaster79

Toaster79

Lmao,not that many. Plants were only maybe 20inches tall,was hoping for 20-30 seeds per plant but I feel like its going to be more than that,lol.

I was also hoping for 20-30 seeds a plant. Ended up with 200-300 a plant hahahaha

K

kansabis

I like to go with at least 5 weeks for the seeds to be mature enough to grow. Even longer if you can make it.
Yeah they went a day or 2 over 5wks from being pollinated,I woulda let em go a bit longer but I needed the room in the flower tent and the few seeds I test picked were mature and didn't squish when pressed so I gave em the chop and should be processing buds to retrieve seeds this weekend.

K

kansabis

Be sure to dry them for 4-6 weeks before doing yer test grow. It makes a big difference in germ rates and seedling health/vigor.
Yeah that's what I've heard and plan on doing,it will probably even be longer than that as I have many other beans to crack but I will want to test em out somewhat in case I decide to give any out.

K

kansabis

And I'm open to suggestions to any names for the cross,it was the third dimension x lemon lotus....

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

Seeds take 4/5 weeks 5 on the safe side

I keep seeing people say to dry them 4 weeks but I've made 1000s of seeds if not more. Every time I germ test a batch and it's usually the somewhat pale ones right after harvest. I always get 90/100 % germ rates

Lots of info on the net that people just seem to regurgitate without actual facts

K

kansabis

Seeds take 4/5 weeks 5 on the safe side

I keep seeing people say to dry them 4 weeks but I've made 1000s of seeds if not more. Every time I germ test a batch and it's usually the somewhat pale ones right after harvest. I always get 90/100 % germ rates

Lots of info on the net that people just seem to regurgitate without actual facts
Yeah I've heard of people getting good germ rates right after harvest too,thnx.

M

mendel

All seeds, regardless of type need to be dried to be effectively stored. This is not rocket science, its a rudimentary procedure that needs to be done to ensure long term viability of the seed lot.

K

kansabis

All seeds, regardless of type need to be dried to be effectively stored. This is not rocket science, its a rudimentary procedure that needs to be done to ensure long term viability of the seed lot.
What does the process of drying seeds entail??? How much different than drying buds???

K

kansabis

Oh yeah final count is 3D#2xLemonLotus was 86 seeds and 3D#3xLemonLotus was 128 seeds.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Two grows back I opted to make some crosses. Was thinking along the same lines as you guys of wanting like 50 seeds...but well for some reason I just did the whole grow and am now looking at...100s to 1000s of seeds. Biggest issue I have come across on them is a lot of plants with poor calyx to leaf ratio and that is important to me as I hate trimming, so further refining needed all around other than a ghost train haze cross, that one came out bangarang. No real keepers last time so popping more seeds I go.

I give plants at least 6 weeks from pollination, will take them past the normal harvest window if necessary.

Top Bottom