Seedling and vegetative stages

• Thread starter doBpop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

doBpop

Hello all and thanks for the help!

When does the sprout and seedling and vegetative cycles actually 'begin'?

When does a seed become a sprout?
When does a sprout become a seedling?
When does a seedling become a vegetative plant?

Is it a 'time' thing or a 'size' thing or leaf development or node development or what??? aaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhh!

I've seen so much variance in opinions it’s confusing so I would like a definitive answer please.

I know we force the flower cycle with the 12/12 but the seedling vegetative stages lead to confusion.

Thanks all!

C

CHEMLORD

The plant reaches it's vegetative as soon as the plant discontinues feeding from the cotyledon.

D

doBpop

The plant reaches it's vegetative as soon as the plant discontinues feeding from the cotyledon.

Thanks Chemlord!

Which is when exactly and how do we know for sure?
When the cotyledons fall off?
When there are X numbers of leaf sets?
When it is X number of days since popping up?
When the bat signal changes to a pot signal LOL! (couldn't resist)

So you're saying a seedlings life is very short lived then right? (few days)

Thanks to all for any help!

N

naturehd

seems to me you may be over thinking things my friend. just take your time and itll be obvious. its a sprout until you see a few sets of leaves (roughly 2 weeks give or take) then its in veg. its in veg until you see signs of sexing ( could be months depending on strain) or you force it to flower(roughly a few weeks of veg if you want any decent yield). its done blooming when you feel the trichs are changed to your buzz/med preference(ie;clear, white amber, red). the darker the triches the more couchlock youll experience, you took it too far if you see black triches, not that it wont still have an affect on your buzz/med feeling. either way have fun with it.

G

Gandalf

When does a seed become a sprout?
When does a sprout become a seedling?
When does a seedling become a vegetative plant?​

The second it pops off the ground/rockwool/etc'.
When the two initial petals fully open.
a seedling IS in vegging. It is us growers, who added this stage to make it easier on us monitoring the growth of the plants, and to avoid exposing them to over-kill lights.

I would consider a seedling turning into a 'vegetative' plant right after the first node opens. Usually withing 7-10 days from sprout.

KUSHMAN901

KUSHMAN901

when u start seeing new growth vegging is begin during the first week or the seedling is establishing roots

C

CHEMLORD

Thanks Chemlord!

Which is when exactly and how do we know for sure?
When the cotyledons fall off?
When there are X numbers of leaf sets?
When it is X number of days since popping up?
When the bat signal changes to a pot signal LOL! (couldn't resist)

So you're saying a seedlings life is very short lived then right? (few days)

Thanks to all for any help!

As mentioned by another member in this thread, it will be quite obvious when the plant has completed it's seedling phase. More specifically, the cotyledons will have begun to yellow and the plant will exhibit signs of hunger. By the time the cotyledons have dried up and fallen off, the plant should be well on it's way to sexual maturity. I think you could have simplified your question by asking when to start feeding plants grown from seed. Hope this helps!

D

doBpop

Thanks to everyone for the interest and help.

Thanks CHEMLORD! (and everyone)

As always any help is appreciated and welcomed and thanks in advance!

Top Bottom