Seedling With Deformed Leaves

• Thread starter shanti771
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

shanti771

Hi, can anyone help me please! One of my seedlings has deformed weird looking leaves. I germinated it and put it in some potting soil. I thought maybe a nutrient deficiency so gave it a 1/4 dose feeding of organic Grow with high nitrogen. Growing in my window sill, about 7 hrs of sunlight. Im new to growing, any advice or help would be much appreciated!!

Seedling with deformed leaves
S

shanti771

It’s a feminized moby dick
I used E.B. Stone organic potting soil

Palmettoman

Palmettoman

I don’t believe that soil has much or any fertilizer in it. If not which I don’t see by looking it up I would transplant it into a different soil. Also it looks like it’s not getting enough light.

S

shanti771

Thanx for replying!
I don’t think the soil has fertilizer in it.
Would watering it with liquid fertilizer do the job instead of replanting?
Light, yea I had it in a window getting only afternoon sun, moved it to more full sun once I realized one was getting leggy. 7-8hrs of sunlight should be enough right?

Palmettoman

Palmettoman

Thanx for replying!
I don’t think the soil has fertilizer in it.
Would watering it with liquid fertilizer do the job instead of replanting?
Light, yea I had it in a window getting only afternoon sun, moved it to more full sun once I realized one was getting leggy. 7-8hrs of sunlight should be enough right?
A liquid fertilizer will work. Just remember that Cannabis and other plants are different so just don’t use any liquid fertilizer. It’s very easy to give nutrient burn. Are you planning on growing indoors or putting outside?

S

shanti771

I’m planning to grow outside. Do you think I need additional light till then? I guess I could put them outside now.
Fertilizer- how do you know what’s ok for cannabis? I have this one in the pic.

F2F45138 F236 4E11 A178 D7D9702EB514
DBD5F35D 2A0E 4536 AB91 202538CABA96
Palmettoman

Palmettoman

And also this one
They should have a feed schedule on there website. BUT only give 1/4 to whatever they say mix. Seedling is young and will get nutrients burn easily. Yes you need more light if your not putting it outside right now

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

Those are good nutes for cannabis and yes add light give it 18 hours on 6 off make it a strong bush then transplant it after the risk of frost is gone

S

shanti771

Really 18 hrs, it needs that much? It would only get like 9-10 at the most if it were outside

Palmettoman

Palmettoman

Really 18 hrs, it needs that much? It would only get like 9-10 at the most if it were outside
He’s saying to bring it back to where it needs to be strength wise before taking outside. The longer period of light the more time it has to recover. I would do 16hrs of light though. Just my personal opinion

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

Well you will definitely need more than 12 to have a vegetative cycle 16 should be OK though but standard is 18/6for veg 12/12 for flower. What part of the world are you in? Let me rephrase is it going from winter to spring or summer to fall? Is that an autoflower or a regular photoperiod?

S

shanti771

Its not an autoflower, just a regular one.
Southern cali so its winter to spring.
About how much is a light set up gonna cost me? Have any reccomondations? I have only 4 plants.
I would rather not buy one if I don't have to.

Palmettoman

Palmettoman

Well it depends on how long there gonna be inside, how much of an area you have to put them on and so forth. If not gonna be inside long go to Lowe’s and get some t8 light with 9500k bulb. If it’s gonna be a month or so I would suggest ordering a 300w minimum led light, 450w would be better.

S

shanti771

Ok, I put them outside for now till I get something set up.
Thanx so much for helping me!!

Top Bottom