Seedlings Overwatered?

• Thread starter od1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
phoenixfire

phoenixfire

Sounds like good advice. Next time I might spray them a bit, and do a light watering and check it 30 minutes later. I switched to a P600 LED light from Platinum LED. I could go back to the fluorescent, or is that not recommended at this point? Or raise the light higher than the 3 feet it's currently at?

I did get some mycorrhizae and Azomite yesterday. I haven't used either yet, but I read that Azomite can help with shock. Should I add some?

Thanks
Cool but let them need to be watered before starting the slow water approach and led is fine where it's at

O

od1

Yeah, I'll check them when I get home, but I don't intend to water until they need it.

Cool :) I figured LED lights are less intense on plants than HIDs. I did read that just too much light when they're small can be stressful for them though. For the next grow, when do you think I should switch from the fluorescent; when they have 3 sets of leaves?

Since it's not supposed to hurt, I think I'll put a bit of Azomite granules in each cup when I get home.

Thanks

3G Labs

3G Labs

I'm a little anxious, but mainly I just want to manage these so they give me a big harvest
You're setting yourself up for disappointment if that is your "goal" for your garden. Not that it's a bad goal, but just the fact that it's a crop that can be lost or damaged in the next 6 months...and even after harvest.
Patience. They're growing. helicopter gardening is bad for your health lol
You're trying to cover everything and it's going to cost you time and money. You're grow environment sounds like it's good so Stop everything except making sure they don't dry out. A light breeze causing the leaves to just slightly twitch won't cause drying.
And I wouldn't recommend spending money on CO2 until flower (if you need it at all).
Your light will work fine, if you can/want you can turn some diodes off, save your electricity.
Shock IMO isn't really an ailment to be treated (things can help, ex willow water) It's a time problem- shock causes them to stop growing almost like a dormancy, Lost grow time which you can't get back . The more severe the shock the longer they take to recover and start growing again, and all you can do is wait. For me this is a problem because I harvest on a set schedule, lost grow time = less flower time = immature buds harvested=weaker potency, smell, taste.

All you can do is water and wait, check back in here in 4 days. seedlings can start like that and just stop growing and die (genetics, immature/damaged seeds). so don't be surprised if you lose one, that's why I try and plant more than I need.

latewood

latewood

Be careful not to be swayed by advice. Pay attention to the answers that concentrate on your particular question, and issues.

I agree plants do look pretty good. It is harder to over water using Coco, but it is possible. You look fine.

I would be careful giving too much nutrients at this stage though. They look a bit young for nutrients IMO

Cannot wait to see you drip system. Peace

Bones69

Bones69

First go smoke a bowl and calm down, the worst things I've done is to get anxious and want to help, but then just end up driving the final nail.
Don't worry about being exact with the ph, it's a range 5.6 -60 for clones seedlings, 5.8-6.3 for veg and flower. You just have to be consistent don't feed 5.6 one day and then 8.0 the next they will be pissed.
Humidity domes importance depends on your environment, is it really dry where they are? is the light intensity high (shock), Too much air movement will dry them out. They just help keep a stable environment but again another aspect that can damage if not tended too.

A transplant already? people usually pop beans in water then plant directly into their cups?

They can tend to lean, and will stretch towards a strong light source (what your's looks like it's doing), but they don't need very much light at that stage, a 60 watt light bulb would be plenty. They don't have hardly any roots right now, they're trying to orient themselves toward the light before they start strengthening their stems.

View attachment 484206
This is a seedling that has 3 sets of true leaves and has just started a feeding schedule (1 to 1.5 months old). The seed was planted directly into that pot of coco, still has a month before it will be transplanted to a 5 gal cloth pot.
3G I think you said it best. OD you need to take a chill! Your seedlings look good and you really don't want to start adding any nutes until like 3g said 3 to 4 sets of leaves. I am not a coco grower but consistancy is key!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
You're on the right track, taking advice from one experienced grower. Leave them babies alone though! No need to trip, just plain water and a real REAL mild nutrient solution will get them through the first few weeks. Until you start seeing them ramp up and become obviously hungry, don't feed them like they're vegging. Remember, it's only a weed. It'll take your abuse and it's better for them to be a little hungry than having their roots in too hot of an environment. Those baby roots simply cannot handle high nutrient levels. There's a reason seeds are fat the way they are. All the food they need is there for them to get established. Smoke a bowl, and watch the grass grow man.

thosedamnkids

thosedamnkids

You can never over water with good drainage I always used perlite at the bottom of my pots for soil or coco

Top Bottom