Seni Soil?

• Thread starter Cannabisseur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannabisseur

Cannabisseur

Howdy there fellow farmers! So I was wondering if any have heard of or used "Sensi Soil" by Sensi Sci Organics? I believe it's a company based in Oregon. For my new grow I was going to use FF happy frog and perhaps a bit of FF ocean floor because its what I've used for outdoors in the past and I still have a couple bags laying around, but I was told about Sensi and it caught my interest. Any experience or knowledge shared about them is greatly appreciated!! Jah bless!

UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

I've not used Sensi Sci but I have worked with Empire Builder which has an almost identical lineup and was put together under about the same concept. I'm not particularly touting EB either because I burnt my plants with it by my own lack of understanding how to use it. Which is the point I'm making.

In my opinion many of these pre-loaded soils are great... if you know how to use them. In this case I underestimated its water retention capability and too much moisture brought out the salts. But since those two seasons experimenting with the EB I have reverted back to being in control myself and with much better results.

It's always fun shooting your camera in "full auto" mode but your best shots come from dialing it all in yourself. ;)

UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

Think I left out that I was using EB as a base just as Sensi Sci suggests in its instructions. I dunno. I guess I just didn't have a well enough understanding of it.

Cannabisseur

Cannabisseur

I've not used Sensi Sci but I have worked with Empire Builder which has an almost identical lineup and was put together under about the same concept. I'm not particularly touting EB either because I burnt my plants with it by my own lack of understanding how to use it. Which is the point I'm making.

In my opinion many of these pre-loaded soils are great... if you know how to use them. In this case I underestimated its water retention capability and too much moisture brought out the salts. But since those two seasons experimenting with the EB I have reverted back to being in control myself and with much better results.

It's always fun shooting your camera in "full auto" mode but your best shots come from dialing it all in yourself. ;)
Thank you I appreciate your reply. Yea I have heard that soils like this hold lots of nutes and are very hot so much care is needed. I guess I see it well for large outdoor pots or even raised beds. So is the water retention over watering pretty much the only problem you had? I may just stick to the ol' FF and roots organic for now.

UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

I was growing chile peppers in EB that same season and I let those dry out between waterings. I was also experimenting with FF Ocean Forest and all of the above were in smart pots.

The FF did better than the EB but not by much. My own native backyard soil is just killer and so there's no comparison. My potted peppers were all short, stunt, barely produced and had nutrient lock-up.

Enter Roots Organic. This last years peppers did far better than the previous! Heavy fruiting and were great.

UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

Think I left out that the chile grows were soil only and no nutes. I was putting EB up against FF OF and this year ran a couple in the Roots.

Again, my native backyard dirt blows em all away.

K

kristenmm

I purchased this soil and kept it in my yard for a couple months and by the time I opened it up it was full of full grown plants! The plants had come from sprouted seeds that were in the soil when I purchased it as the bags had been sealed the whole time I owned them. I can understand the soil not being as good from sitting for a few months but there is no reason for there to be seeds from weeds. The company blamed my treatment of the soil as if I put the seeds in there myself. My argument is that the seeds would have sprouted even if I used the soil right away. I would not recommend this soil to anyone who values their plants.

Top Bottom