Sexing Questions Speculations And Assumptions

• Thread starter Nugsy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dewd

Dewd

Believe me I know how crappy they can be. Ive had a crop infested with herms once.
Any herm I had gotten since I have thrown out.

Just really wanna experiment to get the correct and full science behind them.

I'll take clones from the plant in question and flower them an see if she continues to herm
Cool keep us posted

CannaNovice

CannaNovice

What's growing on everyone...Nugsy here with a couple of questions and concerns about about sexing.

Well we know we all want females, for budding of course. Then we have males for pollination. And lastly we have the combination of both Hermaphrodites or Hermie for short.

I feel like someone needs to explore the Hermie plants for further inspection. (Not me lol).

Sure there info and I've read just about everything I could find on Hermie's. Yet I still feel like more could be explained and tested, just so we could be sure of how to avoid them.

I know hermies can be influenced by sooooo many variables its crazy. From bad genetics to bad environments.

What exactly rules out bad genetics?
It seems to me that Hermie's are what gives us feminised seeds. Using a foreign toxin to the mj plant on 1 area or branch causes her to pollinate herself. As to which in my eyes is the same as simply having a light leak during flowering period.
So how could Hermie's be ruled out?

Suppose you grow a female from seed and around 8week in flower...Nanners!
Does that mean she's a Hermie from start? Or is it that in their true environment they would have been pollinated by males long before?

Another question.. Suppose you take that same plant and harvest it before it pollinates but....leave enough foliage to reveg. Would that plant grow to become a Hermie ?....or would it grow as a female as it started before?

I have many questions with info unavailable. I'm reaching out to my fellow growers for answers?
And I have a plant that is in question.
Strain:purple Reign(Recon Og x Royal Purplex2) Ethos Gen. Seedbank

Side note/Question...Anyone ever heard of/ have experience with the volcano technique for picking/distinguishing female seeds from male?

Nugsy

Nugsy

Side note/Question...Anyone ever heard of/ have experience with the volcano technique for picking/distinguishing female seeds from male?

I have heard of it and I use it very often since I started off growing bag seed and regular seed packs.

If you have a magnifying glass and you can see the seed very well....Go for it.

It will take time to properly distinguish the 2 so you should first experiment with about 4-6 seeds. Just so you are sure how to notice the differences between male and female seeds.

It proves accurate 8/10 for me.But like I said it takes a little time to master.

Females' tips(volcano openeng) at the bottom there should be an impression of some depth. Most males will have a little tiny bump. If its flat its likely to Hermie but if conditions are right they usually prove female...For me

Go for it mate

Latest posts

Top Bottom