Sick Plant Needs A Doctor

• Thread starter Grow hobby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Grow hobby

Can someone please help my inexperienced eye identify the problem with this plant? I am growing in soil. A few other plants the same age are beginning to show some of the same signs but this one is much worse.

Sick plant needs a doctor
Sick plant needs a doctor 2
Sick plant needs a doctor 3
G

Grow hobby

I always ph to 6.5, checked closely for critters there are none. The only change I have made is my water, in the past I have used lake water from behind my house, the lake was sprayed with an herbicide to kill some lily pads so I stopped using water from the lake and have been using purchased purified spring water. I started adding cal-mag plus with the change in water thinking it would need the extra. I was thinking maybe I was still deficient on something. Should I flush it good and try just minimal nutrients? I use advanced nutrients, micro, grow and bloom. Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Enforcer

Enforcer

I always ph to 6.5, checked closely for critters there are none. The only change I have made is my water, in the past I have used lake water from behind my house, the lake was sprayed with an herbicide to kill some lily pads so I stopped using water from the lake and have been using purchased purified spring water. I started adding cal-mag plus with the change in water thinking it would need the extra. I was thinking maybe I was still deficient on something. Should I flush it good and try just minimal nutrients? I use advanced nutrients, micro, grow and bloom. Any other suggestions are welcomed.
I’m not sure if this is your problem, but it very well could be. If you are using thier PH perfect nutes do not adjust the ph. PH perfect is designed with the additives, chelates, and surfactants to “feed” the plant between 4.0 and 8.0. If your ph is anywhere in that range you’re good. Adjusting the ph will send it all out of whack, and you’ll develop ph lockout issues that look like deficiencies. I’m using thier Sensi coco line (ph perfect) and was having similar issues, although not as advanced. I know it’s a little hard to believe but that’s direct from thier grower support line and @Thejoeybrown a member here who also has first hand knowledge from using those nutes himself. (Thanks Joey)

Just another wrinkle to consider. I hope you get it sorted.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Next water. Dont add anything to the water... ph it to 6.5 then ph the runoff out of the bottom of the pot.... i bet your medium is not even close to 6.5

G

Grow hobby

Next water. Dont add anything to the water... ph it to 6.5 then ph the runoff out of the bottom of the pot.... i bet your medium is not even close to 6.5
Thanks, definitely going to do that!!

Leew421

Leew421

Just stop using pH up and down all together in soil unless it's really shitty soil. Test with a slurry test and not runoff. First mistake that will have you chasing your tail.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Very good advice. I check mine weekly.

Top Bottom