Sick Seedlings In A Micro Environment

• Thread starter SMACKA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SMACKA

SMACKA

Before we get started... I sincerely appreciate you taking the time out of your life to take a look at my pitiful girls. Thank you.

I'll make this quick:

• New to growing
  • Ran a perpetual PC Case (12-12 from seed) on my own - no forums - for a few runs, with moderate success, but self-diagnosis isn't working and since this grow has started off with a wrinkle, I'm hoping to get your help to learn more
  • 1 x Purple Kush, 1 x White Widow

The White Widow is in a cut-off solo cup. She looks like this:

Sick seedlings in a micro environment 4

Sick seedlings in a micro environment 5

The Purple Kush is an standard sized small flower pot that was lying around.

Sick seedlings in a micro environment

Sick seedlings in a micro environment 2

Sick seedlings in a micro environment 3

(Sorry... thought it was in focus)

• Chamber Humidity is 45%
  • Temps are 25°C
  • Medium is Canna Terra Pro Plus
  • Nutes are Canna Vega mixed at 3-4mL per L, following Canna's schedule
  • The first 2 weeks, they were fed with just water
  • Last week I gave them a 3mL/L feed, and bottom leaves started yellowing - I self-diagnosed (via forum) that I should've been feeding nutes from seed in this neutral medium... so I decided to bump the nutes a bit while still staying low.
  • This week I gave them a 4mL/L fed

Now...

• Purple Kush: The tips are going crispy
  • White Widow: The leaves are looking weird - P? N?
I hadn't been measuring pH this grow... I haven't seen issues this early before.

Again, thanks for the help. Let me know if I've missed anything

Issack

Issack

Don't bump nutes because you think have to play catch up. Just remember less is always better and it's a safe zone. When things gets fed to hot it creates problems. Be gentle with them. Don't over think. I give plants that size a seedling schedule feed untill the root mass is ready for some more. Then I bump it up just a bit. And watch how they look.
Just remember always. Less is better. Especially indoors. Outdoors can handle higher feeds at a young stage

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
yes just back off on the nutes you can see how the leaf is looking puffed up as it is it will come good just go easy and most of all have fun good luck .

SMACKA

SMACKA

yes just back off on the nutes you can see how the leaf is looking puffed up as it is it will come good just go easy and most of all have fun good luck .

Appreciate you looking out. Decided to let it go a couple days before getting too drastic after reading this and sur enough she's looking a lot healthier a couple days later.

Today I transplanted the smaller pot into a pot the same size as other. Not an ideal transplant, but it was really rookie to start them off in two different sizes, and has been annoying for long enough. We got a few weeks to go before upsizing again and I wanted to save myself the calculations.

After moving the girl into her own pot - they both got a nice drink of water, pH'd @ 6.

To be continued... :)

SMACKA

SMACKA

Me again...

• Two days ago I updated my journal and mentioned the leaf tips were discoloured...
  • Yesterday a few had spots so I looked up the Cannabis Deficiencies at GrowWeedEasy, and thought it might be light burn, so I dropped them down a 4–5 centimeter and I decided if it got worse I'd holler at The Infirmary...
  • And here I am...
Screenshot 2017 05 03 092324

So what the fuck am I looking at here?

Light burn? A deficiency?

First, the elephant in the room: My reflector right now is aluminum foil. This has been an age old no-no but my research showed it'd been pretty thoroughly debunked so I did it because it was better than nothing. Now I'm wondering if I'm an idiot and the age-old rule I learned in my teens is indeed true?

Plants are on a Feed -> Water -> Water schedule with Canna Vega nutes (3mL/L), in Terra Canna Pro Plus soil. pH'd to 5.9, run off is around 6.2–6.4 pH and 430 ppm.

They're a few days from being replanted and tied down on their side, BDSM style.

Would love any help; thanks in advance!

Dan789

Dan789

Kind of looks like a deficiency, manganese and or potassium. But it looks like your growing in a soilless coco? that I'm just guessing based on the picture. Someone with more expertise in that medium may comment (as that goes outside my experience).

SMACKA

SMACKA

Kind of looks like a deficiency, manganese and or potassium. But it looks like your growing in a soilless coco? that I'm just guessing based on the picture. Someone with more expertise in that medium may comment (as that goes outside my experience).

Thanks for checking in. The soil is Canna Terra Professional Plus which I think is coir based, but I've been told it's a nutrient rich soil, not inert like Coco.

Issack

Issack

Ok so your new pic to me looks like blight. It's a fungus. Go search cannabis blight and septoria on Google, you will see many leaves look like that. When I get blight it's outdoors, and when it's been raining for few weeks straight. I get that exact same discoloration on the new growth on the very tip. That's what you have on the new growth. It's purple color yes.?. And the leaves show the same sign with spots ... might have to go with a fungicide treatment. Idk it's what it looks like to me. That purple new growth is tell tale blight in my experience. I've got it many times . I live in a jungle and it gets rainy and humid in the summer months. I then have to battle it. But I get the same look as what u just posted.

G gnome

G gnome

Ok so your new pic to me looks like blight. It's a fungus. Go search cannabis blight and septoria on Google, you will see many leaves look like that. When I get blight it's outdoors, and when it's been raining for few weeks straight. I get that exact same discoloration on the new growth on the very tip. That's what you have on the new growth. It's purple color yes.?. And the leaves show the same sign with spots ... might have to go with a fungicide treatment. Idk it's what it looks like to me. That purple new growth is tell tale blight in my experience. I've got it many times . I live in a jungle and it gets rainy and humid in the summer months. I then have to battle it. But I get the same look as what u just posted.
Its def not blight.

Me again...

• Two days ago I updated my journal and mentioned the leaf tips were discoloured...
  • Yesterday a few had spots so I looked up the Cannabis Deficiencies at GrowWeedEasy, and thought it might be light burn, so I dropped them down a 4–5 centimeter and I decided if it got worse I'd holler at The Infirmary...
  • And here I am...
View attachment 697179

So what the fuck am I looking at here?

Light burn? A deficiency?

First, the elephant in the room: My reflector right now is aluminum foil. This has been an age old no-no but my research showed it'd been pretty thoroughly debunked so I did it because it was better than nothing. Now I'm wondering if I'm an idiot and the age-old rule I learned in my teens is indeed true?

Plants are on a Feed -> Water -> Water schedule with Canna Vega nutes (3mL/L), in Terra Canna Pro Plus soil. pH'd to 5.9, run off is around 6.2–6.4 pH and 430 ppm.

They're a few days from being replanted and tied down on their side, BDSM style.

Would love any help; thanks in advance!
Whats the ppm of the water ur usin b4 u add nutes?
R.o. water?

SMACKA

SMACKA

Thanks for taking a look.

It's about ~140 ppm.

My pH/EC meter seems to continually drift upwards if left stationary... if you swish it around, it will jump down to 200, then when you stop it drifts upwards. Is this normal?

I'm wondering if my pen is toast. The probe is old, and has dried out. When I fired it back up I put it in the calibration solutions and since have tested them a couple times and it's able to read them closely, so I assumed it was fine.

R.o. water?

Not R.O., it's straight out of a BRITA filter.

SMACKA

SMACKA

EDITED/ADDED COMMENTS BELOW...

It's about ~140 ppm.

My pH/EC meter seems to continually drift upwards if left stationary... if you swish it around, it will jump down to 200, then when you stop it drifts upwards. Is this normal?

I'm wondering if my pen is toast? The probe is old, and had dried out. When I fired it back up I put it in the calibration solutions and since have tested it a couple times and it's able to read them closely, so I assumed it was fine. Other than it having dried out I have no reason to believe it's inaccurate, but there's a first for everything... Is it throwing my pH off and causing this?

For the numbers: I find myself doing 2 or 3 drops of lemon juice per feed/water to bring the water/nutes to 5.9-6pH, 1 Cup per seedling, which is around 30% run off, where the pH is 6.2–6.4.

R.o. water?

Not R.O., it's coming out of a BRITA filter. I searched but it didn't seem like the filter could be the problem, and I figured it was closer to R.O. than what's coming out of the tap (~230–250 ppm) so I have been using it for this grow.

Thoughts?

I've looked at a lot of photos over the last 4 days while waiting for an answer and I have seen photos looking identical to my plant for the following:

* Calcium
* Magnesium
* Manganese
* Phosphorus

I'm too new to know what to do. I'm worried since if I can't trust my pH, I cant trust a flush.

G gnome

G gnome

EDITED/ADDED COMMENTS BELOW...

It's about ~140 ppm.

I'm wondering if my pen is toast? The probe is old, and had dried out. When I fired it back up I put it in the calibration solutions and since have tested it a couple times and it's able to read them closely, so I assumed it was fine. Other than it having dried out I have no reason to believe it's inaccurate, but there's a first for everything... Is it throwing my pH off and causing this?

For the numbers: I find myself doing 2 or 3 drops of lemon juice per feed/water to bring the water/nutes to 5.9-6pH, 1 Cup per seedling, which is around 30% run off, where the pH is 6.2–6.4.

Not R.O., it's coming out of a BRITA filter. I searched but it didn't seem like the filter could be the problem, and I figured it was closer to R.O. than what's coming out of the tap (~230–250 ppm) so I have been using it for this grow.

Thoughts?

I've looked at a lot of photos over the last 4 days while waiting for an answer and I have seen photos looking identical to my plant for the following:

* Calcium
* Magnesium
* Manganese
* Phosphorus

I'm too new to know what to do. I'm worried since if I can't trust my pH, I cant trust a flush.
Add some calmag at half strength and bump up ur nutes. Ur gonna be in good shape in short order

SMACKA

SMACKA

Add some calmag at half strength and bump up ur nutes. Ur gonna be in good shape in short order

You sound a lot more sure of it than I am ;) haha

Don't have any Cal Mag, but bumped the nutes up to 4mL/L and re-potted into 1.5L pots today. Plan's to give them a Feed, Water, Feed, Water schedule over the next little while to give them more nutes without getting too hot. It feels like they're at a size where they're going to start wanting more nutes.

Appreciate you checking this thread out. Will pick up some Cal Mag soon.

SMACKA

SMACKA

Elsewhere someone mentioned it might just be a pH issue – I've been pHing to 6 thinking this was an inert coco I was using but it turns out it's a fairly rich soil so should I have been pH'ing to 6.5?

Phchart

G gnome

G gnome

You sound a lot more sure of it than I am ;) haha

Don't have any Cal Mag, but bumped the nutes up to 4mL/L and re-potted into 1.5L pots today. Plan's to give them a Feed, Water, Feed, Water schedule over the next little while to give them more nutes without getting too hot. It feels like they're at a size where they're going to start wanting more nutes.

Appreciate you checking this thread out. Will pick up some Cal Mag soon.

I dont think much of doin that feed water feed water water feed stuff man.....imo, ur better off feeding every time and getting plenty of runoff....ur not giving em a very hot dose even when u are fertilizing....i recommend hitting em every time....ur plants are hungry man...

Top Bottom