Slf-100 Enzymes As Cleaner?

• Thread starter Saint Skinny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Hey all,
I got a sample bottle of SLF-100 from south cascade organics, I've done some research and people seem to love using it in soil, and it's supposed to work in hydro as well. I've been curious about using enzymes to clean buckets and/or water pumps between uses. I was using H2O2 to clean my buckets and water pump but I'm almost out of it, So I thought this might be a good substitute. I just finished bubbling (48 hours) a couple liter batch of Roots Phos Bat Guano Tea in a small water pitcher, with a little bit (maybe 1/2 strength) of SLF-100 and used my pump to water as usual. I'm thinking now would be the perfect time to try it out... especially since one of the four bacteria's job is supposed to be breaking down phosphorous. If I'm not mistaken there's another species in there that breaks down salts, but don't quote me on that. I might try a 3x regular dose and run the pump in a bucket for a couple hours, maybe overnight.

I know it's labeled an enzyme but I'm not sure if thats 100% correct, I read somewhere they were microbes or something else... I'm a bit sleep deprived so I cant remember what all they said... Had a little electrical fire last night, and found it hard to sleep after all the excitement.

So, anyone ever used this stuff? What did you use it for and how did it work? Any reason it wouldn't work to clean my water pump?

S

Steezgentc

Hey all,
I got a sample bottle of SLF-100 from south cascade organics, I've done some research and people seem to love using it in soil, and it's supposed to work in hydro as well. I've been curious about using enzymes to clean buckets and/or water pumps between uses. I was using H2O2 to clean my buckets and water pump but I'm almost out of it, So I thought this might be a good substitute. I just finished bubbling (48 hours) a couple liter batch of Roots Phos Bat Guano Tea in a small water pitcher, with a little bit (maybe 1/2 strength) of SLF-100 and used my pump to water as usual. I'm thinking now would be the perfect time to try it out... especially since one of the four bacteria's job is supposed to be breaking down phosphorous. If I'm not mistaken there's another species in there that breaks down salts, but don't quote me on that. I might try a 3x regular dose and run the pump in a bucket for a couple hours, maybe overnight.

I know it's labeled an enzyme but I'm not sure if thats 100% correct, I read somewhere they were microbes or something else... I'm a bit sleep deprived so I cant remember what all they said... Had a little electrical fire last night, and found it hard to sleep after all the excitement.

So, anyone ever used this stuff? What did you use it for and how did it work? Any reason it wouldn't work to clean my water pump?

S

Steezgentc

Check out hygrozyme. Hygrozyme is a natural enzymatic formula used for cleaning growing mediums, without chemicals. Enzymes in a growing media eat dead protein removing potential areas where illness can develop. Through this break-down process plants are better able to obtain nutrients. More nutrients and less attacks equals bigger, stronger and faster plant growth. Use during all growing stages. your s something 100 zyme will do similar process. As does cyco zyme from cyco nutrients. So now there's a few more options for you. If using any of these be sure you pH 6.0-6.3 for hydro

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Will it eat residue from organic nutes (Gen Organics) from buckets and pumps like it eats organic matter in soil? I'm curious because I had a guy at my old hydro shop that mentioned cleaning his res with enzymes, he left it (maybe overnight, not sure on that, this was a couple years ago) to do it's thing and when he came back the bucket was overflowing with foam.

Ill have to check out hygrozyme when I can swing it, that may have been what he was using.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Saint Skinny Microbes will create enzymes as a biproduct of metabolic processes. Enzymes as an additive are redundant if you have a good micro herd established.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

That makes sense, I talked to a rep at the company and they said it would work to clean things other than media. And that it could replace H2O2 as a cleaner in most cases

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Nice name btw, Cap, very "organic" (pun intended)

I, too, enjoy smelling trees... we should start a club... maybe call it bark in the nose, mold in the soles. Totally kidding btw, sarcasm doesn't travel well via text. I do like the name though lol

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I picked up a 45ml bottle of enzyme Komplete. I figured for $5 it was worth a shot. @Capulator are you talking about a microherd in bioponics or media? I could try to bury my pump in some good soil but I doubt it would come out any cleaner :p

PavitrJadoo

PavitrJadoo

I've been using it overnight to clean up foliage from heavy NFTG foliar feeds. Lime is used as ph up. The California sun literally bakes it on so it doesn't just wipe it clean but it seems to loosen up the surfactants over time and through multiple applications. I'm not sure you can over do it. At 15ml/gal I pair it with MLH Foliar spray and nothing else in an attempt to maintain the raw ph of my water which is slightly above 6.0...

In another experiment I dumped it raw on the the stone in my backyard where I'd spilled lime and bone meal. Didn't do a thing in a single application, evidence that may be more relevant to the original question posed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom