Slightly moldy buds

• Thread starter north knect
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
north knect

north knect

Hey folks..just curious if anybody has used slightly moldy buds for BHO or bubble hash?..I'm not goin to smoke them obviously but would the product b mold free and safe to smoke after BHO or hash?

Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
The reason I ask is because if the mold is white then its just cob web mold which is cause simply by damp conditions. This mold can be killed with a mixture of H2O2 and H2O. Water and Hydrogen Peroxide...mixed 50 to 1. Mist the buds with this and let it dry over night. The mold should "dissolve"

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Does anyone know about too much moisture fir too long turning green fresh bud Brown during the drying? Is this white fuzzy mold turning bud around it Brown because ive seen this everytime I've found that white fuzzy mold

kevinn

kevinn

The reason I ask is because if the mold is white then its just cob web mold which is cause simply by damp conditions. This mold can be killed with a mixture of H2O2 and H2O. Water and Hydrogen Peroxide...mixed 50 to 1. Mist the buds with this and let it dry over night. The mold should "dissolve"

The H2O2 that I have from drug store is 3%. Should this be mixed at a ratio of 50:1.
Thanks

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
If your gonna run moldy weed WHICH I HAVE DONE!!!! And consumed the bho from moldy weed.. You need to do a few things..

1. Run it...

2. Redissolve the bho into 195 proof ethanol ( de-wax at this point if you really wanna ) then....

3. Get a large syringe or multiple small ones.. I prefer 60CC there just huge.. Luer lock. Also get 0.02um pore size luer lock syringe filter.

4. First without the filter installed suck up as much liquid as you can fit in the syringes.

5. Attach filter/s to syringe/s an force liquid thru filter. This can be done multiple times with CLEAN NEW filters each time however i doubt it will take more then 1 pass thru per filter if your using 20cc or smaller... 60cc you may wanna make at least 2 passes with 2 filters.

Ive personally smoked over 40 grams of bho made from this processes. The weed i got was some doods harvest he fucked up the drying and the whole harvest went moldy.. You could smell the shit it was that bad... but the filtered bho while not the best tasting cause the weed was not cured... Had NO mold smell NO mold taste and gave me 0 sickness .. Also gave some to my caregiver for giving me the stash in the first place and he also smoked it with 0 health problems.

It can be done :D

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Does anyone know about too much moisture fir too long turning green fresh bud Brown during the drying? Is this white fuzzy mold turning bud around it Brown because ive seen this everytime I've found that white fuzzy mold

That white fuzzy mold is due to a lack of Fresh air exchange its cob web mold THRIVES in low oxygen high humidity Environments As mentioned above a 3% h202 spray will cause your fuzzy mold to Fizzle and die off.

No harm to your plants because h202 breaks down into carbon dioxide Oxygen and water :D

Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
That white fuzzy mold is due to a lack of Fresh air exchange its cob web mold THRIVES in low oxygen high humidity Environments As mentioned above a 3% h202 spray will cause your fuzzy mold to Fizzle and die off.

No harm to your plants because h202 breaks down into carbon dioxide Oxygen and water :D

100% correct, this is an old shrooming tech used to decontaminate colonizing substrate.

Tango02

Tango02

Supporter
Mold can be a very dangerous thing, so be very sure about the color of it. I cant over state that enough....ANY color and it needs to be tossed.

I had a few tubs of substrate get contaminated with brown mold once...well me being young and stupid I cleaned it all up with no respiratory protection. Spores EVERYWHERE....in the air, on my hands, on my clothes. It nearly put me in the hospital. I had migraines for days, couldn't stop shivering no matter what the heat in the house was set on. Couldn't eat, hell I couldn't even get up out of bed for 2 days. It was the worst experience I have ever had and I rarely get sick and this completely shut me down in a matter of hours. So just be careful with mold.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

So I just tossed those branches and jars because it's not worth spraying and consuming but what about everything near it that dryd together but showed no naked eye signs ......I am afraid of looking under a strong microscope to see spores or growth

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
So I just tossed those branches and jars because it's not worth spraying and consuming but what about everything near it that dryd together but showed no naked eye signs ......I am afraid of looking under a strong microscope to see spores or growth

If it sporelated then there everywhere..

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

So how strong of a lens to check? If you have time...and don't mind? I'm talking about the white fuzzy stuff.....the brown I think came from too much moisture not enough air? I'm still healthy from what I can tell but if anything starts happening I am betting this would be a candidate of interest

Top Bottom