Solar Powered

• Thread starter Sweetskunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sweetskunk

I have been thinking about possibly buying some 100W solar panels and hooking them up to a few car batteries and connecting them to a 800W power inverter I found then plugging my 600 W light/ballast right into the inverter as well as a fan maybe.

Was wondering if anybody is doing anything like this?

I originally had a dream of digging a sophisticated underground insulated grow room out in the woods and having it be totally solar/wind powered and running 24/7 365. but this is a far fetched dream I probably wont attempt without some heavy machinery available for digging. digging around trees is not easy.

I've never tried anything like this before but I am assuming to generate 800W to the inverter at all times I would be needing 8 100W solar panels, or a bunch of car batteries to store the energy in and one or two solar panels because I probably wont have to run the light 24/7.

just some ideas I've been having to save money in the long run.

below frigid

below frigid

Panels just charge the batteries and batteries run the inverter. Inverter changes DC to AC and the inverter runs the appliances. Car batteries won't last very long. You need true deep cycle. 6 volt are better . You need to do some research . Cost for a system to run a fan and light 18 hours a day is pretty high + you would need generator back up a decent inverter and charge controller. Minimum 10 Trojan t-105 6 volt 225 ah batteries. 12 - 100 watt panels. You have to remember some days you get minimal sun so battery bank needs to be large enough to store power for those days. Still will need run generator sometimes.

S

Sweetskunk

Panels just charge the batteries and batteries run the inverter. Inverter changes DC to AC and the inverter runs the appliances. Car batteries won't last very long. You need true deep cycle. 6 volt are better . You need to do some research . Cost for a system to run a fan and light 18 hours a day is pretty high + you would need generator back up a decent inverter and charge controller. Minimum 10 Trojan t-105 6 volt 225 ah batteries. 12 - 100 watt panels. You have to remember some days you get minimal sun so battery bank needs to be large enough to store power for those days. Still will need run generator sometimes.
Wow! thank you for totally breaking that down for me, definitely something I will have to save up and invest into

lino

lino

Earth Batteries are free. The patent is from the 1800's . Its 4 or 5k yr old technology. When your neighbors moves out of his home install rods and wires in there yard. With a little ingenuity you can grow for free. You can sell the power back to ppl moving in and other neighbors and utility co... Lower usage- diodes on everything. Also there are many improvements coming to solar panels And other technologies better than solar panels will soon to be released.
So think of it like this. I got solar cell phones for $25/mth. and a 25 yr Contract. I still see those 1980 solar panel on roof tops.
Solar Panels
high dollar! 20 yr - to a life long contract
non-recyclable - mountains of the used worn out broke solar panels. Nobody knows what to do with them.
home insurance in colo and most places are esculating Yuge cuz of hail. Glass roof, yikes.
only works in the sun- tesla batteries are too expensive- barrels of toxic acid on property.
20 yr usable life in panel.
No Trees - disrupts the eco system.

Earth Battery - just hammer rods into the ground.
Free Power Forever
Produces constant power 24/7

Wise investors will say,;Why am I gonna pay $25,000 cash to Save a $100 utility bill. I can keep my $25,000 @ 4% return and and not have to show an ROI....
The solar light recycler invention came to a halt cuz of many of these new technologies.

Last edited:
h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Earth Batteries are free. The patent is from the 1800's . Its 4 or 5k yr old technology. When your neighbors moves out of his home install rods and wires in there yard. With a little ingenuity you can grow for free. You can sell the power back to ppl moving in and other neighbors and utility co... Lower usage- diodes on everything. Also there are many improvements coming to solar panels And other technologies better than solar panels will soon to be released.
So think of it like this. I got solar cell phones for $25/mth. and a 25 yr Contract. I still see those 1980 solar panel on roof tops.
Solar Panels
non-recyclable - mountains of the used worn out broke solar panels. Nobody knows what to do with them.
home insurance in colo and most places are esculating Yuge cuz of hail. Glass roof, yikes.
only works in the sun- tesla batteries are too expensive- barrels of toxic acid on property.

Free Power Forever

Wise investors will say,;Why am I gonna pay $25,000 cash to Save a $100 utility bill. I can keep my $25,000 @ 4% return and and not have to show an ROI....
The solar light recycler invention came to a halt cuz of many of these new technologies.

I'm with you, it's the main reason I don't have solar panels on my house...

lino

lino

not free ... cost of electrodes, cost of the inverters, cost of the heavy gauge wiring, cost of constantly treating the soil around the electrodes ... and just think of the poor earth worms and other inhabitants around the treated earth!!!

as always... Nothing is Free };-)
Yup, then these guys start adding lime and other stuff to increase watts.... However God power is still free. the sun !..

big inverters are high dollar, However, with lite diodes and and a DC grow set up and you can run on DC and not need the Expensive DC-AC converter and with enough batteries (solar, earth, acid) you could keep the grow room off the grid

S

Sweetskunk

Yup, then these guys start adding lime and other stuff to increase watts.... However God power is still free. the sun !..

big inverters are high dollar, However, with lite diodes and and a DC grow set up and you can run on DC and not need the Expensive DC-AC converter and with enough batteries (solar, earth, acid) you could keep the grow room off the grid

okay so my mind is blown...
http://www.instructables.com/id/Earth-battery/

I found these links trying to comprehend what an earth battery really is, (when you say electrodes I think tig welding filler rods.)
but how would I do this on a larger scale (iron/copper pipe(+) ; how long and zinc/aluminum foil?(-) )
and how would one determine how large of a scale it needs to be to generate x amount of energy

below frigid

below frigid

Solar Panels

Free Power Forever

From what information I could find, you would need a square mile of land to build a earth battery large enough to power 1 house. Land is not cheap, plus labor and materials. Any links of someone running anything on one besides a LED light bulb or two?

below frigid

below frigid

Yep just what I thought, there is a reason why everyone is still using solar. I live off the grid, not sure where Lino saw anyone using this earth battery technology but I could not find anything more than some relatively unsuccessful experiments. I run a lot of DC lights, good luck trying to grow something with them. Off the grid grow room is not going to happen without a substantial solar power system or a diesel generator. There is a reason why a lot of people are not doing it.

S

Sweetskunk

Yep just what I thought, there is a reason why everyone is still using solar. I live off the grid, not sure where Lino saw anyone using this earth battery technology but I could not find anything more than some relatively unsuccessful experiments. I run a lot of DC lights, good luck trying to grow something with them. Off the grid grow room is not going to happen without a substantial solar power system or a diesel generator. There is a reason why a lot of people are not doing it.
Because the government doesnt want you to know how man! but not gonna lie my search on this led me to a lot of flat earth theory stuff as well lol

lino

lino

From what information I could find, you would need a square mile of land to build a earth battery large enough to power 1 house. Land is not cheap, plus labor and materials. Any links of someone running anything on one besides a LED light bulb or two?
As i said early;
Rod in neighbors yard also. you can chem the ground and rods heavy.
Chemical in dirt, I did not reveal materials and chemicals.
Incorporate solar, I did not reveal the solar panel technology nor my solar recycler but it was mentioned.
This alone will produce big power.

What I did not mention is how to take/steal power Legally, kinda. Induction wands fed off the the power wires are misUnderstood. Wands do not take power from utility company wires. What happens is the miles of over head electric wire will build massive amounts of DC static electricity when the wind blows. a cpl wands will generate more electricity in the slight breeze than 100's of earth batteries and solar homes, especially if some grd cables on a few the poles are cut.
The Prob,,, storing the power...

lino

lino

I have sold these products, IMO as in post #5 it is seldom that solar power is a solution to save money on cheap city power.
For those in rural areas that loose power and have very high bills solar can be a option for off grid. In the city batteries (off grid) can be a little pricey and messy and have maintenance issues. So it is Very rare to see off grid in the city, dooms day preppers) . And Selling KW at .03 cents doesnt make sense when you factor costs of solar for most situations. Yup , go on vacation and for mth, you empty your fridge. Turn off power in the solar home. Come back home from vacation to find a credit on your utility bill of about $20 - $30... City homes with rooftop solar panels have fewer trees. So is solar really cleaner? and the property will not have as much shade.
not sure where Lino saw anyone using this earth battery technology
I have sold renewable s and developed a light recycler that I have peddled. I have seen many types of power generators in backyards, solar is a tough one to justify in the city. Dont get me wrong it can be a good deal for the rite home, many ppl take a lease or contract loan and save money (for now). 10 yr loan if they'll come down on the price, IDK, I just dont like glass roofs in colo but I hate Xcel, tuff decision if the'll cut the price in half....

lino

lino

Because the government doesnt want you to know how man! but not gonna lie my search on this led me to a lot of flat earth theory stuff as well lol
yup, early on these guys were getting Quality solar panels with a DIY kit surprisingly cheap from Walmart. From the comments I need to apologize, . I must have made it sound like Earth Batteries were DIY kits Walmart or your local renewable energy company. Nope no kits, its to easy.
All kinds of youtube peeps generating power, earth batteries and wacky stuff. Earth batteries with N and S pole set ups with proper distance and the details mention in the patent and earth batteries and other gizmos can put out some DC amps . But nothing like what Ive actually seen in backyards.

below frigid

below frigid

yup, early on these guys were getting Quality solar panels with a DIY kit surprisingly cheap from Walmart. From the comments I need to apologize, . I must have made it sound like Earth Batteries were DIY kits Walmart or your local renewable energy company. Nope no kits, its to easy.
All kinds of youtube peeps generating power, earth batteries and wacky stuff. Earth batteries with N and S pole set ups with proper distance and the details mention in the patent and earth batteries and other gizmos can put out some DC amps . But nothing like what Ive actually seen in backyards.

I would like to see a photo of one of the systems running your house. I don't live in the city. I am 5 miles from the nearest power pole. I use a typical off grid solar power system. Still have to use more fossil fuel than I would like ( propane & gasoline ). Cook a lot with solar and wood. I just have not been able to find any information with someone using this technology to power anything more than a LED light bulb. One guy tried to build a large system that failed. Seems to me if it were so easy there would be someone out there making millions on it. Just saying. Any links with info? YouTube? With someone producing usable power.

lino

lino

I would like to see a photo of one of the systems running your house. I don't live in the city. I am 5 miles from the nearest power pole. I use a typical off grid solar power system. Still have to use more fossil fuel than I would like ( propane & gasoline ). Cook a lot with solar and wood. I just have not been able to find any information with someone using this technology to power anything more than a LED light bulb. One guy tried to build a large system that failed. Seems to me if it were so easy there would be someone out there making millions on it. Just saying. Any links with info? YouTube? With someone producing usable power.
I must not be making myself clear. I hate the fact that ppl think that solar is our savior. Renewables are cool but going off grid is for log cabins and rural africa with no utilities. Coal and Nuke power rule.
My earlier posts years ago gave some details about my light recycler and other solar ideas I was working with. Then I went to work for SolarCity as content author for the MyPower contract and developer of sales of the Mypower contracts through SC.and when we merged with Tesla I was moved into Product and Development. I signed contracts that posting pics is direct violation and even lots of what I just said aint cool with them> Elon is trying to work his way in on some earth battery patents so I cant go there to much either , however YouTube is jam packed with guys show off voltmeter reading from EB and all kinds of new renewable energy.

Set up, leave this schematic in the fuse box/breaker for new home owner/renter.

earth battery rods are 1 ft deep in their yard. wire runs to your fence line. But never go to your property from there. 90` turn on property line towards there home. But a few feet down the fence line you take the wire to your battery storage, this make it very hard to discover the hack.
The schematic will show the rods in thier yard as a lighting grounding rods for the home. The schematic will not show the wires going to your home. If the cable ever gets cut they will be likely to repair it after seeing these false schematic in their breaker box. Sneaky, I know, even a home electrician is left scratching his head in ponder...

lino

lino

I have a 2 story grn house with grn houses in them attach the home. My property is jungle filled with plants and I never post large property pics.
My grn houses can run some current, I grew for free this year. I had very few electric grow lights.

Top Bottom