• Thread starter Crazy Composer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crazy Composer

Crazy Composer

A Grower
Supporter
Hello Farmers!

This is my first thread here. I enjoy looking at and sharing pictures of killer weed. :) Some of you might already know that. :)

This is the Sour Diesel clone at 77 days (11 weeks) and ready to harvest. I like 11 week Sour because it's got a long-lasting high, and the taste is about right where it needs to be. Many folks complain about Sour not keeping them high for long enough. To them I say... try letting it ripen for real and see what you think then. ;)

Sour Diesel is a staple variety in my garden. I haven't been without this clone since I got it, about 6 years ago.

When treated well, she can yield commercial amounts of high-grrrrrrrade pot. Best of both worlds there. The plant these buds came from yielded 5 ounces in just 3 gallons of soiless medium (Pro-Mix). She was fed with FoxFarm nutrients and ammended a few times with Budswel guano tea fro the Guana Company out of Humboldt Co, Ca. Good shit, literally even! hehehe

Peace, good will,
cc

Ripe sour diesel
Ripe sour diesel 2
Ripe sour diesel 3
Dry sour diesel
Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
This is a cut I have to get one day soon , Nice job CC

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Is this the ECSD. Looks fantastic, and almost identical to one of my sssdh buds.

Crazy Composer

Crazy Composer

A Grower
Supporter
Thanks, all :)

Is this the ECSD. Looks fantastic, and almost identical to one of my sssdh buds.

th, Yes, this is the cut called ECSD.

Its called ECSD because when it was getting famous, back in the day, there was another cut on the west coast called Diesel which was different. Someone, I believe it was Rezdog, coined the name "East Coast Sour Diesel" do differentiate between the two... and it seems to have worked because there's no more confusion. :)

O

ojd

great pics and report cc
like herb said
it does look like my cut of sssdhaze
have you grown the sssdhaze cc
if you like haze you will love it

peace

ConceptOfSleep

ConceptOfSleep

Absolutely fantastic CC! I cant wait to see more of your write-ups, as they are always a treat :yes

Great to see you here on the Farm!

Crazy Composer

Crazy Composer

A Grower
Supporter
I haven't grown it myself, but I've seen it growing before. The buds got MASSIVE, like Haze on steroids. :) Diesel is very dominant in almost any cross I have ever seen with her.

My garden is dedicated to indica dom plants at the moment. When the night-time temps rise next summer, I'll probably do some sativas again. :)

P

phoenix

Great photo,sure are frosty big sat looking buds:)
When do most chop their diesel then?I got some sour d x la coming[crossed fingers]and anything that goes past 9wks will probably be sour d dom so should i look for something that is about 20%amber at 11wks?Is that when u chop?
nice work crazy composer

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for that CC. I thought there were two cuts, and I have the ecsd now, so thanks for getting me uber excited. DROOOL

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Steps, Shit man. I did not know that was you!!!! How you doing my brother?

Crazy Composer

Crazy Composer

A Grower
Supporter
phoenix,

I don't do the amber trichs thing. To me, it's as simple as looking at the bud and being honest with yourself. Ask... 'is this really as ripe as it could be?'. A bud will go through a few stages at the end of flowering. The pistils begin to die off, and the calyxes attatched to those pistils follow suit by swelling up. There's nothing more these swollen calyxes can do but sit and get older. The trick is catch the buds when the majority of the pistils have died and the calyxes have swollen (you'll rarely have to wait so long that every calyx has swollen).

But... every plant ripens differently, so it's all up to the grower. For example, Chemdog #4 will continue to throw pistil almost indefinitaly, even though it's probably ripe enough at about 70-80 days.

FFA will look ripe enough at day 60, but can easily benefit (in taste) from 70-77 days of flower.

A general rule of thumb for me is... NOTHING is done before 60 days. Even plants like C99, that so many people think is done at day 50-55, isn't what I'd consider done until at least 60 days. If you don't like the taste of C99 after 50 days, then you proably just don't like the taste of ripe Cindy.

Another determining factor for me is... smell. An unripe bud can smell nice, but a ripe bud smells like SMOKE ME NOW! This comes with experience. Trust your nose. :)

og dmc

og dmc

What up CC , nice pics as usual. I also agree with the nothing is ripe before 60 days rule. If your after flavor, quality and effect that is the best way to get it.

C

Chesney

Very nice looking bud, makes my mouth water just looking at it!!!

T

the Rock

nice insight cc on when to harvest= i have never examined trichs either,experience over time will tell

T

thc4sim

Yea that looks like the ECSD cut i got, its awesome!!!

Nice lookin tops!

Crazy Composer

Crazy Composer

A Grower
Supporter
hiya CC , welcome to the farm :) . it s stepinrazor . long time man . don t know who it is posting on icmag as steppinRazor , seen you posting thinking it was me i think . maybe it s one of the stalkers i picked up with that handle . some weird folks on these boards i tell ya .

lovely looking buds as always . shots taken with the new kit ? when i grew Rez s ecsdv3 the major disappointment was the longevity of the high . chopped em around mid 70s from memory . totally unique taste and smell without a doubt , perhaps i just chopped em early .

bests bro , good to have you here on the farm . btw , if you aint seen it , Lone posted a message recently over on BB . alls well , he s sounding really healthy and won his case .

sure you ll feel right at home here on the farm ;)

Hey bro! Didn't notice your post til jsut now. :)

You've got a steppinrazor wannabe!? hahaha That's cool. Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :) I think that's what they say.

Nope, these are pics from two crops ago. I keep some kicking around for when I find a cool new website to psot them too. hehehe These were going to go to High Times, but now that I have the new camera, I figured I'd start over. :)

Peace, good hearing from ya! :)
cc

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Thanks, all :)

th, Yes, this is the cut called ECSD.

Its called ECSD because when it was getting famous, back in the day, there was another cut on the west coast called Diesel which was different. Someone, I believe it was Rezdog, coined the name "East Coast Sour Diesel" do differentiate between the two... and it seems to have worked because there's no more confusion. :)

Very nice bud, it looks gorgeous.

As far as I know both Diesel and Sour Diesel come from NY. This seems to be where the stories originate both of those strains. And this makes sense as Chemdog was out on the east coast when he grew out the original Chem's, and then passed on the genetics to a grower in NY, which is where Diesel comes from, and I am pretty sure Sour Diesel is a descendant of that plant. The moniker ECSD didn't seem to gain popularity until Rez started breeding with it and cuts started floating around Cali. The ECSD was named so to distinguish it from Rez's Sour Diesel IBL. Again this is just the story as far as I have been able to piece together.

GrowBot

GrowBot

awesome lookin buds there buddy - i dunno why i dont have this cut in my garden, it looks like ive been missing out - take care man, peace

S

ScrogaholiC

yes sir .... one word .... mouthwatering :tongueout

looks like you are really a crazy composer :dance

best to you

Top Bottom