Southern California Clones

• Thread starter NoFr1ends
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NoFr1ends

I’m looking for the best spot to get clean and good clones from in Southern California. I am a medical patient. I don’t need that many. I’ve had multiple people tell me Green Dragon in LA but wanted to get more people’s opinion. Should I just pop beans and find my own keepers? Happy holidays

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Sounds good to me! Thanks!

So do I take clones off the seed and flower those or flower the mom?
You can do it either way. You can flower the mom and take cuts right before you flower. Or you can keep the seed mom and take cuts then flower those. I always try to keep the seed as mom for as long as possible if it’s a keeper

N

NoFr1ends

You can do it either way. You can flower the mom and take cuts right before you flower. Or you can keep the seed mom and take cuts then flower those. I always try to keep the seed as mom for as long as possible if it’s a keeper

Awesome.. how many packs do you normally pop of one strain?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well you can start with one pack to get your feet wet. But your best chances in finding an elite though is as many as you can afford. That being said what ever strains your growing have to be capAble of an elite pheno.
and indeed finding that holy grail pheno is a numbers game!!!! more numbers increase's the chances.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

There is no holy grail pheno in my opinion. Just hype and stoners with confirmation bias.

Best plants were picked years ago and they are not getting better from more breeding.

And that’s for actual bred plants. Not the pollen chuck o the month which seems to just create leafier and smaller buds.

The high thc claimed is simply all the frost on the leaves. Which there are more of on the buds.

I say grow every seed the best we can and most will make us happy.

Then grow one again or ten before deciding about the genetics.

N

NoFr1ends

There is no holy grail pheno in my opinion. Just hype and stoners with confirmation bias.

Best plants were picked years ago and they are not getting better from more breeding.

And that’s for actual bred plants. Not the pollen chuck o the month which seems to just create leafier and smaller buds.

The high thc claimed is simply all the frost on the leaves. Which there are more of on the buds.

I say grow every seed the best we can and most will make us happy.

Then grow one again or ten before deciding about the genetics.

So you pop seeds every time? Just seems like a long process to pop seeds every single time.

N

NoFr1ends

how much real estate you have? Depends on your situation and capabilities/room

Well the room I’m in is 11x13 pretty much. I have a 2 ton split in there. Only a 5x5 tent for now. I had at one time four 630 CMHs with the room filled. I live in a condo so it was a little sketchy during the last few weeks haha. Stanky. This time I really wanted to try a flower tent and a veg tent in the same room.

Monster762

Monster762

I’m looking for the best spot to get clean and good clones from in Southern California. I am a medical patient. I don’t need that many. I’ve had multiple people tell me Green Dragon in LA but wanted to get more people’s opinion. Should I just pop beans and find my own keepers? Happy holidays
I’m not trying to sell or steer you any way but clones are a roll of the dice even more than seeds. Unless you personally know who you’re getting em from. And know they’ll care for your clones. Other than that cut rooted fungus n all they send em. More disease n fungi issues come Clones. I would go seed. Feminized to save time n go with a good breeder. I’d shy from blueberry crosses. Get you a good og kush
cross should be pretty easy to grow n rewarding at the end. Clone your own plants. Then you got safe clones.

Monster762

Monster762

Well the room I’m in is 11x13 pretty much. I have a 2 ton split in there. Only a 5x5 tent for now. I had at one time four 630 CMHs with the room filled. I live in a condo so it was a little sketchy during the last few weeks haha. Stanky. This time I really wanted to try a flower tent and a veg tent in the same room.
Idk about in same room. I never trusted my tent being lightproof. I can see the pinholes of light coming out of it.
Now technically it shouldn’t matter by the time it gets to another tent
but I keep the room my flower box is in dark cool n dry. I ac the big room n control it’s temps n rh And use passive intake.exhausted straight outside from the tent So whatever I set that room at is what the tent gets fed It’s the hang drying bedroom with flower tent taking half of it.

2 boxes feeding from same room different light schedules wanting different rh and temps “could” cause issues eventually. Maybe.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So you pop seeds every time? Just seems like a long process to pop seeds every single time.

No I take cuttings here and there and reveg a few cuttings from nice plants budding in the flower room to run them again sometimes or for testing.

But 90% or more from seeds.

Hybrid Seeds are vigorous and and fast and grow stronger plants in my opinion.

And I love the variety.

I try to grow every different plant to potential.

And harvest something different every week or two.

BBA63049 FB27 4508 A22E 80CB2DC93EB3

Been averaging 5 oz dry in 3 gal pots for a few years with quite a few different breeders seeds gone through there.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Idk about in same room. I never trusted my tent being lightproof. I can see the pinholes of light coming out of it.
Now technically it shouldn’t matter by the time it gets to another tent
but I keep the room my flower box is in dark cool n dry. I ac the big room n control it’s temps n rh And use passive intake.exhausted straight outside from the tent So whatever I set that room at is what the tent gets fed It’s the hang drying bedroom with flower tent taking half of it.

2 boxes feeding from same room different light schedules wanting different rh and temps “could” cause issues eventually. Maybe.

I did it for a couple years in the spare bedroom of a single wide. 2x3 propogator tent with t-5’s for 2-4 weeks veg and into a very well gorilla taped secret jardin 4x4 tent with a 600 for flower for a plant cropped every other week on an 8 week average cycle.

1/4 to half pound a month production.

The seed a stealth window board for exhaust. Trailer next door never noticed anything.

Monster762

Monster762

No I take cuttings here and there and reveg a few cuttings from nice plants budding in the flower room to run them again sometimes or for testing.

And I love the variety.

View attachment 848354

Been averaging 5 oz dry in 3 gal pots for a few years with quite a few different breeders seeds gone through there.
Cuttings from your plants right? You initially by seed though no outside clone right?then clone your own to cut time n all. I think that’s what was asking.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Cuttings from your plants right? You initially by seed though no outside clone right?then clone your own to cut time n all. I think that’s what was asking.

Yes. No outside plants brought into my garden so far. And so far no pests but a few gnats in 5 years growing perpetually with no break. Even moved flowering plants to the new house and just continued.

Monster762

Monster762

And I love the variety.

View attachment 848354

Yeah I’m trying to hit 12oz on 4 plants in 4x4 scrogging . I think I’ll get it maybe underestimated.
I was pulling 1-3 oz each without net. Which ain’t saying a lot but I’m working on it.

Monster762

Monster762

Yes. No outside plants brought into my garden so far. And so far no pests but a few gnats in 5 years growing perpetually with no break. Even moved flowering plants to the new house and just continued.
Yup my dad brought damn plant in to save from freeze n gave veg box broad mites. So I’m fighting that with an active wall of buds in scrog on other side of house

I think no outside plants is a good rule. From outdoors or any other garden

Top Bottom