spider mites...Help!

• Thread starter fukwitit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fukwitit

fukwitit

so far i lost all my vegging plants. had to cut my harvest early due to these pests taking over my grow. im in desperate need of some safe organic soloutions that work to get rid of these spider mites. anyone have any suggestions?

fukwitit

fukwitit

caps foliar pack
shop vac
water and iso at 50/50 sprayed everyday for week or two
SNS spray
water and dish soap, spray every 2-3 days for 2 weeks

a few choices for you :D
will anykind of dishsoap work? i tryed this before and it fried them beyond repair. how much dish soap per gal.?

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

Try captain jack's deadbug brew.

To urbanfrog's water and iso at 50/50 mix recommendation add dishsoap the mix

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

I just do a "squirt" so Id say about a teaspoon
...yeah, this would actually probably be a little too much, all you want is a few drops, any more than that and you get suds in your spray bottle, ...so just a short squirt into your already full spray bottle, if you add the soap first, again you get suds.

...the soap acts like an acid on the shells and it doesn't need to be a heavy concentration of soap to be effective.

...i don't know how effective soap would be with a severe infestation but if you are fairly vigilant in your op so's you spot them early then soap is all you need to handle mites.

...although (in my best Peter Falk voice) when i'm spraying for mites i like to add some molasses with the soap, say a teaspoon per gallon, ... i started adding molasses as part of a pest control strategy after watching Murray Hallams aquaponics videos, he suggests that insects seem to avoid plants with a high brix reading and the molasses sorta fools the bugs into thinking the plant is healthier than it is maybe.

...there is a world of difference between watching and hearing and understanding a thing and then being able to explain something like this so i'd suggest you seek Murray out on his YouTube channel and hear it first hand.

peace, bozo

Slowitdown

Slowitdown

Just search the forums there are a hundred threads on this...

ElManiaco

ElManiaco

PREDATOR MITES bro! Best investment but a lil spendy... If it's really bad, buy different types... Army against an army... Get ur scope out & it'll be a massacre! Muahahaha!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
will anykind of dishsoap work? i tryed this before and it fried them beyond repair. how much dish soap per gal.?
Use actual SOAP, not detergent like Dawn. Also, we've got so many threads on this subject I'm rather amazed you couldn't find useful information in any of them.
so far i lost all my vegging plants. had to cut my harvest early due to these pests taking over my grow. im in desperate need of some safe organic soloutions that work to get rid of these spider mites. anyone have any suggestions?
You've gotta start keeping a closer eye on your plants, man.

Dr.Trichome

Dr.Trichome

Insecticidal soap.
And keep a clean grow.
Use it as preventative maintenence.
Like sea says...
Don't get it and you won't fight it.
There is so much info on topics like this....

fukwitit

fukwitit

Use actual SOAP, not detergent like Dawn. Also, we've got so many threads on this subject I'm rather amazed you couldn't find useful information in any of them.

You've gotta start keeping a closer eye on your plants, man.
usuall i do..but i tried the composting thing and brought A Bugs Lifr To My Grow..XD

J

johnjays13

green clean with a fogger killed off my mites and my buddy's. i tried flora mite avid and some other harsh shit and it didnt work...be careful though green clean did burn some of my leaves but it was effective..on the directions it tells you that whatever you dont spray doesnt get killed..in other words you need to get everywhere or something will survive good luck

Evan Duffy

Evan Duffy

Hey guys wondering if anyone would be able to diagnosis these plants do they have mites Whatchas reckon?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Definitely not. You might want to Google spider mite damage to see what they do. That looks like a nutrient or pH problem.

Evan Duffy

Evan Duffy

S
Definitely not. You might want to Google spider mite damage to see what they do. That looks like a nutrient or pH problem.

Sorry to ball bust mate but I'm still convinced I've mites any advice?

Top Bottom