Spotty Leaves, Pics Included

• Thread starter Watwat87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Watwat87

I will attach some pictures.
I am growing hydro, ph is 6, i am using fox farm nutes, 5gal buckets, in a growtent, flourescent/led lights.
My plants were fine, then i noticed they were not getting much water, was a tubing problem, once i fixed the tubes, started getting proper amounts of water and now my lower leaves dont looks too happy. Im thinking it was a flux in ph/nutes since they werent getting proper supply for maybe a day or 2. But im worried could be leaf septoria or another bacteria? Yes i notice a leaf curling i need to bump my lights up...could that cause this?
Anyway thanks in advance for any input

Spotty leaves pics included
Spotty leaves pics included 2

M

Mr.GreenLeaf

I will attach some pictures.
I am growing hydro, ph is 6, i am using fox farm nutes, 5gal buckets, in a growtent, flourescent/led lights.
My plants were fine, then i noticed they were not getting much water, was a tubing problem, once i fixed the tubes, started getting proper amounts of water and now my lower leaves dont looks too happy. Im thinking it was a flux in ph/nutes since they werent getting proper supply for maybe a day or 2. But im worried could be leaf septoria or another bacteria? Yes i notice a leaf curling i need to bump my lights up...could that cause this?
Anyway thanks in advance for any input

View attachment 781397 View attachment 781398
Hey Watwat87 what’s up? I have seen this before on my own plants, it could be over fertilization, but it’s more likely due to your pH being off. You can have too high of or too low of pH and this can lock up nutrients in the form of un-dissolvable salts and different compounds, some of which are toxic to the plants. What happens next is the grower tries to supplement the plants diet by adding more fertilizers, throwing off the pH even more. Just recheck you levels and adjust your ph if needed, also its best if you use a ppm meter with your nutes this can help you from under or over feeding your plants.

W

Watwat87

Hey Watwat87 what’s up? I have seen this before on my own plants, it could be over fertilization, but it’s more likely due to your pH being off. You can have too high of or too low of pH and this can lock up nutrients in the form of un-dissolvable salts and different compounds, some of which are toxic to the plants. What happens next is the grower tries to supplement the plants diet by adding more fertilizers, throwing off the pH even more. Just recheck you levels and adjust your ph if needed, also its best if you use a ppm meter with your nutes this can help you from under or over feeding your plants.
Hey Hey! Thanks for the reply, it was a ph problem, and a mag deficiency, I wasn' using my nutes properly it' my first time but I'm learning! I also saw the beginning of some algae (I made my setup from scratch) but I managed to clear it up, cleaned my whole setup (took 5hrs!) And blocked parts that were letting light in, new tubing and refreshed my nutes PROPERLY lol. Everything looks pretty good so far

For now...
Fingers crossed lol

Leew421

Leew421

Looks way more like calcium. Mag def has more red color and purple stems

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Looks way more like calcium. Mag def has more red color and purple stems
Yes, you are correct, but usually they'r the first things to be locked out from ph being off. The Browning of the leaves is my tell tale sign.

Latest posts

Top Bottom